New Show on Glory and Vista

Towel Critter

I, among many, have been critical of the shows on Carnival ships since the change to "Playlist." In an effort at fairness, I must now give Carnival some credit in that area. My wife and I sailed on the Glory last week and attended a new show called "Cubano Amor," a tribute to Latin music, which, per the cruise director, is currently playing on the Glory and the Vista only. This new show featured a LIVE five piece Latin band, and was very enjoyable. Though the background vocals remained canned (which is probably a good thing for those of us with decent musical ears), the music was very much live and of high quality. The show received very enthusiastic applause and cheers, more enthusiastic than I have seen/heard in my last few cruises. I do hope this is the direction future shows on Carnival will take. Again, kudos to Carnival for genuinely entertaining me with "Cubano Amor." Bravo!

If you have an upcoming cruise on either ship, the Glory or Vista, I recommend you attend this show. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the heads up on the Music. I read another review which stated the show was an insult to Cubans. So I guess I'll have to experience it myself, will be on the Vista Nov 16.

I also read about a bank of elevators only going to some decks and not being clearly marked??? Some reviews complained on long waits for elevators as a result of them stopping on every deck. Your impression? Were these the forward elevator banks most use when embarking? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up on the Music. I read another review which stated the show was an insult to Cubans. So I guess I'll have to experience it myself, will be on the Vista Nov 16.

I also read about a bank of elevators only going to some decks and not being clearly marked??? Some reviews complained on long waits for elevators as a result of them stopping on every deck. Your impression? Were these the forward elevator banks most use when embarking? Thanks.

The Vista shows were excellent. Among the best we have seen.

Sent from my iPhone

We never had any issues with the elevators. We did not use them during "rush hour" times, but perhaps that is what the review was referring to. Beats me. Did the reviewer say how they thought the show was insulting to Cubans? Because it was non-Cubans performing the show perhaps? Everybody is offended by something these days I guess. I wonder if Paul McCartney was offended by the Beatles show?

Just figured out you were referring to the Vista in regard to elevator issues. We were on the Glory.

Edited by Towel Critter

The Vista shows were excellent. Among the best we have seen.

Sent from my iPhone

Did you see "Cubano Amor," and if so, did you see or hear anything you thought might be offensive to Cubans? I'm referencing Evanbob's report that someone in a review DID think it was insulting to Cubans. I didn't see anything, or hear anything, but then I'm not Cuban. Perhaps there was and I am not in tune with Cuban culture enough to discern it. Just curious.

I was mostly just glad to see a show with live music again.

Edited by Towel Critter

Just a slight correction...it's Amor Cubano. I was on 3 legs of the Vista, and saw it numerous times. I thought it was excellent, and highly entertaining. There are songs included that are not Cuban songs, so maybe some people thought that was offensive. I go to be entertained, not critique every little thing, and I was definitely entertained. In fact, up and dancing entertained...LOL

Did you see "Cubano Amor," and if so, did you see or hear anything you thought might be offensive to Cubans? I'm referencing Evanbob's report that someone in a review DID think it was insulting to Cubans. I didn't see anything, or hear anything, but then I'm not Cuban. Perhaps there was and I am not in tune with Cuban culture enough to discern it. Just curious.

I was mostly just glad to see a show with live music again.

We did see it, to be honest it did not occur every to me that it might be offensive. To be honest, of the three main shows I liked the other two more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only elevator that was crowded was the aft one at dinner time.

Just a slight correction...it's Amor Cubano. I was on 3 legs of the Vista, and saw it numerous times. I thought it was excellent, and highly entertaining. There are songs included that are not Cuban songs, so maybe some people thought that was offensive. I go to be entertained, not critique every little thing, and I was definitely entertained. In fact, up and dancing entertained...LOL
Thank you for the correction on the title. It's been a week now since the cruise and I got it reversed. :)

We did see it, to be honest it did not occur every to me that it might be offensive. To be honest, of the three main shows I liked the other two more.

