Is Carnival super expensive or is it just me...

kwazi07

I'm sorry that I got it backwards. When I sailed on Liberty, it was in Pt Canaveral and I forgot that it was moved. I guess it's true that when you get old, the memory is one of the first things to go. Sorry

Then the eyes and ears start getting hazy........along with other things.....now what was I saying?

Edited by evandbob

If I found another cruise line that was less expensive than CCL I would book it in a heart beat. We're booking the Pride in February 2018 because it's hundreds less than anything else (and only $100 more than it was when we cruised on her in 2012). Could have taken NCL out of NYC for $1100 more I suppose but being on a newer ship doesn't attract us and having "free" stuff that we wouldn't buy in the first place isn't a selling point for us (but even if we did buy drink packages we could buy a better package on CCL and still end up saving money).

But like I said, if we find a cruise line is less expensive then we'd book it in a heart beat.

I will probably get hammered here, but you might look into a Southern Carribean on Celebrity with one of the popular TA's. They just had the Thanksgiving sale w/ several Fall dates for $599 for an Ocean View, with the classic drink package, gratuities, and a $300 OBC for the room. Can't beat that anywhere in our opinion. I like the activities on Carnival, but I like drinking for free on Celebrity.

I will probably get hammered here, but you might look into a Southern Carribean on Celebrity with one of the popular TA's. They just had the Thanksgiving sale w/ several Fall dates for $599 for an Ocean View, with the classic drink package, gratuities, and a $300 OBC for the room. Can't beat that anywhere in our opinion. I like the activities on Carnival, but I like drinking for free on Celebrity.

I live in Vermont, I think we have one TA in the state operating out of a wood shack somewhere:eek:;) (and then I would have to convince DW that an Ocean View is perfectly acceptable). But I will include Celebrity in my searches.

More expensive and more cut backs every day.

Well, they have to hire people to keep coming up with things to cut back every day.

Lucky for us that we don't see cut backs everyday. I guess we're missing them.

Maybe someone will start a thread and enter a post daily telling what was cutback the previous day. :cool:

I really want funship 2.0 renovations with the Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana. I mean, if I find a good price on Victory I'd jump on it, but I'd rather go on Liberty out of PC which is a les of a drive from Tampa (where I live).

Sent from Tapatalk

have you considered the Msc Divina? no flow rider, but awesome ship and ports.. all onboard prices are reasonable...

I have been a regular NCL cruiser for years and everyone has always said that Carnival is the "Walmart" of cruising and so cheap. I'm sorry but I have cruised Carnival 4x now and 3 of those have been the most expensive cruises I have every paid for...ESPECIALLY if you are cruising during Spring Break. The Pride out of Baltimore has been one of the most expensive cruises I think I have ever paid for. But I still seem to come back to Carnival for Spring Break every time...and probably will do so again this upcoming Spring Break.

However...if you want a decent price, check out cruising from Puerto Rico. We just went on the Fascination this summer and it was by-far the cheapest cruise we have done in a LONG time.

Are you looking during the week of March 12 and March 18th? That's my wife's spring break(shes a teacher) and for that one week only, prices are almost double what the week before and week after are in some cases. Sucks for us, but we live by the school calendar.

I have been a regular NCL cruiser for years and everyone has always said that Carnival is the "Walmart" of cruising and so cheap. I'm sorry but I have cruised Carnival 4x now and 3 of those have been the most expensive cruises I have every paid for...ESPECIALLY if you are cruising during Spring Break. The Pride out of Baltimore has been one of the most expensive cruises I think I have ever paid for. But I still seem to come back to Carnival for Spring Break every time...and probably will do so again this upcoming Spring Break.

However...if you want a decent price, check out cruising from Puerto Rico. We just went on the Fascination this summer and it was by-far the cheapest cruise we have done in a LONG time.

It's the time of year. We just booked the Pride for 2/25/18 and we got a balcony for the two of us for $1600.

Sorry coevan, but not true at all.....you need to start shopping around!! :confused:

We always take 7 day cruises in Jan/Feb out of NOLA/Galveston ( close enough to drive, can't afford airfare AND a cruise). No cruise line has yet to be cheaper than Carnival during that time...

Are you looking during the week of March 12 and March 18th? That's my wife's spring break(shes a teacher) and for that one week only, prices are almost double what the week before and week after are in some cases. Sucks for us, but we live by the school calendar.

Yes! We run by the school schedule as well. I agree with your 2x the price sentiment. I really didn't notice it until looking at other dates in March.

Its interesting that on Royal prices are about 25% higher for our week but Carnival it's 100%...

Sent from Tapatalk

We always take 7 day cruises in Jan/Feb out of NOLA/Galveston ( close enough to drive, can't afford airfare AND a cruise). No cruise line has yet to be cheaper than Carnival during that time...

We are taking The Dawn out of NOLA over New Years, which is a 9 night cruise, this year and it was cheaper than an 8 night Carnival cruise out of Cape Canaveral. I was surprised! It just pays to look around!

Donna

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at a Carnival cruise (possibly) for next March for a B2B of sorts or to replace my current cruise on Royal. However, Carnival is so expensive for me!

I booked a five night on a large Royal ship, with three guests in a balcony and two in an promenade (interior with a view) stateroom for $2900. This is over our spring break, so a little expensive.

However, when I look on Carnival for a cruise (preferably on a Conquest class or Magic), everything is really expensive for our same setup. Like, in the $4000 range for a six night on Conquest. And I can't find any rooms for five unless I look at Victory (meh) or a Fantasy class (been there, done that).

I really want to go on Carnival again! I enjoyed the zany design and the food. But why is is so expensive? Or am I just not looking in the right spots?

They are getting more expensive all the time but are still the least expensive around

We got an 8 day out of Miami on the Splendor cheaper than a 7 day out of Port Canaveral. And we leave in 5 days. [emoji126]🏻[emoji126]🏻[emoji126]🏻 Single digit dance!! Total $1400 (2 people) and change. $100 OBC. This was about $200 cheaper, for the same dates. As with anything you have to research to get the best price. Spring Break is always expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by volmoma

I just checked for our February 2018 cruise. Carnival is $600 cheaper, $300 cheaper when you take account of the obc on Celebrity. But our OV room on Carnival is way way nicer than on Celebrity. We'll stick with what we have.