When to call the upsell dept. ?

dna529

Hi everyone. We are booked on the Epic next month with 2 inside rooms (4 people). It looks like there are at least 15 balconies left and mini suites aren't showing anything but guarantee rates. When should I call or are they even taking calls anymore? Next week we will be 30 days out. Is there any way to tell how many balconies are left? The guarantee rate for insides is cheaper than what we paid, but I don't want to lose my ubp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone. We are booked on the Epic next month with 2 inside rooms (4 people). It looks like there are at least 15 balconies left and mini suites aren't showing anything but guarantee rates. When should I call or are they even taking calls anymore? Next week we will be 30 days out. Is there any way to tell how many balconies are left? The guarantee rate for insides is cheaper than what we paid, but I don't want to lose my ubp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

30 days is usually too far to call. Try 2 weeks before sailing.

Call them and ask them to send you the upgrade email and then bid on what you want....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Epic does not participate in the bidding for upgrades process - it still utilizes the Upsell Dpt.

OP, I suggest calling 3 weeks out to gauge price and availability. If you're comfortable then book, or wait another week and hope the price has lowered.

Re: upsell. Never done it. Who do you call? How do you bid? We are sailing 12/04 on Dawn. Inside cabin deck 9 forward. How much do is customary to bid on obstructed OV, or balcony? Appreciate advice.

Any info on my question would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: upsell. Never done it. Who do you call? How do you bid? We are sailing 12/04 on Dawn. Inside cabin deck 9 forward. How much do is customary to bid on obstructed OV, or balcony? Appreciate advice.

1 800 625 4309 NCL upgrade dept.

The bidding program is only on two ships right now Escape & Breakaway???

Any info on my question would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could try searching the forum, there are many threads about both the upsell department as well as the new bidding process.

While there are a lot of threads on this topic, the actual $$ quoted are few and far between. I wish there was a thread similar to the cabin info thread where people posted something like this:

[ship][From Cabin Category][To Cabin Category][Days Before Cruise][$$]

I'm looking for an upsell from an obstructed OV to a Balcony. Do I call three weeks out or three days out? Will I possibly get a better offer three days out? What sort of offers should I expect - $100, $500? I know that there are always going to be factors unique to any specific cruise that influence price, but at least having a starting point of reference would be helpful.

While there are a lot of threads on this topic, the actual $$ quoted are few and far between. I wish there was a thread similar to the cabin info thread where people posted something like this:

[ship][From Cabin Category][To Cabin Category][Days Before Cruise][$$]

I'm looking for an upsell from an obstructed OV to a Balcony. Do I call three weeks out or three days out? Will I possibly get a better offer three days out? What sort of offers should I expect - $100, $500? I know that there are always going to be factors unique to any specific cruise that influence price, but at least having a starting point of reference would be helpful.

Someone did start a thread like that but I haven't seen it recently nor was much posted on it at the time.