Tipping?

phabric

I have booked transfers with AMA, airport to Paris hotel and Barcelona hotel to airport. It might be a private car since there might not be others arriving at that time. It will be 2 ladies, 2 carry on, 2 checked suitcases.

We are not used to using a car service. I. was wondering what we should tip in Euors?

I have booked transfers with AMA, airport to Paris hotel and Barcelona hotel to airport. It might be a private car since there might not be others arriving at that time. It will be 2 ladies, 2 carry on, 2 checked suitcases.

We are not used to using a car service. I. was wondering what we should tip in Euors?

Hi,

Just did this trip on AMA in July- you will have a great time. Tipping for the transfer-if the transfer is part of your hotel package (as was ours)and you arrive early-as we did @ 6:15am most likely there will be a minivan/car waiting for you.We were the 1st to arrive and had a Mercedes to ourselves. That being said as long as the driver assists you with all bags from airport arrival to hotel arrival 5 euros a person will be more than enough. The hotel will store your bags until the room is ready. This is a great itinerary. In Barcelona ( if you are at the Meridien Hotel )walk out the main door and turn right for about 1 block and cross the street for Bar Lobo- very good tapas nice service and 2 ladies will not feel uncomfortable. Also (take a cab) to El Cangreigo Loco -seafood restaurant@ Port Olimpic- Moll de Gregal29-30. Beautiful setting, good wine list and the view is wonderful.

Be sure to go La Boqueria which is 5 min from the hotel. Do NOT eat on Las Rambla-very touristy and way to $$ for bad food.

Have a great time

Carole

If this is a pre booked transfer then 5 Euros per person is too much for a tip. If you want to leave something then 5 Euros total is certainly enough.

If it was a taxi taken at the rank then you round up to the nearest Euro. The taxi drivers don't expect tips and don't get them from locals.

Hi,

Just did this trip on AMA in July- you will have a great time. Tipping for the transfer-if the transfer is part of your hotel package (as was ours)and you arrive early-as we did @ 6:15am most likely there will be a minivan/car waiting for you.We were the 1st to arrive and had a Mercedes to ourselves. That being said as long as the driver assists you with all bags from airport arrival to hotel arrival 5 euros a person will be more than enough. The hotel will store your bags until the room is ready. This is a great itinerary. In Barcelona ( if you are at the Meridien Hotel )walk out the main door and turn right for about 1 block and cross the street for Bar Lobo- very good tapas nice service and 2 ladies will not feel uncomfortable. Also (take a cab) to El Cangreigo Loco -seafood restaurant@ Port Olimpic- Moll de Gregal29-30. Beautiful setting, good wine list and the view is wonderful.

Be sure to go La Boqueria which is 5 min from the hotel. Do NOT eat on Las Rambla-very touristy and way to $$ for bad food.

Have a great time

Carole

Thank you for the helpful hints.

In London, I used a car service and paid the driver direct so rounded up the price. I have never used a transfer that was prepaid before so was not sure what amount to pay.

We have AMA hotels reserved with their transfers added on for Paris and Barcelona.

We arrive from Canada to Paris at 10:55am and leave Barcelona at 2:05pm. We won't know until we get there if there will be others taking their transfer at our arrival time so could be private or with others.

I have read it takes about a hour to get to the Paris hotel from the airport. How long was it to the Barcelona airport from their hotel?

If, you took their transfer from the Barcelona hotel, did they tell you what time your transfer time was or did you tell them want time you wanted to arrive at the airport? I am a planner/worrywart and like to be early.

I don't know about AMA but every cruise I have done will list the flight times for all the people taking transfers and they will tell you what time you will be leaving (and you will see whether it is just you or whether there are others going with you). They take everything into account.

My own experience on cycling tours is that they frequently got us to the airport way before we could check in; if your flight from Barcelona is within the Schengen zone there is no point getting there too early; you can't do anything at that hour.