Carnival Corp. sued due to luggage falling on passenger

DaytonCruiser

They are probably sued every week. We have a friend who works lost prevention for Frontier Airlines, frivolous lawsuits are fairly common. There is a guy on TV everyday who has had 3,000 lawsuits in 10 years, almost one a day.

Seems to me, reading between the lines that on boarding while walking up the walkway onto the ship, someone in front of her let go of their suitcase and she tripped on it. Seems to me, she was "tailgating" the folks in front of her in her eagerness to get on board!

Until there is a law stating that if you lose a civil case then you and your lawyer are responsible for all costs of the trial these types of cases will continue.

I totally agree but I don't think that will ever happen because who do the people keep electing to office? Lawyers. Why would they vote themselves out of a paycheck?

Terrific in-depth reporting -- I wonder what happened :confused: -- the story told almost nothing --- Inquiring minds want to know ;)

I agree. The report doesn't say how much luggage fell on the plaintiff, nor what injuries she might have sustained. From what height did the luggage fall? Was the luggage stacked on a cart, and if so, by whom? By the plaintiff, doing self-debarkation? It would be nice to know the whole story before making a comment. Also, since this happened nearly a year ago, why did she wait so long to file a complaint?

It doesn't surprise me, after all the complaining I heard this week about the cruise ship rocking too much and someone should do something about it! I've come to the conclusion people are just not that bright overall lol

Wait what?! Carnival ships don't employ wizards who hold dominion over land and sea?!

I'm canceling my future cruises. That's just negligent.

I agree. The report doesn't say how much luggage fell on the plaintiff, nor what injuries she might have sustained. From what height did the luggage fall? Was the luggage stacked on a cart, and if so, by whom? By the plaintiff, doing self-debarkation? It would be nice to know the whole story before making a comment. Also, since this happened nearly a year ago, why did she wait so long to file a complaint?

The website is not a news organization. It is a advocacy group associated with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. It just lists the bare bones public information on lawsuits filed in Florida.

I agree that there is not enough information to judge this case on. That's what will be done in the legal system. And as for why did she wait so long to file a complaint, remember this 'article' is about when she file the lawsuit which is public record. She may well have filed a complaint with the cruise line the day this happened. But that type of information is private, and so was any back and forth communication/negotiation between her and the cruise line prior to the filing of the lawsuit.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Did she engage the services of a porter? Everyone knows you are responsible for your own luggage unless you tip a porter to help you. What a mess of a story - no information at all!

Even if she did, the porters work for the port, not Carnival...

Wait what?! Carnival ships don't employ wizards who hold dominion over land and sea?!

I'm canceling my future cruises. That's just negligent.

LOL, wherever there is a client an ambulance chaser won't be far behind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The real question is:

Where (in what city / country) must be this law suit be filed?

Check the cruise contract.

Country ,Florida :D ;). I heard the ex husband had a hand on the luggage :eek: before it fell.