Regal Princess boarding time?

Sunchaser46

Princess staggers their boarding times. The time you board depends on the cabin category you booked. Typically boarding is from 12:30-3:30. Are you Platinum or Elite or booked in a suite? Our experience is we've been allowed to board earlier with those factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm cruising on the Regal out of Ft Lauderdale in March 2017 departing at 4 pm. What time will I be able to board?

Depends on the deck you're stateroom is on. Princess has progressive boarding times. You'll get an email from Princess 2 weeks before sailing with that info.

Enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

How early will they take my bags for this ship. If I get there at 10 will they accept it or will they still be dealing with the prior cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 am is enough time to let the porters take your luggage.

How early will they take my bags for this ship. If I get there at 10 will they accept it or will they still be dealing with the prior cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have dropped them off as early as 8:30 at terminal 2 FLL.

Princess staggers their boarding times. The time you board depends on the cabin category you booked.

Depends on the deck you're stateroom is on. Princess has progressive boarding times. You'll get an email from Princess 2 weeks before sailing with that info.

Do you actually pay attention to the staggered boarding times?

• 1 month later...

Just got off the phone with Princess folks to ask if our suite status trumps the late boarding time (M deck 2 PM on Regal Princess next week out of FLL) and they said yes, you will have to wait if you show up early.This is crazy in my opinion.

Does anyone have recent information on FLL Princess boarding that confirms or refutes this? Clearly from these boards they weren't being draconian about their 'progressive boarding'.

We've cruised on a lot of lines and have never had the staggered boarding times enforced for 'top loyalty level' or suite passengers so this doesn't seem like a good start to what we hope/expect will be a great cruise.

Just got off the phone with Princess folks to ask if our suite status trumps the late boarding time (M deck 2 PM on Regal Princess next week out of FLL) and they said yes, you will have to wait if you show up early.This is crazy in my opinion.

Does anyone have recent information on FLL Princess boarding that confirms or refutes this? Clearly from these boards they weren't being draconian about their 'progressive boarding'.

We've cruised on a lot of lines and have never had the staggered boarding times enforced for 'top loyalty level' or suite passengers so this doesn't seem like a good start to what we hope/expect will be a great cruise.

If you are in a full suite, you are in priority boarding.

Nobody pays attention to the staggered boarding times. It is merely a suggestion unless there is some very unusual circumstance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not a requirement anyway. Get there early, board in time for lunch in the MDR. :)

I don't understand your post. You state that yes, according to the person you spoke to on the phone, your suite status trumps the assigned late boarding time. All is good, right?

Sorry, Dawnypoo, you're right. I was a little teeny tiny bit annoyed so cut corners in my post.

They said 'Yes, the boarding times are enforced'.

Further, they said 'Priority only means that in the group scheduled to arrive at 2 you have priority for that group, but you won't be allowed to board earlier than 2 even if you have priority (either Suite or Elite--we have both).

IE. No, there really isn't 'Priority' boarding anymore.

I'm sure glad the CC posters generally know more than the Princess call center staff... ;) Or I'll hope that the rules don't apply as pablo222 suggests...

Hope you're all correct.

Edited by kruznkanuk

Sorry, Dawnypoo, you're right. I was a little teeny tiny bit annoyed so cut corners in my post.

Further, they said 'Priority only means that in the group scheduled to arrive at 2 you have priority for that group, but you won't be allowed to board earlier than 2 even if you have priority (either Suite or Elite--we have both).

I'm sure glad the CC posters generally know more than the Princess call center staff... ;) Or I'll hope that the rules don't apply as pablo222 suggests...

Hope you're all correct.

If you call back and get another rep, you'll get another answer. That is nonsense that the boarding times are enforced. Get there when you want, check in and wait for them to call your group. We usually get to the pier around 11. :D

Hope you're all correct.

We are correct. Been through it 17 times now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope you're all correct.

Don't worry. Just arrive when you want. Its not enforced.

Don't be intimidated. You will be fine. :)