ATV excursion and Paradise Beach

fla33023

My travel mate wants to do the ATV excursion and I'd rather shop. From reading different sites / reviews, I believe it's Paradise Beach you go to after you ride the ATV's. A lot of people weren't happy with the beach portion so I was wondering if we would be able to catch a cab back to the ship instead of staying with the group? Is that feasible? We're on RCCL and the time on the website is 9. Is that the time you leave the ship? Thanks!

Not sure who is unhappy with Paradise Beach - we love it; great facilities, good service, HUGE pool, nice beach and water toys for an extra fee.

Easy enough to grab a taxi at PB - about $17 will get you back to the pier (there are 3 different piers on Coz - be sure you know which one); fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab.

Not sure who is unhappy with Paradise Beach - we love it; great facilities, good service, HUGE pool, nice beach and water toys for an extra fee.

Easy enough to grab a taxi at PB - about $17 will get you back to the pier (there are 3 different piers on Coz - be sure you know which one); fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab.

I may be wrong about the beach. The excursion doesn't state what beach you go to after riding the ATV's. I saw a review where someone mentioned San Francisco beach which I thought was now Paradise Beach. I called RCCL this morning and the person was unable to tell me exactly what beach it is. I was reading the reviews for this trip on the Carnival site and many people didn't like the beach you went to after....too rocky, too many people selling stuff, having to pay for chairs/umbrellas, pricey food to name a few. Thanks for the info about the cab!

I may be wrong about the beach. The excursion doesn't state what beach you go to after riding the ATV's. I saw a review where someone mentioned San Francisco beach which I thought was now Paradise Beach. I called RCCL this morning and the person was unable to tell me exactly what beach it is. I was reading the reviews for this trip on the Carnival site and many people didn't like the beach you went to after....too rocky, too many people selling stuff, having to pay for chairs/umbrellas, pricey food to name a few. Thanks for the info about the cab!

I think San Francisco Beach is the general name. I don't know how accurate the photos are on Carnival website but they show Ocean VIP club.

I am with John, good facilities at Paradise Beach. I am sure you could get a cab easy enough but tell your group leader or the rest will have to wait for you if they are traveling on a bus and you are missing.

Edited by c-leg5

Cabs are easy and fairly well regulated on coz (unlike the crooks in Philly! :mad:); if none are waiting the staff at whatever beach club can call for one.

Fare back to the piers should be about $17 for up to 4 passengers, but it is always smart to verify the fare BEFORE you get into the taxi.

San Francisco Beach is a different beach than Paradise Beach.