Any rumours for Summer 2018?

Presto2

Hi,

I apologise that I posted a while back asking when the itineraries for Summer 2018 were being made available, but I'm guessing that it is pretty soon now.

We have sailed with Celebrity 3 times in the past on the Silhouette in the Med. but over recent years have been tempted away by P&O re itineraries and price. We're already looking ahead to 2018, however, and are toying with the idea of returning to Celebrity for a change - if the price and itinerary is right for us. We know that there have been a number of changes since we last sailed on Celebrity, but we'll still give it a go, knowing what to expect :-)

Have just read that Celebrity is going to place a ship in Dublin and are wondering if any of you 'cruise detectives' out there know of any more rumours about itineraries / ships for Summer 2018.

Many thanks :D

PS Just noticed that in August 2018 the Reflection is visiting Gibraltar every 3 weeks - so she's in the Med.

Edited by Presto2

Another interesting one is Infinity which is showing up in the south of France every couple of weeks during the summer of 2018!! I think she is coming back to the UK but thats a wild guess. Infinity did a summer season out of Harwich about 3 or 4 years ago!

Stuart

Another interesting one is Infinity which is showing up in the south of France every couple of weeks during the summer of 2018!! I think she is coming back to the UK but thats a wild guess. Infinity did a summer season out of Harwich about 3 or 4 years ago!

Stuart

She did all those wine cruises didn't she? Looks like we could see some interesting itineraries.

She did all those wine cruises didn't she? Looks like we could see some interesting itineraries.

Sounds very different. I think I am right in saying that seeing Reflection in Gibraltar is very different as she has been in the Western Med normally hasn't she?

At first, does anyone have information when the deployment schedule is due to come out?

Celebrity just stated recently that one Solstice-Class-ship is going to be based in Dublin in May/June 2018 - according to the port schedules of Iceland, it could well be X Eclipse.

After that I could well imagine her to sail from Amsterdam to fit in for Silhouette.

Silhouette however seems to be the ship for Southampton - her port listings appear to be the same pattern as of Eclipse in 2015/16 (Bergen, Gibraltar), and in late Aug 2018 she seems to offer a cruise up to Iceland.

Reflection, Constellation and Infinity are listed at various Med ports throughout the summer season (Villefranche/Cannes, Gibraltar, etc.), I could assume the following:

-Reflection back to Rome for 10/11 night sailings

-Constellation various Med cruises from different ports, similar to 2016/17

-Infinity to sail the 7 night runs offered by Equinox in 2014-16

At first, does anyone have information when the deployment schedule is due to come out?

Celebrity just stated recently that one Solstice-Class-ship is going to be based in Dublin in May/June 2018 - according to the port schedules of Iceland, it could well be X Eclipse.

After that I could well imagine her to sail from Amsterdam to fit in for Silhouette.

Silhouette however seems to be the ship for Southampton - her port listings appear to be the same pattern as of Eclipse in 2015/16 (Bergen, Gibraltar), and in late Aug 2018 she seems to offer a cruise up to Iceland.

Reflection, Constellation and Infinity are listed at various Med ports throughout the summer season (Villefranche/Cannes, Gibraltar, etc.), I could assume the following:

-Reflection back to Rome for 10/11 night sailings

-Constellation various Med cruises from different ports, similar to 2016/17

-Infinity to sail the 7 night runs offered by Equinox in 2014-16

If Silhouette is from Southampton then what would she be doing as a cruise. Trying not to get excited as she is OUR ship. Loved, loved, loved her :D

What did Eclipse do 2015 / 2016 ????

