First Full Day on Board

babs135

Do you have a routine for your first full day on board ship? Or do you wake up and just go with the flow? Perhaps it depends on whether you've been on the ship before ?

We will be on the Breakaway which is the biggest ship we will have sailed on and will probably study carefully the daily programme to see what if anything catches our interest.

TIA

So,,,, we are diamknd Cunard world club members and platinum NCL latitudes members. And you know that the environment on the ships are different. We like to get up early, have a nice breakfast in the MDR (avoiding the crowds in the buffet) and check out our Free Style daily program. Even though we don't necessarily like the hype in the port shopping seminars, we sit through the sales pitch to hear a little about the ports and to get our port maps.

Then it is out to the sun deck for a while or spa. The Breakawy has a great thermal suite to sit and relax in. If the weather is nice, the waterfront is a nice place to sit and relax. We have been on the breakaway and her sister ships (getaway and escape) and their cousin the Epic a total of 11 times and enjoy the variety of things to see and do on the mega ships. Enjoy!

Edited by BirdTravels

It's called Freestyle for a reason and it's in full blast! =) If you are an outside person and would rather get some sun/enjoy the atmosphere at the pool area I suggest doing that first thing after breakfast. Otherwise the chair you want more than likely won't be available later. I'd much rather lay out in the morning for a few hours than in the afternoon/evening. I have all day to do whatever I want. Then go from there. Enjoy the freestyle ability and do whatever you want. Take advantage of any and everything. =)

OP if this is your first time on the ship you must walk around and explore. even after a week i never ran into the MDR. and had to search out the bowling alley and pool table. 5 bucks to bowl but i couldnt resist.

most of the atrium things didnt interest me. none i put on my schedule but if i was at the bar when it happened. it was a great seat to watch from.

OP if this is your first time on the ship you must walk around and explore. even after a week i never ran into the MDR. and had to search out the bowling alley and pool table. 5 bucks to bowl but i couldnt resist.

most of the atrium things didnt interest me. none i put on my schedule but if i was at the bar when it happened. it was a great seat to watch from.

Good advice. Thanks

Breakfast and then start exploring the ship with a drink in hand.

Even better advice :D Thanks

Depending on the ship, on the 1st Sea Day there is usually a Meet and Greet at about 11 A.M. and then on the smaller ships there is a Latitudes Reception at about 1:00 or 1:30 P.M. In the early evening, between 5:15 P.M. and 6:00 P.M., the Captain will be in the lobby for pictures.