Two cruises booked, must decide this week: Harmony vs. 10 day Adventure

Hello everyone.

We have two cruises booked for spring break:

1. 7-night Harmony OTS (Eastern, been to all ports several time, including land-based trips); and

2. 10-night Adventure OTS (Southern, 7 ports, 5 new to us).

Cabins booked: On Harmony, a D1 balcony. On Adventure, we have one of the aft corner D1's.

I was well-settled on the Adventure for the ports, but then I found out some of the dry dock updates were impacted by Hurricane Matthew. Our party is two parents, and two sons, ages five and seven.

It appears Splashaway Bay (the kid's aqua park) was still implemented on Adventure. Is that accurate?

Any votes for Harmony? We must decide before the end of the month, to avoid being charged for both. Thanks!

Edited by Island_Chica

Adventure.

A ten night Southern itinerary is not common. You can do a standard Eastern Caribbean on Harmony, Oasis, and Allure any week of any year. Aside from the fact you have been to all ports, I'd take ten over seven nights any day.

I absolutely LOVED Harmony last week, but she's not going anywhere. Do Harmony next time.

Thanks! I feel better about this decision. I think we'll stick with Adventure.

I don't know that I'll ever fly to Bonaire or Curacao, and the port days there are looong, as in 8am-7pm and 8am-10pm. Nice, long port days at all stops, actually.

Glad we got a kid's sail free on that booking, because the excursions are gonna cost us a fortune! So much we want to do.

Adventure has a unique spectacular itinerary - St Thomas, Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao! You have a corner aft. Go for it.

I was just on the Harmony. I'd wait until the kids are older to take them on her.

Adventure has a unique spectacular itinerary - St Thomas, Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao! You have a corner aft. Go for it.

I was just on the Harmony. I'd wait until the kids are older to take them on her.

I was going to look this itinerary up... thank you for posting.

One of the very best Caribbean itineraries I have ever seen... and in a corner aft!! :eek:

I'll add yet another vote to Adventure also. Have a great cruise :D

p.s. consider pre-booking Woodwind catamaran snorkeling in Bonaire on-line for you and your kids. If your kids love the water, will probably LOVE seeing all the cool sea life, and Woodwind does an incredible job of fitting life-vest, supplying noodles and flotation devices for kids and for the mobility impaired.

We had the aft corner balcony on Adventure last Dec. I would do that again in a minute. The balcony was huge. We had a nice table with chairs and also two loungers and still had tons more room. The ports are fabulous. Each island is different than the others. The only draw back was the room is quite the walk from the elevators and stairs, but that wouldn't stop me from booking it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on if you are sailing for the ships or the ports.

I would choose Adventure, but that's because my main goal is to see the islands and go to the nicest beaches. Your kids will love adventure as far as the ship goes; there's plenty of fun things to do, and you will spend very little time on the ship to even get to it all. However if your kids are not fond of playing in the water all day, they might not like this cruise as much because it is very port intensive and most of your time will be spent on the beach rather than the ship. I've found it to be a great way to show kids new places and cultures and mine happens to like that kind of thing, but some kids would get bored.

If you are more interested in spending time at a resort and don't really care about the land portion of the trip, do Harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would most certainly choose the longer cruise and great Southern Caribbean. The Harmony is nee but Adventure still a great ship and longer. I love cruises longer than a week. You really feel like you are more relaxed.

We had the two corner afts booked on Independence with a connecting aft last NYE. Its a huge balcony. These are pictures from our corner aft. One pic has my dd and her boyfriend but it shows you how much room.

IMG_1479699846.758166.jpg.4a67ba948170cec9a761f5ca84957b64.jpg

Let us know what you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_1479699811.816830.jpg.efc68889ec7077498b35a29b73b2e433.jpg

IMG_1479699823.554702.jpg.7ff8aa342055941a07110d6994b55799.jpg

IMG_1479699835.489445.jpg.ed39acad32f82821ad6c70211f56b706.jpg

Edited by js