Edited by Presto2

Sorry, what does 'doing Gibraltar' mean - what sort of cruise? Thanks

Tuesday, June 20 La Spezia, Italy 7:00am 7:00pm

Wednesday, June 21 Nice (Villefranche), France 7:00am 5:00pm

Thursday, June 22 Barcelona, Spain 9:00am

Friday, June 23 Barcelona, Spain 5:00pm

Saturday, June 24 At Sea

Sunday, June 25 Gibraltar, UK Territory 7:00am 5:00pm

Monday, June 26 Malaga, Spain 7:00am 7:00pm

Tuesday, June 27 Cartagena, Spain 8:00am 5:00pm

Wednesday, June 28 Ibiza, Spain 7:00am 7:00pm

Thursday, June 29 At Sea

Friday, June 30 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00am

Tuesday, June 20 La Spezia, Italy 7:00am 7:00pm

Wednesday, June 21 Nice (Villefranche), France 7:00am 5:00pm

Thursday, June 22 Barcelona, Spain 9:00am

Friday, June 23 Barcelona, Spain 5:00pm

Saturday, June 24 At Sea

Sunday, June 25 Gibraltar, UK Territory 7:00am 5:00pm

Monday, June 26 Malaga, Spain 7:00am 7:00pm

Tuesday, June 27 Cartagena, Spain 8:00am 5:00pm

Wednesday, June 28 Ibiza, Spain 7:00am 7:00pm

Thursday, June 29 At Sea

Friday, June 30 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 5:00am

If Silhouette is from Southampton then what would she be doing as a cruise. Trying not to get excited as she is OUR ship. Loved, loved, loved her :D

What did Eclipse do 2015 / 2016 ????

Have a look @Eclipse summer sailing in 2017 out of Southampton, same she has done all summers long since 2010. That should be offered as well in 2018, by Silhouette - Baltics, Norwegian Fjords (up to ICeland), maybe British Isles, Canary Islands and Med.

Have noticed that Silhouette is in Gibraltar 5th Sept 2018 so it does look like she is doing the Eclipse itineraries. I just wish she'd go somewhere warm in the school holidays though as we'd love to sail on her again. Just love that ship and have many happy memories of our 3 cruises on her.

It will be interesting to see what she does in August then as Eclipse has tended to go North then and not somewhere 'hot' .... if you get my drift.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I am just sure that Eclipse and Silhouette get to be swapped: Silhouette from Southampton, Eclipse from Dublin and Amsterdam. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am just sure that Eclipse and Silhouette get to be swapped: Silhouette from Southampton, Eclipse from Dublin and Amsterdam. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah but do we get a kettle on the Silhouette ;-) A must for any ship from Southampton :D

Stuart

Do you know which "south of France" port? Toulon? We did the Wine cruise in Sept. 2013. It was first offered in 2012 and I think 2013 might have been the last year. Loved that cruise with France, Spain, and Portugal and would love to see it repeated again.

Do you know which "south of France" port? Toulon? We did the Wine cruise in Sept. 2013. It was first offered in 2012 and I think 2013 might have been the last year. Loved that cruise with France, Spain, and Portugal and would love to see it repeated again.

Sure - Infinity is down to visit Cannes which should be interesting

Sure - Infinity is down to visit Cannes which should be interesting

Have a look at riviera-ports.com it covers 4 ports in the south of france and shows visits by eclipse, reflection, silhouette infinity and constellation

also some of the visits are very late in the season so looks like any transatlantic are going to be into November

Hi,

I apologise that I posted a while back asking when the itineraries for Summer 2018 were being made available, but I'm guessing that it is pretty soon now.

We have sailed with Celebrity 3 times in the past on the Silhouette in the Med. but over recent years have been tempted away by P&O re itineraries and price. We're already looking ahead to 2018, however, and are toying with the idea of returning to Celebrity for a change - if the price and itinerary is right for us. We know that there have been a number of changes since we last sailed on Celebrity, but we'll still give it a go, knowing what to expect :-)

Have just read that Celebrity is going to place a ship in Dublin and are wondering if any of you 'cruise detectives' out there know of any more rumours about itineraries / ships for Summer 2018.

Many thanks :D

PS Just noticed that in August 2018 the Reflection is visiting Gibraltar every 3 weeks - so she's in the Med.

You can start one or three.