My fellow CCers!! What is the most important thing to show a new cruiser?

What is the most important thing to show a new cruiser?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important thing to show a new cruiser?

• Formal night in MDR and pics on ship
    • Quest and other unique shows
    • Specialty restaurants
    • Great excursion through RCL or other

Hii! So as I've stated my fiancé has always said no to cruising and now is going to give it a try. I'd like to make sure it's a great trip (would LOVE my wedding on a cruise lol) so I am trying to fit a lot in to just 5 days. I think I may be jamming in too much. Tell me what you think is the most important thing to show him that will highlight the fun of a cruise. I already have a hump balcony cabin so I hope that will sell him lol.

A cruise is supposed to be relaxing while still offering many options to enhance your vacation. Don't try to cram too many activities into your day. Show him that you're having a great time and let him know you appreciate his decision to make you happy. Enjoy the cruise and your fiancé.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

New reluctant cruiser who's going on the cruise to be with you?

None of the above! Maybe a specialty restaurant just to show they exist, but everything else in your poll could easily just reinforce cliche.

My $0.02 and worth every penny you paid for it!

Lay down one of those little red plates from Sorrentos or the Park Cafe and show him quickly it's scooped up by one of the staff! Honestly that's probably one of the most impressive things to me, haha

I agree with another posted though. Emphasize looking at the Cruise Compass so he can decide what to do. I would, however, have all the main shows booked in advance (Comedy, Aquatheatre if applicable, broadway, Headliner) just show that he can see the quality of the shows on board. I think that's what got myself and my fiancee addicted. The reason I say to book them in advance is because having to wait in a line can make the difference for a lot of people. The same goes for your dinner. If you are on the Oasis class, have every meal booked in advance. It's a huge time saver. I walk into my meal every day and pass 20-30 people who are lined up because they didn't pre-book.

Great ideas everyone thank you!! Handing over that highlighter and compass is going to be tough...:eek:.... lol!

Either...

Bring two highlighters and grab a second copy of the compass so you can each mark what you want to do and then compare, or...

Bring one yellow and one blue highlighter, keep the one compass, take turns marking what you want to do, and where the color is green you know you both want to do! Fun!

And just b/c you're there together doesn't mean you have to spend EVERY moment together. We cruised on our honeymoon and still didn't spend every moment together. We have different interests, and recognizing that early in the marriage was good for us.

Hii! So as I've stated my fiancé has always said no to cruising and now is going to give it a try. I'd like to make sure it's a great trip (would LOVE my wedding on a cruise lol) so I am trying to fit a lot in to just 5 days. I think I may be jamming in too much. Tell me what you think is the most important thing to show him that will highlight the fun of a cruise. I already have a hump balcony cabin so I hope that will sell him lol.

We were married on a cruise ship in NYC and it was perfect for us. Gave us a chance to have both those sailing and non-sailing to attend the wedding and reception on the ship before it left port. He will see the wisdom of the idea after his first cruise!

I think it depends on the new cruisers interests. If they are active, like participating in sports... consider trying the flow rider, the zip line, the climbing wall... look into basket ball and check out the gym. (I am a old fart so these are not of interest to me). If they are into food... look into one of the specialty dinner packages and check out Vintages wine bar. If he is adventuresome... investigate the on shore excursions. If they just like to relax... well bring your allotted two bottles of wine on board and sit out on the balcony and look into the spa offerings...If they like entertainment... check out all the shows... but consider going to Quest and the Marriage Game which are always very entertaining. The comedy club fills up quick so get a reservation in early for the club, most other shows you can get in even without a reservation, you may need to wait a bit.

The nice thing about RCL cruises is that there is something for everyone. You might even check out an art auction... just for fun or get a tour of the ship.. There is an all access tour for about $150 that you could send him on... if you think he is interested in the bridge and engineering aspect of the ship... he might enjoy that. Oh and there is a trivia pursuit game that goes on at the Schooner bar if he is into that.... you might even win a key chain!!

Hope this helps

To me, the best part of cruising is the ability to see so many islands and beaches in a short period of time. So researching ports to find the nicest beaches that will either allow you to relax with a beautiful view, or allow you to enjoy water sports (whichever he'll enjoy most) would be a priority. The more you research, the easier and more relaxing all that fun will seem. Then getting on the ship and having a floating hotel to make it easy to get from place to place will sell itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome ideas thank you so much!!! We are both buying alcohol packages so smuggling is moot lol!!

So far I am doing Chops one night (please, give me your opinions, I welcome them!!!) but if Giovannis is better for steaks we can do that instead! I'm insisting upon quest and newlywed show. He is a huge animal lover so we are doing dolphin swim and manatee meet at Cozumel. He's also a big basketball guy so was super excited to hear there are pick up games and a tournament game. We get monthly massages via our massage package at our local place so I feel like the hardsell RCI massage would annoy him! We are dressing for formal night so he will get that ambiance too. Thank you so much! He is curious about what the balcony club is and I told him I had no idea..... :rolleyes:

Do absolutely nothing except, maybe, answer questions when asked or make timely suggestions. It is his "first" cruise and discovery is half the fun. He has opened his mind to cruising so let him enjoy it on his terms. Hopefully he will love the experience and at another to the cruising family. :) Sounds like he has a positive approach already.

A cruise is supposed to be relaxing while still offering many options to enhance your vacation. Don't try to cram too many activities into your day. Show him that you're having a great time and let him know you appreciate his decision to make you happy. Enjoy the cruise and your fiancé.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ditto!