Bed (single) or Together -- how do I tell them what I want?

Hello!

I have only cruise on Royal Caribbean once before (usually go with Carnival) but I have a question.

Is there a way on the website to state how you want your cabin set up? With the beds together or separate? I can do that online with Carnival but cannot find it on RCCL -- perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Missy

Hello!

I have only cruise on Royal Caribbean once before (usually go with Carnival) but I have a question.

Is there a way on the website to state how you want your cabin set up? With the beds together or separate? I can do that online with Carnival but cannot find it on RCCL -- perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Missy

Its in your cruising preferences, but no matter how many times I change it or what it shows on the reservation it is never consistent when I board. I end up just talking to the cabin steward and they separate/put the bed together for me in a few minutes.

Hello!

Thanks!

Missy

If you booked on the website, you should have the ability to change the bed configuration.

If you didn't book on the website, then contact whoever booked your cruise.

Eiather way, it's no big deal to have the stateroom attendant change the bed config during the evening turndown service on the first night.

Hello!

Thanks!

Missy

Hello!

Yes there is a way, but in all honesty it rarely works. It is on the main page of your cruise planner.

I just recommend, once you board to find your steward and ask him/her to separate the beds, by the time you are back from dinner they will be apart!

Have you signed up with Crown & Anchor? If not, you need to. Once a member of C&A you can go to the RCCL site, then sign in to C&A. There you will find "Cruise Preferences." That's where you list your preferences including bed arrangement.:D

Happy cruising.:)

When I spoke with RCCL the other day, I was told they pretty much put them all together now, and will easily change them when you tell your cabin steward.

I was told that as well. But since I'm sailing solo, beds together is what I wanted :)

My beds have always been together, so it has never been an issue. I would think as a solo, they would put them together for you before you board.

On my last cruise there was a card in my cabin with the room steward's name and had a place to put any requests, such as move the bed. I wrote on the card asking for wine glasses and a cork screw. My steward came and introduced himself and mentioned the card and asked if we needed anything, i.e. moving the bed. He came back quite quickly with the cork screw and wine glass.

I have always had the bed choice in my Preferences for separate. On my last six RCCL cruises on three different ships, the default has been "together." Each time, there was a card on the bed instructing that if you want separate, speak to or leave a note for your room steward. It is done at turndown the first night.

On our last cruise (Carnival) we asked, as we always do, for the beds to be set up together. While we expected for the bed to then be made up as a queen (or is it a king?), with queen sheets, etc., they were made up separately, but shoved together. It made it quite difficult to really sleep very close to each other. It seems to be that the last time we were on RCCL, the bed was made up the way we expected. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Not really a make or break issue, I'm just curious.

Thanks so much!

On our last cruise (Carnival) we asked, as we always do, for the beds to be set up together. While we expected for the bed to then be made up as a queen (or is it a king?), with queen sheets, etc., they were made up separately, but shoved together. It made it quite difficult to really sleep very close to each other. It seems to be that the last time we were on RCCL, the bed was made up the way we expected. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Not really a make or break issue, I'm just curious.

Thanks so much!

We've always had the two beds made up as one.

Thanks so much!

On RCI in our experience they have always been made as a queen, one bed - not two singles made separately pushed together.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

When I spoke with RCCL the other day, I was told they pretty much put them all together now, and will easily change them when you tell your cabin steward.

I was told this over a year ago. Now the stewards have all the beds put together and you cannot request that they be separated until you are on board and ask your steward to do this.

When we stay in a suite ( which is not very often) I have emailed the concierge and they have taken care of separating the beds before we board.

It really is not a problem having it done once on board but I liked it when we could request it ahead of time.

I was just told by customer service that the beds are automatically put together no matter what unless you request for it to be separated.

I've had the 'Beds Apart' preference indicated on my profile for years. And I always use the same travel agent, so she knows that too. Still, virtually every time, the bed is made up as one and I have to ask the steward to change it once on-board.

Honestly, it's a pain for the stewards to have remake the beds. They've already got enough to do on change-over days. So if that's a new policy, I sure wish they would change it.

When we boarded Indy 5 days ago, there was a card in the cabin with a tick box where you could request how you wanted the bed (they were together and made up as a King when we arrived). We wanted twins, and it was done by the time we went to bed that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've had the 'Beds Apart' preference indicated on my profile for years. And I always use the same travel agent, so she knows that too. Still, virtually every time, the bed is made up as one and I have to ask the steward to change it once on-board.

Honestly, it's a pain for the stewards to have remake the beds. They've already got enough to do on change-over days. So if that's a new policy, I sure wish they would change it.

and I have always requested they be put together, but I guess the room steward sees two women (we are married) and assumes it's supposed to be apart. More than half the time.

In this case, it works out for me if they are automatically put together, but not for you if they get it wrong half the time as well.

She did lead me to believe it's done automatically now and can be changed once on board. At the same time, what's the point in having the ability to choose in your cruise reservation, if it doesn't matter. I agree with you and we need to keep in mind, there's a good chance...and here's a shocker...that what she told me was wrong :rolleyes:;)

Ask for the bed configuration like you want with the cruise line. Do not expect it to happen, so if not, just ask the room steward to change it ASAP.

On Non balcony rooms the separated beds seem to give the room much more room.