We all have varying musical tastes, which I suppose accounts for our different show preferences. I'm curious what the other two shows you liked more were, if they might be shows I also saw on the Glory. I enjoyed all the shows I saw, which were three in total, I believe. One of the three was "Epic Rock." The other, the exact name of which I can't recall, was a Motown tribute. I had seen both previously and enjoyed them each time.

We all have varying musical tastes, which I suppose accounts for our different show preferences. I'm curious what the other two shows you liked more were, if they might be shows I also saw on the Glory. I enjoyed all the shows I saw, which were three in total, I believe. One of the three was "Epic Rock." The other, the exact name of which I can't recall, was a Motown tribute. I had seen both previously and enjoyed them each time.

True. One was America Rocks and the other name escapes me but had a lot of out in the audience involved.

Sent from my iPhone

True. One was America Rocks and the other name escapes me but had a lot of out in the audience involved.

Sent from my iPhone

If I've seen "America Rocks" I've forgotten. The title doesn't ring a bell though. "Epic Rock" makes use of a lot of off stage, among the audience, stuff. Perhaps that is what you saw. Did they do "Bohemian Rhapsody?" If so, then "Epic Rock" is likely the show.

The other show on the Vista is called Flick. I thought it was outstanding. This one was my favorite, but I also love the style of dance performed by the main character. Other may not.

America Rocks is on the Vista, which is a bit different from Epic Rocks as far as songs go.

Edited by crzndeb

The other show on the Vista is called Flick. I thought it was outstanding. This one was my favorite, but I also love the style of dance performed by the main character. Other may not.

America Rocks is on the Vista, which is a bit different from Epic Rocks as far as songs go.

Thanks, yes and I agree

Amor Cubano is excellent. It included old Cuban songs (my Dad was singing right along) as well as modern tunes.

There were some popular songs from Marc Anthony (clearly not Cuban) included but I believe that was mostly for the audience to recognize and clap along. The vocals were great, we truly enjoyed this show on the Vista.

If I've seen "America Rocks" I've forgotten. The title doesn't ring a bell though. "Epic Rock" makes use of a lot of off stage, among the audience, stuff. Perhaps that is what you saw. Did they do "Bohemian Rhapsody?" If so, then "Epic Rock" is likely the show.

Bohemian Rhapsody is part of Epic Rock. Not a fan of playlist but Epic Rock is an excellent show

Bohemian Rhapsody is part of Epic Rock. Not a fan of playlist but Epic Rock is an excellent show
I'm not a fan of playlist either, thus my appreciation for "Amor Cubano." I too am a fan of "Epic Rock," largely because of the live guitar at the beginning of the show. The guitarist filling that role on the Glory was exceptional. We also enjoyed him as a part of the band playing in the main lobby, "The Rockin' Dead." They had two lead singers, the other being female. She was exceptional. Music in general on the Glory was as good as I've heard on a Carnival ship.

I, among many, have been critical of the shows on Carnival ships since the change to "Playlist." In an effort at fairness, I must now give Carnival some credit in that area. My wife and I sailed on the Glory last week and attended a new show called "Cubano Amor," a tribute to Latin music, which, per the cruise director, is currently playing on the Glory and the Vista only. This new show featured a LIVE five piece Latin band, and was very enjoyable. Though the background vocals remained canned (which is probably a good thing for those of us with decent musical ears), the music was very much live and of high quality. The show received very enthusiastic applause and cheers, more enthusiastic than I have seen/heard in my last few cruises. I do hope this is the direction future shows on Carnival will take. Again, kudos to Carnival for genuinely entertaining me with "Cubano Amor." Bravo!

If you have an upcoming cruise on either ship, the Glory or Vista, I recommend you attend this show. You won't be disappointed.

Yes!!! Amor Cubano! We saw it on both the Vista last May and on the Glory last Month we really enjoyed both.

Who said that? My DH is Cuban and he love it!!!

Yes!! Flick I love that one too excellent!!

The Vista is a beautiful ship.

It is nice to know that Carnival finally is getting new shows. We travel Carnival frequently and are sick of seeing the same she was in different ships. In my opinion, none of the ships should have the same shows. I do enjoy Marcus Allen, however, would love to see him perform a longer show. He is really good.