Main Dining Room (MDR) Dinner Menus - Oct 2016

Milhouse

Here are scans of all 14 MDR dinner menus that our waiter was so kind to source for us during our recent cruise on Reflection.

I took a guess at the order based on previous menu lists posted in the forum. The formal/evening chic night menus should be correctly identified though as we experienced them during the formal/evening chic nights on our cruise. However, during our cruise, while they started off going from menu A downwards to E, we had menu L during day 7 of our 11 day cruise(??). I don't know if I messed up the order, if they changed the order, or if they adjust the menus based on what product they have on hand.

There seems to have been some slight menu changes over the last couple of years.

Menu A.pdf

Menu B (Formal-Evening Chic).pdf

Menu C.pdf

Menu D.pdf

Menu E.pdf

Menu F.pdf

Menu G.pdf

Menu H (Formal-Evening Chic).pdf

Menu I.pdf

Menu J.pdf

Menu K.pdf

Menu L.pdf

Menu M.pdf

Menu N.pdf

Milhouse, thank you for posting these. My backside expanded by several inches just reading them!

Caribill, I'm not a vegetarian, but often order a vegetarian meal if I find it more interesting and appealing than the other selections on the menu. I see a wide variety of apps, soups, salads, and entrees that could work for you.

Roz

I see they have really cut down on the menu. Usually there is rack of lamb twice. (which happens to be my favorite food they make) Now it's not even there , only other variations of lamb. Not the same !

Thanks.

Any dessert menus?

Is there a separate menu for vegetarians? I do see some vegetarian entrees on the menus you posted.

Unfortunately, I didn't ask for all of the dessert menus. However, I did snap a few pictures of the dessert menus for the nights we ate in the MDR. Will see if I can find and post them.

I see they have really cut down on the menu. Usually there is rack of lamb twice. (which happens to be my favorite food they make) Now it's not even there , only other variations of lamb. Not the same !

Menu B had a rack of lamb. One of my favorites.

Seen all of them many times. Did they get rid of Top Chefs menu? It was the worst of all of them. I would like to see some really new menus. I have tried most of the options. The best is the duck on the last formal chic night. I ised to get the lobster tail lr beef wellington. Out of boredom, I tried that duck and found it outstanding. The worst dish is the turkey parmesan. Not worth eating.

Anyone know the answer to my question. Thanks in advance!

I think the menus are in a chronological order. I sailed on the Equinox last December and I am on the 11 nights Equinox this Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Q for posters who have eaten there,

In your opinion, are you able to order as many items as you want? like trying more than one appetizer, or servings of a couple different entrees, or do you feel like it's kind of frowned upon to order too much food?

Yes it did, I just reread it. :)

We were on a b2b starting 10/16 and I am sure my husband had rack of lamb one night - believe it was Tuesday (which was the third night of the first week).

Q for posters who have eaten there,

In your opinion, are you able to order as many items as you want? like trying more than one appetizer, or servings of a couple different entrees, or do you feel like it's kind of frowned upon to order too much food?

Yes we found that we could order more items if we wanted. We personally had two apps each night (once we saw that the main dish could be hit or miss). My husband ordered escargots every night along with a soup or a salad. I would try different soups and another app that sounded interesting. Loved the Scallops Rockefeller and that night I wished I had ordered 8 of them (it was an app) because it was soooo good and they only give you ONE scallop. I would have ordered 8 for my main course.

There was a couple at the table beside us - wife was tiny tiny and she had an order of the braised short ribs - which were good but seriously there were 4 the size of a cube of beef stew. She immediately ordered another serving and it was promptly brought to her - then she ordered a plate of steamed veggies! Again it was brought to her with no issue (although I did sense our usually cheerful waiter was a little annoyed that she ordered a plate of steamed veggies after they had finished their meal - and after two bites she left the rest and I could appreciate his feeling). I think it is best to order what you want from the outset so as to keep the flow of serving the meal as it is meant to be.

• 1 year later...