Dining reservations changed without our permission

tiller

Oh man, don't go and tell people about dining aft in Terrace. We spent 6 months out there and we loved it!

We even had "our table" and when the staff saw us coming they got our beverages...without any orders being placed!

Fellow cruisers knew where to find us...and we, them!!!

If that doesn't include being able to select the area in which we are seated, then so be it (I suppose).

If you want a specific area in the specialties I suggest going to the Maitre'd early in the cruise & tell them where you would like to be seated

If you wait until you arrive at the restaurant it is a major problem

When you go you will notice they check the board in front of them & see where they have allocated a table for you ...if you ask for a different location it throws a spanner in the works

They have to figure out what table is not allocated for the next time slot & if you will be done before they have to turn over the table to other scheduled guests

GDR is usually less of an issue for special seating requests

jmo

So the representative at Oceania called my mom back this morning and offered an extra reservation. We made a second booking for Tuscan Steakhouse, though I don't know if we'll keep it once we're on the ship, might depend on how much we enjoy the MDR. My mom did ask for a free bottle of wine but got nothing out of that.

Thank you to everyone for your advice and commiseration. Oceania ought to investigate these "glitches"!

Correction: The second booking made was for the Red Ginger, so two for that and one for TS. I should read the e-mails my mom forwards more carefully. We may get a bottle of wine too after all, but I don't think we have that in writing.

If you want a specific area in the specialties I suggest going to the Maitre'd early in the cruise & tell them where you would like to be seated

If you wait until you arrive at the restaurant it is a major problem

When you go you will notice they check the board in front of them & see where they have allocated a table for you ...if you ask for a different location it throws a spanner in the works

They have to figure out what table is not allocated for the next time slot & if you will be done before they have to turn over the table to other scheduled guests

GDR is usually less of an issue for special seating requests

jmo

Lyn,

I think that if you are not 100% correct, then you are pretty close to how this works IMO.

Lyn,

I think that if you are not 100% correct, then you are pretty close to how this works IMO.

I am not certain how it works but I do believe they have the table assignment made in advance of your arrival in the Specialties ;)

It certainly makes sense that they know in advance what table has been assigned to you. Seems to me they always check their "map" to see where our table is. It sounds to me like Lyn is absolutely on target here.

(Paul, I agree with you too!) :D

Mura

Well, as Arte Johnson's German soldier used to say on Laugh-In: "Verrrry Eeenterrestink!"

LHT28's post about table scheduling was revelatory, and the general agreement among veteran posters seems to confirm its veracity. Who knew? Not me.

Thanks, everyone, for teaching an old dog a new lesson. Will remember it next time.

Edited by DrHemlock

Thanks, everyone, for teaching an old dog a new lesson. Will remember it next time.

..and they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks :D

(sorry DrH - I am just teasing you. I have no idea how young/old you are).

If you do "remember it next time", then you are doing much better than me - sometimes I can barely remember my name any more :D

tiller,

we are on the same cruise as you. I also made reservations as soon as I was able. The other day my wife received a call from Oceania Group Manager and he told us they had a group and needed to change our reservation. We managed to get a reasonable time on another day. At least they called me. They didn't just change it.

Hope to meet you onboard.

Mel

Sent from my iPhone using Forums