Beverage choices on Jade

Bathrobe Cruiser

We just booked on the Jade. Our booking agent told us that there was vitamin water and Gatorade available from the fountain at the buffets. I find that hard to believe. Does anyone have a list of all the soda, juices, flavored waters, etc.. that are free or come with the UBP deal? And if Gatorade is not free anyone know the cost? Need it for mornings...hehehehe.

I've never sailed on the Jade (soon, I will) but I've sailed on four other NCL ships over the last three years. They have flavored water in the fountains, like Kiwi Strawberry and some Tangerine one I think. They are not vitamin water and I have never seen Gatoraid either in the fountain or ala carte. If they hadn't changed their policy you could bring your own on. We used to bring Juice Boxes for our kids until this year when they will have flavored water, juice at breakfast or plain water or milk with meals.

I do not have a list of offerings, but this is what I've experienced up until about a year ago. If no one else can offer up more definitive info I can report back after we sail next month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello! There is Gatorade onboard but only from the arcade at an extra cost, think it was $2. (Onboard Getaway in May)

I definitely have never seen it at any buffet, they only have lemonade/some type of tropical water (kiwi/strawberry).

I wrote a blog post about the package here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-unlimited-beverage-package/ which talks about what is included and what isn't. Hopefully it is useful to you :)

Have a fabulous cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked on the Jade. Our booking agent told us that there was vitamin water and Gatorade available from the fountain at the buffets. I find that hard to believe. Does anyone have a list of all the soda, juices, flavored waters, etc.. that are free or come with the UBP deal? And if Gatorade is not free anyone know the cost? Need it for mornings...hehehehe.

Your booking agent told you want you wanted to hear. Neither vitamin water nor Gatorade is available at the buffet. Orange/Apple/Cranberry juice (from syrup) for breakfast and Ice tea and flavored waters (strawberry kiwi) at lunch and dinner are available from the buffet for free without a beverage package.

Your beverage package includes drinks under $15 including designated spirits, cocktails, bottled beer, draft beer, and wines by the glass and unlimited fountain soda (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda), and juices (not fresh juice).

Does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands, bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, souvenir items or wine stations.

Edited by BirdTravels

Okay, so I've had the beverage package on a celebrity cruise and the soda package on both royal and princess. I was given a large plastic thermal "glass" which I would take to a bar to be filled with either soda or beer (or whatever). Is this also how Ncl does it? On royal Caribbean, they had those soda machines so you could fill your thermal glass on your own without having to go to a bar. It really was convenient.

Okay, so I've had the beverage package on a celebrity cruise and the soda package on both royal and princess. I was given a large plastic thermal "glass" which I would take to a bar to be filled with either soda or beer (or whatever). Is this also how Ncl does it? On royal Caribbean, they had those soda machines so you could fill your thermal glass on your own without having to go to a bar. It really was convenient.

I haven't had the bev package before so can't say ref the thermal glass. But there are not the soda machines (wish there were!!). I always bring my own big water bottle (top that pops off so no sanitation issues) and fill from the buffet fountain drinks.

Nope no glasses, they used to do one for the soda packages but not anymore. Just order at the bar and get a glass same as everybody else :)

Hello! There is Gatorade onboard but only from the arcade at an extra cost, think it was $2. (Onboard Getaway in May)

I definitely have never seen it at any buffet, they only have lemonade/some type of tropical water (kiwi/strawberry).

I wrote a blog post about the package here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-unlimited-beverage-package/ which talks about what is included and what isn't. Hopefully it is useful to you :)

Have a fabulous cruise!!

Thanks for the link. It was very informative both for the package and the other articles you wrote. I would suggest everyone visit your blog and learn more about cruising !

Thanks for the link. It was very informative both for the package and the other articles you wrote. I would suggest everyone visit your blog and learn more about cruising !

What a lovely comment! Thank you so much, you have made my day :)