O life excursions vs private tours

wombatjoey

But which package is it? Book says the beverage package. Is that the one with wine at lunch and dinner or the full liquor package. anytime, anywhere? I suspect it is the cheaper one. Does anyone know for sure? If it is the cheaper one than it is not such a good deal. Very confusing as I said before

Am I the only one who reads the fine print :eek:

OLife Choice and Olife Ultimate beverage package amenity is House Select.

Are you being facetious ?

:rolleyes:

I try to keep up with all the changes but these latest changes I didnt quite believe they would split the shore ex # like the OBC, and I knew on the Internet deal.... so what was logical to wonder would " liquor package be next??? and become a buy one get one ... I have 5 cruises booked and I guess they changed this very recently

Actualy if they allowed one person to take the liquor package and another to take the shore ex or OBC portion that would be interesting too... and not all bad

I have sailed with ORV and will do so in a few months again....Isnt kidding that he gets a good value out of whatever program or package hoe chooses..sharp cookie

I find that even with the $20 a day surcharge up from the basic that it is chump change compared to the value received. I appreciate good liquors and wines, and with some running $27 a shot I can very quickly amortize my small investment.

Yes, it's the cheaper one with wine and beer lunch and dinner. What book is it you are referring to? I realize it's an Oceania booklet, but with 3 a week or more I'm not sure which one.

As Paul stated it's whether the drink package has a value to you, for me it does but it needs upgrading.

The same O Life offerings just this way have been in every Oceania booklet for the last 3 or 4 months and I am getting 2 or 3 a week. Drink package ha no value for an up charge of 20 dollars or so a day each. We can not drink that much, but I guess some of us can. Fine for them, not for us.

We took OBC and did a couple of ship tours and spent the rest on other stuff. Very impressed with ship tours, actually about 20 people and great guides in Alaska. Think about avoiding the panorama city tours and take the smaller ones that are to out of the way locations to places of historical or nature interest. Or places where getting back to the ship could be tight. You probably won't find huge crowds joining you. Another plus is that when the ship was 4 hours late to a port, all the ship tour times were changed.

Next time we are thinking of taking the excursion option, depending on what exactly is offered. According to our TA we can change our mind up until final payment.

Mary

Next time we are thinking of taking the excursion option, depending on what exactly is offered. According to our TA we can change our mind up until final payment.

Mary

Yes, you can. Just remember that if you choose to take the excursions you have to book them no later than 14 days prior to sailing.