St.thomas docking

villager70

There are some shops to check out. The ferry over to Water Island is also located at Crown Bay. And there is a yacht club next to the port. Other than that there is not much.

We noticed the water taxi ferry station in town also, and in fact took refuge there

when a storm came in. Wonder if that is the ferry for town, or did we actually walk

all the way to Crown Bay from Havensight??!! :eek: We do tend to wander...;)

Yeah, I just Google earth mapped it. We DID walk all the way to the water taxi

from Havensight. Did not even realize that Crown Bay dock was on the other side! :eek:

Though no ships in port at CB on that day or we would have seen one.

Guess we DO wander a bit. :D

Edited by island lady

We noticed the water taxi ferry station in town also, and in fact took refuge there

when a storm came in. Wonder if that is the ferry for town, or did we actually walk

all the way to Crown Bay from Havensight??!! :eek: We do tend to wander...;)

Yeah, I just Google earth mapped it. We DID walk all the way to the water taxi

from Havensight. Did not even realize that Crown Bay dock was on the other side! :eek:

Though no ships in port at CB on that day or we would have seen one.

Guess we DO wander a bit. :D

It is a long walk from Crown Bay to Havensight. I did it once and I think it took about 1.5 hours one way. I will not do it again!:eek::D

It is a long walk from Crown Bay to Havensight. I did it once and I think it took about 1.5 hours one way. I will not do it again!:eek::D

Agree...it was a very...very...long walk. I was glad we were wearing our walking

shoes..and not our flip flops! :eek: Indeed took up most of the day with stops

along the way.

There are some shops to check out. The ferry over to Water Island is also located at Crown Bay. And there is a yacht club next to the port. Other than that there is not much.

We'll be docking at Crown Bay in March. Is there anything to see if you take the ferry to Water Island? And can you just walk up and buy a ticket for that?

Thanks.

So far we have always walked from Crown Bay to downtown. It is a bit longer than the walk from Havensight and not as nice as there is not much of a water view. But it is doable and there are sidewalks for the entire walk.

Thanks for the update. Glad there are sidewalks. We are looking forward to docking at Crown Bay. All of our St. Thomas Cruises we've docked at Havensight. Havensight is ok for a port area but we really like being in Charlotte Amalie. I walk every morning on the ship (while still heading to our next port) for 1.5 hours. I start at 5:00 AM and I'm done by 6:30 AM before the walking track gets busy. At home I walk 7 miles every morning and my wife walks 4 miles every morning. So walking in to Charlotte Amalie from Crown Bay won't be a challenge for us if we decide to walk one way or RT.

Edited by davekathy

We'll be docking at Crown Bay in March. Is there anything to see if you take the ferry to Water Island? And can you just walk up and buy a ticket for that?

Thanks.

You just walk up to the ferry and buy a ticket. Fire Island is undeveloped. There are some beaches to go to but I am unsure about any facilities or food. I have never gone out there myself so I can't give you any first hand experiences.

Here is some in for on Water Island.....

http://www.**********/waterisland/

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thanks.

Apparently, CC won't let me post the website. Just google "water island". The "vinow" website is very helpful.