colour theme in NCL ships - NO RED

bluesea777

We were told that the CEO of NCL doesn't want colour red in any of the NCL ships!

Jade presently has a LOT of red décor ... this will disappear for sure during the March 2017 dry dock.

One morning last week I was up early (we had 4 consecutive 25 hour days!) I went all over the ship taking pictures - pre-dry dock - so will keep them until someone else submits the post-dry dock pics and I'll insert the before ones.

I can totally appreciate this, I don't have anything red in my house other than a few red shirts in my closet. One of my daughters gave me a red candle for a gift and I kept moving it around further and further back in the house. After it ended up in hall by the garage door, I finally just handed it over to my other daughter.

She LOVES red!

Cappuccino colors.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Corporate Cappucino

Mundane Mushroom

Institutional Ivory

Boring Beige

Tired Tan

I personally found the Epic, which had lots of warm rich colors (including red), a much more inviting ship than the Escape which was almost clinical in it's color palette.

We were told that the CEO of NCL doesn't want colour red in any of the NCL ships!

Jade presently has a LOT of red décor ... this will disappear for sure during the March 2017 dry dock.

One morning last week I was up early (we had 4 consecutive 25 hour days!) I went all over the ship taking pictures - pre-dry dock - so will keep them until someone else submits the post-dry dock pics and I'll insert the before ones.

Sorry but I have a hard time believing that Mr Stuart (CEO of Norwegian) would make such statement publically.

The is red on every ship I have sailed which is over half of the fleet.

Now, will The Jade lose a little of Her Hawaiian flavor- that "might be" possible.

Sorry but I have a hard time believing that Mr Stuart (CEO of Norwegian) would make such statement publically.

Now, will The Jade lose a little of Her Hawaiian flavor- that "might be" possible.

I'm sure the OP was referring to Mr Del Rio. I don't know if he made this statement about red, but I have read before that he was pretty involved in the design and decor planning so that the end result wold fit his "vision".

Personally, I'm glad they don't resemble a Carnival ship, (do they still look like a circus?) but sometimes they could use just a touch more color and be geared a little more toward comfort and less on a stark modern look. Maybe someday someone will come up with a cabin couch that's actually possible to sit comfortably on.

Does this mean that the hull art on the many NCL ships with distinctive red elements will be re-done?

Not little, but pretty much all .... :eek::eek:

We mentioned to the person we were chatting with that we were on post-dry dock Pride of America which had lost most of the Hawaiian theme and it was nice to be back on the Jade (which used to be Pride of Hawaii) to see the Hawaiian décor one more time before it's all lost.

I'm sure the OP was referring to Mr Del Rio. I don't know if he made this statement about red, but I have read before that he was pretty involved in the design and decor planning so that the end result wold fit his "vision".

Personally, I'm glad they don't resemble a Carnival ship, (do they still look like a circus?) but sometimes they could use just a touch more color and be geared a little more toward comfort and less on a stark modern look. Maybe someday someone will come up with a cabin couch that's actually possible to sit comfortably on.

Dunno, we were told, the new CEO. The person did not say the name.

Corporate Cappucino

Mundane Mushroom

Institutional Ivory

Boring Beige

Tired Tan

I personally found the Epic, which had lots of warm rich colors (including red), a much more inviting ship than the Escape which was almost clinical in it's color palette.

LOL. I agree.

We found our mini-suite on Escape a bit dark - maroon couch and darker carpet - ugh. I prefer lighter and brighter colours like the BA cabin colours.

Does anyone know when, where and for how long The Jade is scheduled to be in dry dock. If it is a two week dry dock, there will not be time for a lot of changes.

I think they can do loads in 2 weeks. They'll have hundreds of men working 24hrs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If that's the mandate then the Epic will have to have over 50% of her decor redone as there is red, or red tones in most of the public venues!

That's true, the carpet on deck 6 was being replaced last week in bits, and it's all very red.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Corporate Cappucino

Mundane Mushroom

Institutional Ivory

Boring Beige

Tired Tan

I'm with you. From the few photos I've seen so far of Dawn's pool deck lots of the typical blue was replaced with white and some brown accents. That reads a little too sterile to me. I liked Epic post refurbishment a lot, and I liked Star, too. Both had some rich tones.

Funny I was on the POA in May and I thought the beige and browns and some blues on the decks were very blah and not very inviting, more like a Hotel poolside, no frills in my opinion. This is a cruise where most people spend very little time on the ship, maybe that is the reason. A little color is nice.

I'm with you. From the few photos I've seen so far of Dawn's pool deck lots of the typical blue was replaced with white and some brown accents. That reads a little too sterile to me. I liked Epic post refurbishment a lot, and I liked Star, too. Both had some rich tones.

On the Jade now waiting for sail away. We have only been on the Escape and GA previously, so to us the Jade is pretty hideous in comparison. The newer ships are more spa-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeppers, not so 8 years ago, but definitely loud and outdated now! I'm going to miss the glass hibiscus ceiling centerpiece in the atrium.

Edited by bluesea777