Sky suite question.

FeelingCruisy

The the Aft Corner S1's on the Solstice Class ships all have poles, but they are no bother at all.

When I had my DD in one for the first time, someone at dinner about the 3rd night asked about the pole and she had to go back to the room to prove to herself there even was one.

You can request to eat in Blu and will be accommodated if there is space.

There are no complimentary beverages (except for welcome sparkling wine) provided in the cabin.

Enjoy!

We were in an aft Sky Suite, 2153, on the Silhouette recently, yes there was a pole between the bed and balcony but it wasn't a problem for us, actually we hardly noticed it.

Food in Luminae was excellent and we didn't bother with Blu. As to complimentary beverages and/or water, you will pay if you take anything from your minibar, even if you have a premium drink package but you have access to the suite only Michaels Club where all drinks are covered along with daily high tea each afternoon. Also there is a wall full of coolers with bottled beers, soft drinks, water, etc that are self serve and you can take items from there to your cabin. We always kept several bottles of water to take on excursions. Enjoy the suite experience and your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just sailed in a sky suite on Infinity and there were 3 complimentary bottles of water in the cabin. There was a sign indicating that they were compliments of the hotel director, so maybe this varies depending on the whim of the hotel director.

You may order from the MDR or Blu menus while in Luminae. We never bothered with the Blu menu which I've never found particularly attractive, but many people ordered from the MDR menu each night. Also combo ordering--some from MDR menu and some from Luminae menu. They will bring the MDR menu (and I assume the Blu menu) to your table if you request it.

I remember 2 bottle of free water in the Sky Suite. On our 3 cruises in Sky Suites we have had or will have all 4 perks. You also have access to Michael's Club. You can get all the free bottled water or soda you want their to take back to your Suite.

On my last cruise, we had a RS, so everything was no problem, we even ordered from the specialty restaurants while in Luminae and had no problem. Just wasn't sure about Sky in Dec on Eclipse. I love the musli spread in Blu for breakfast, and also the seafood in broth that they serve at dinner one evening in Blu. Would love to have that again. So yummy.

Edited by FeelingCruisy

Just grab some water in Michael's club every time you pass by.

You can get menu items from the other main dining rooms. But we've never wanted them. Luminae is fabulous (I know food is subjective).

Those poles are a non-issue. Been in those corner aft suites about 6 times and we hardly notice them. Have a great cruise.

There are some nice S1 Sky Suites on Reflection's hump that began their careers as spa suites (now a defunct category). No pole. Convenience to elevators is helpful to us, and they have fancy bathroom shower fixtures. Have already booked the same room again.

IIRC, there are also a couple of S1's with a very small balcony, deck 6 I think.

On my last cruise, we had a RS, so everything was no problem, we even ordered from the specialty restaurants while in Luminae and had no problem. Just wasn't sure about Sky in Dec on Eclipse. I love the musli spread in Blu for breakfast, and also the seafood in broth that they serve at dinner one evening in Blu. Would love to have that again. So yummy.

I went to Blu for breakfast one morning to see if the muesli cart was back. It wasn't. Stuck to breakfast in Luminae after that.

We were in an Aft Sky Suite on the Equinox in September. We were supplied with water continuously. At one point my husband asked for smaller bottles because they would fit in the bottle holder on the spin bikes and from then on our butler brought lots of small bottles to us.

As to the poles, our corner AFT S1 has TWO poles. The one close to the bed was not a problem. But the one close to the bathroom door was bothersome. Not enough that I wouldn't book this suite again, but still in the way.

Here's another question I thought of. When we were in a suite last month, we saw room service menu (premium menu) has a charge to the food and drinks. Are these complimentary for suite class?

I was told that they are complimentary for RS and above only. (Unlimited dining is a benefit in those categories)

We just sailed in an S1 (2151) on Celebrity Equinox and only had one pole in the room. The pole was close to the bed (about 12 - 18 inches from the right side of the bed (if in the bed) towards the foot). Had to be careful at night not to "sling" your foot out until you get use to it. But after a night or two you "adapt".

We had another S1 on our Cabin Crawl (9299) and they had 2 poles if I recall. The poles were fairly well dispersed across the cabin.

Originally, it had me thinking the port side was "1" pole and the starboard side was "2" poles, but after seeing 9299 that messed-up that theory.

Hope this helps.

Regarding drinks / water from the mini bar; I say it also depends on your butler.

On our last cruise we were in a Celebrity Suite. We requested the mini bar be emptied and then we restocked it with Bottled Water and Soft Drinks from Michaels. Our *amazing* butler noticed this and he brought to us what we were drinking for no extra $ and we had a continuous supply of Bottled Water and Ginger Ale for the remainder of the cruise.

It was very thoughtful of him and as we had the Premium Beverage Package (Suite Perk); it made total sense. In lieu of us lugging Water/Pop from other areas of the ship to our fridge; our amazing butler saved us the legwork :)

Heather