Must DW and DH Choose Same Perk

Tedferg

First X cruise, Mar 2017 Reflection.

Looking at X on line booking it would seem that people in the same cabin must choose the same Perk option - e.g. Go Big; Go Better; Go Best.

DW would be happy with Go Better - Classic Bev - Mojito before dinner, glass of white wine with dinner. I would prefer Craft beers, Top Shelf nightcap and also Wi Fi - so I would like Go Best.

I don't see a way to choose different perks. Even if both choose Go Better, they have to choose the same two Perks.

Yes. Both have to choose same perks. If you PURCHASE the drinks package (not as a perk), it doesn't have to be both. However, you can upgrade to premium alone and DW can stay with classic.

You cannot do go best and she go better-- same cabin=same promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by denatravels

Yes. Both have to choose same perks. If you PURCHASE the drinks package (not as a perk), it doesn't have to be both. However, you can upgrade to premium alone and DW can stay with classic.

You cannot do go best and she go better-- same cabin=same promo.

Thanks that makes sense. Looking for Bar Menus - first thought is that Classic is too limited. We will both probably upgrade to Premium.

Thanks that makes sense. Looking for Bar Menus - first thought is that Classic is too limited. We will both probably upgrade to Premium.

Honestly, I felt that way pre-cruise, although I was most concerned about the alcoholic coffees, which turned out to be included in classic. I also felt that the sommelier was able to recommend a drinkable wine with dinner. I ended up sticking with classic; however, I want to be able to enjoy Alaskan beers next summer, so will upgrade day 1!!

Just to be clear. You both have to pick the same perks, only one of you needs to upgrade to the premium package. You could both pick Better and then you can upgrade to premium.

The perks are assigned to the cabin, not the individual passengers. Which is why if you have an adult and a child in the room, if you choose the beverage package as the perk, the adult gets the alcohol package and child gets non-alcohol package. You can't pick and choose for the adult to get beverage package and the child to get OBC or something. So yes, the first two passengers in the cabin will get the perk that you choose for the cabin. You can upgrade your classic beverage package individually on board however.

Thanks for clarification - I guess there would be too many ways to 'game' the system of they let each choose perks. I was lying in bed last night thinking DW could take the Cal resident rate + OBC and I could take the Go Best. Gave me a headache trying to work out the options :-)

Edited by Tedferg