Question about Splendor B2B cruises 1st ends in Miami 2nd starts in Fort Lauderdale

Tatka

Our friends are sailing on back-to-back cruises

April 30th - May 7th (Miami - Miami)

May 7th 9PM - May 13th (Fort Lauderdale - Fort Lauderdale)

Interesting part which we never encountered is that the same ship can sail to and from different ports on the same day.

Question is ... Will they let back-to-backers stay on board while ship sails from Miami to Ft Lauderdale?

Thank you!

Interesting part which we never encountered is that the same ship can sail to and from different ports on the same day.

Question is ... Will they let back-to-backers stay on board while ship sails from Miami to Ft Lauderdale?

Thank you!

I wouldn't think a b2b would be permissable seeing as you are starting in Miami and ending in a different port in the U.S.

Is the ship going from Miami to FLL empty? Maybe that would be allowable.

Have to wait until the PVSA experts read this.

Bill

Oh... I forgot that under Jones Law it is probably prohibited. :(

So if they bought two independent cruises they will need to find own transportation. Correct?

But they are not leaving ship in FLL and will continue to sail to foreign ports. Wouldn't this be like for example California Coastal or New England/Canada with Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine one after another?

Edited by Tatka

Oh... I forgot that under Jones Law it is probably prohibited. :(

So if they bought two independent cruises they will need to find own transportation. Correct?

But they are not leaving ship in FLL and will continue to sail to foreign ports. Wouldn't this be like for example California Coastal or New England/Canada with Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine one after another?

I can't definitively say one way or the other but I would think if they had to disembark in Miami and get transportation to FLL and reboard it would be OK but I'm not an expert. That's why I mentioned to wait for the experts to read this.

The new england cruises are closed loop and all that is required to make those cruises legal is a stop at a foreign port.

If your friends were able to stay onboard after their Miami voyage and the next one ends in FLL they would have to travel to a distant foreign port such as Aruba to make it legal.

I have a feeling they are going to go from MIA to FLL empty but what do i know. Just speculating.

Bill

Do either of the itineraries go to Aruba, Bonnaire, Curaçao or Cartegena Colombia? If not then to avoid PVSA violation all passengers would have to disembark in Miami, the ship would have to sail from Miami to FLL with only crew and any B2B passengers would have to embark again in FLL.

If either itinerary includes any of the above listed ports it would satisfy the distant port requirement for PVSA, and B2B'rs could stay onboard for the shift from Miami to FLL.

Do either of the itineraries go to Aruba, Bonnaire, Curaçao or Cartegena Colombia? If not then to avoid PVSA violation all passengers would have to disembark in Miami, the ship would have to sail from Miami to FLL with only crew and any B2B passengers would have to embark again in FLL.

If either itinerary includes any of the above listed ports it would satisfy the distant port requirement for PVSA, and B2B'rs could stay onboard for the shift from Miami to FLL.

1st leg itinerary:

04/30 MIAMI, FL

(Depart 04:00 PM)

05/01 FUN DAY AT SEA

05/02 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS

(07:30 AM - 03:00 PM)

05/03 MAHOGANY BAY, ISLA ROATAN

(10:00 AM - 06:00 PM)

05/04 BELIZE

(08:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

05/05 COZUMEL, MEXICO

(08:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

05/06 FUN DAY AT SEA

05/07 MIAMI, FL

(Arrive 08:00 AM)

2nd leg itinerary:

05/07 FT LAUDERDALE (PT EVRGLDS), FL

(Depart 09:00 PM)

05/08 NASSAU, THE BAHAMAS

(09:00 AM - 05:00 PM)

05/09 HALF MOON CAY, THE BAHAMAS

(08:00 AM - 04:00 PM)

05/10 GRAND TURK

(11:00 AM - 07:00 PM)

05/11 AMBER COVE, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

(08:00 AM - 04:00 PM)

05/12 FUN DAY AT SEA

05/13 FT LAUDERDALE (PT EVRGLDS), FL

(Arrive 08:00 AM)

Bill

Thank you!

Give them a call.

We did the exact thing last February, only started with Ft. Lauderdale first and then Miami. No, you can not stay on board while the ship travels empty to the next port. We were given courtesy 'In transit' shuttle passes for the Carnival bus shuttle from guest services while on board the ship. Suggest you talk to guest services early on during the first part of your cruise as I'm sure you might be given different disembarkation instructions. We also received a bottle of wine in our cabin on our second half of the cruise which is something I think b2b cruisers get. If you are staying in the same cabin you can leave your luggage in the cabin. We were in different cabins and chose to take our carry on with us when we got off. We didn't have any other luggage so I am not sure if they will allow you to leave it on board or not. I found that I got different answers from Carnival staff when I called from home during our planning stage. I got straight answers once on board from guest services.

Enjoy your cruise!