Disney after Majesty

Sailing on Majesty on 11/28 to 12/2, our flight home doesn't leave until 10PM so have a day to kill after debarkation. We were thinking of going to a Disney park for the day. We don't have a credit card so from what I read renting a card would be a pain. Has anyone gone to Disney via an Uber or taxi or other transport? What worked for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have to get back to Orlando international anyway.

The Disney parks are 30 minutes from the airport. You would need transport from Port Canaveral to Disney which is about 90 minutes that will be very expensive no matter what kind of transport you hire. You then have to get back to the airport too. You also then have the cost to get into one of the parks and admission isn't cheap either. To go to Disney would be a very, very expensive day for you.

Not worth it for the short time you would have and the amount of $$$ you would have to spend. Without a credit card you would have to have the entire amount for the car available on your debit card (I hope you have one).

As someone that works in finance, get a credit card. You don't have to use it but it is good to have.

The Disney parks are 30 minutes from the airport. You would need transport from Port Canaveral to Disney which is about 90 minutes that will be very expensive no matter what kind of transport you hire. You then have to get back to the airport too. You also then have the cost to get into one of the parks and admission isn't cheap either. To go to Disney would be a very, very expensive day for you.

And what are you going to do with your luggage, KeiferDeifer? Only a rental car would allow you to even consider this plan to visit a theme park.

You could research different types of shuttle service. We like Michael at VIP limo. Its not cheap, but we have a Town car booked to take us from MCO to a Coco Beach hotel and then from Port Canaveral to WDW after the cruise.

One day passes for WDW and Universal are really expensive. They go down in price a lot with multiple days.

We are going for one day on debarkation and then flying home the next day. I justified the expense because it would have cost us $800 dollars more to fly home on debarkation and so I will be spending about that much for one day/night at WDW.

I agree the cost for a one day park ticket is pretty steep. Not only will you be rushing to see as much as possible you will feel bummed because you likely wont get to do everything you want:(. May I suggest if you get transportation figured out spending the day at Disney Springs. Its such a nice area to walk around, shopping, restaurants and some activities for everyone. The weather during that time should be prefect too!:)

The cost vs. amount of time in the park would be prohibitive. I have waited in line for upwards of an hour, just to buy a ticket to get into the park... then there are the long waits for rides... then leaving early enough to get back to the airport...

That said, I spent 2 hours (each way) on a shore excursion bus to be able to spend 5 hours in Paris. I didn't know when I'd get back to Paris, so I felt it was worth it. I also spent over 2 hours (each way) on an excursion bus to spend 3 hours in Chichen Itza, another bucket list location for me. I guess I'm saying, if you won't be back this way for a while... it might be worth it just to see the Mouse House.

..not much help actually... was I??? :o:rolleyes:

Edited by artypharty

We are going on the Oasis in February and are staying at a Disney Resort for 2 nights on the return. The savings in airfare for a Tuesday flight and a Sunday/Monday flight is almost a wash for 2 nights at the resort on a weekday. It does help that our daughter is a Cast Member.

You could do it, but it would be an expensive day. I would book the rental car with Alamo from the MCO airport, take a shuttle back to the airport from the port, and buy the park tickets ahead of time, do a little research and see what you want to do at Disney and hit those.

If you buy your tickets ahead of time, you might be able to get the fast pass reserved for the rides you want to do that are popular.

Leave an hour and a half before your domestic flight to be at the airport and return the car. It may cost you more since you are only doing a one day car rental.

You could do it, but it would be an expensive day. I would book the rental car with Alamo from the MCO airport, take a shuttle back to the airport from the port, and buy the park tickets ahead of time, do a little research and see what you want to do at Disney and hit those.

If you buy your tickets ahead of time, you might be able to get the fast pass reserved for the rides you want to do that are popular.

Leave an hour and a half before your domestic flight to be at the airport and return the car. It may cost you more since you are only doing a one day car rental.

They need to be at the airport at least an hour and a half before their domestic flight, to get through security and take the tram to the terminal. If they leave Disney an hour and a half before, they will never make their flight.

They need to be at the airport at least an hour and a half before their domestic flight, to get through security and take the tram to the terminal. If they leave Disney an hour and a half before, they will never make their flight.

That is what I meant, but I can't change it now.

I carry no debt and don't plan on starting anytime soon...if I don't have the cash for something I don't spend it.

I carry no debt either, and only buy things I can afford, but still have a number of credit cards.

Sailing on Majesty on 11/28 to 12/2, our flight home doesn't leave until 10PM so have a day to kill after debarkation. We were thinking of going to a Disney park for the day. We don't have a credit card so from what I read renting a card would be a pain. Has anyone gone to Disney via an Uber or taxi or other transport? What worked for you?

They do have lockers at all 4 Disney parks. The large lockers are 22"x12"x17". Not sure how big your luggage is, but this is an option. Also ,you can look into Cortrans.com for transportation to Disney. It's $20 per person and they take cash when they pick you up. I just booked them for our trip in April

I carry no debt and don't plan on starting anytime soon...if I don't have the cash for something I don't spend it.

Just food for thought - it can be helpful to have one credit card for situations such as this. You can actually pay the balance as soon as you incur the charge so you don't have a balance, but there are plenty of times having a card comes in quite handy. Definitely not trying to tell you how to run your finances, just passing along helpful information that has been shared with me. :)

Whatever you do, have a good time!

The cost vs. amount of time in the park would be prohibitive. I have waited in line for upwards of an hour, just to buy a ticket to get into the park... then there are the long waits for rides... then leaving early enough to get back to the airport...

If you buy your park ticket ahead of time, you can pre-book three fast passes which would at least give you guaranteed rides on three of the popular / busy ones...

There are business that provide queue order optimisation, google keywords "queue order optimization disneyland" i.e. businesses that can tell you what order to do the rides in to minimise your waiting time. You say what rides you want to do, how many times, what date, arrival time and departure time and the tool works out the best order.

We've used these tools for upwards of forty days at the parks (it would be more days but the commitment to visit from New Zealand isn't small).

If you're going for just one day and don't want to waste time queueing when you don't need to then go have a look. The tool is cheap but... wait for it.... you'll need a credit card to pay...

Edited by MrYellowDuck