BOGO and Breakfast??

DougMacP

Last year Princess was doing a couple Happy Hour promotions per day...specifically Buy One Get One (hence BOGO) are they still doing that fleet wide?

Also, last year full suite passengers could have breakfast at Sabatini's, I don't see that currently listed as a perk. Gone?

The BOGO Happy Hour is buy-one-get-one-for-$1 and is still twice daily fleetwide.

If you refer to the Suite Overview PDF:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

...the third item under food & dining is Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast. So not gone at all--though likely will convert to breakfast in the Club Class Dining section as that program rolls out

Edited by fishywood

Thanks!! BOGO is the reason I don't buy the beverage package, you can have 4 drinks for something like $20....Take the last one or two (if you order them without ice) back to your room for later. Plus I don't like to feel I "have" to drink everyday because I bought a package.

Hope it is still in Sabatini's or Share...Honestly that was my favorite of the full suite perks.

Edited by DougMacP

The BOGO Happy Hour is buy-one-get-one-for-$1 and is still twice daily fleetwide.

If you refer to the Suite Overview PDF:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

...the third item under food & dining is Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast. So not gone at all--though likely will convert to breakfast in the Club Class Dining section as that program rolls out

Club Class is only open for breakfast on sea days. I would say that Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast will remain and the few of any full suite passengers will do Club Class breakfast on sea days. You can get essentially any breakfast item you want and it is cooked to order in Sabatini's or I believe the Crown Grill on ships with SHARE. Throw in specialty coffee drinks and mimosas or champagne and four dedicated waitstaff, what else could a Club Class breakfast have to offer???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy hour is Bogo for $1 and has become very popular. Our last cruise it was 3 to 4 in crooner, you had to get there at least 45 early for a seat and once it started it was so crowded it was difficult to get one set of drinks let alone two. After the first couple of days of our 10 day trip we gave up since it was too much of a hassle.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Happy hour is Bogo for $1 and has become very popular. Our last cruise it was 3 to 4 in crooner, you had to get there at least 45 early for a seat and once it started it was so crowded it was difficult to get one set of drinks let alone two. After the first couple of days of our 10 day trip we gave up since it was too much of a hassle.

My friends stopped going for the same reason.

Tony

Photo of Happy Hour on a Princess ship

890413%20030%2004.13.15%202-for-1%20hour%20at%20Wheelhouse%20Bar%20deck%207%20DSC06259_zpsd8779yba.jpg

I'm glad I'm getting the AIBP:D

Crooners had two bartenders, and maybe three waitstaff for over 250 cruisers, most who seemed to be aggravated/angered by the lack of service they were receiving. The grumbling and nasty comments we heard directed towards them was one of the main reasons we stopped attending the BOGO. We cruise to relax and appreciate all the staff and the service they provide. We would much rather purchase the drink package (which also includes water, soda and coffee) or purchase a drink by the pool then worry about rushing to a happy hour that is anything but happy.

Edited by 2cruizinfools

BOGO works OK for us but we don't really go often enough since 3 in the afternoon is really not a great time for cocktails especially on port days. I've encountered crowds but never angry crowds and we almost always meet people and have enjoyable chats. The waiters work very hard during this period and I would think an extra tip is well-deserved. It's a shame some have had bad experiences but perhaps some expectations are set higher than others.