Freedom of the Seas MDR experience

We are currently on freedom of the Seas Thanksgiving cruise. I have read several reviews lately about the MDR. I am one who thinks if some one else is cooking it is a meal to be enjoyed. This could not be further from the truth. First of all out two rooms that were linked for dinner were not. 3 of us were in deck 3 and 2 of us were on deck 4. Went to the matre d upon boarding to no avail. Turns out royal didn't send linking information to the ship. It was not pleasant not sitting with my family For our dinner. We found finally got it figured out in day 2. I didn't realize Royal switched to McRibs instead of sirloin. Literally a pressed meat steak. So disappointed in the service and quality of food. It is very hard to enjoy.

This is the first time in many cruises I will have to rate the food and service below par.

On a positive note. Embarkation in terminal 29 the new home for Freedom was fantastic. At the port at 1015 and boarding at 1100. Also all new loungers and chairs were added. They received new trailers. I think all balcony and suite furniture will be replaced.

Thank you for telling us your experience.

After check in do they divide passengers according to their crown and anchor status or they just fill the waiting area in the order you arrived.

Also, you mentioned arriving to the port at 1020am, was the check in process open or did you had to wait ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for telling us your experience.

After check in do they divide passengers according to their crown and anchor status or they just fill the waiting area in the order you arrived.

Also, you mentioned arriving to the port at 1020am, was the check in process open or did you had to wait ?

Thank you

There was a separate entrance for p d splurge emerald and platinum. All suite and pinnacles were walked directly to the counter. Checkin was open and the divided us by ca level to sit. There was not a lot of room for passengers so I can see where they boarded early. I talked to a passenger that was on a b2b and she said they had to wait for 4 hours to checkin. And board. The concierge said the last passenger did not get off until 1215 that week making everything delayed.

Edited by irishgal432

There was a separate entrance for p d splurge emerald and platinum. All suite and pinnacles were walked directly to the counter. Checkin was open and the divided us by ca level to sit. There was not a lot of room for passengers so I can see where they boarded early. I talked to a passenger that was on a b2b and she said they had to wait for 4 hours to checkin. And board. The concierge said the last passenger did not get off until 1215 that week making everything delayed.

Thanks Irishgal for the info.We used terminal 29 last year but last week a cruiser told us they were remodeling. We are back to back and have a Jr. so will arrive at normal time around 1030, and glad to hear they have a suite checkin. How did they handle the Ice show this time ? Did they use first come at door, or ticket pass out in advance. Miss the old time when they used pre reservations at Ice show. Thanks for the info. Bob & Nancy

Thanks Irishgal for the info.We used terminal 29 last year but last week a cruiser told us they were remodeling. We are back to back and have a Jr. so will arrive at normal time around 1030, and glad to hear they have a suite checkin. How did they handle the Ice show this time ? Did they use first come at door, or ticket pass out in advance. Miss the old time when they used pre reservations at Ice show. Thanks for the info. Bob & Nancy

No reservations, but there is d plus pinnacle suite seating.

I am sailing on Freedom in March and have enjoyed reading everyone's comments. This will be my first cruise on the Freedom.

Great ship, great staff. This weeks cruise is at capacity so lots of overworked mdr staff.

The only issue is the food quality has gone way down. Hopefully they can adjust it with better quality of food by the time you get on.