Balcony pics! Post 'em if you got 'em.....

Cruiserbillyboo

Lots of threads on multiple boards about balconies, and merits (or not) thereof. It’s something I am deciding myself for an upcoming cruise. How about everyone post pics of their balconies? Looking out, looking down, looking side to side, looking out from the cabin, the furniture, just hanging out there……or any imaginable pic of a cruise ship balcony for all of us to see?

Go!

:)

Lots of threads on multiple boards about balconies, and merits (or not) thereof. It’s something I am deciding myself for an upcoming cruise. How about everyone post pics of their balconies? Looking out, looking down, looking side to side, looking out from the cabin, the furniture, just hanging out there……or any imaginable pic of a cruise ship balcony for all of us to see?

Go!

:)

How about not. Just check out the websites of the cruise lines that interest you or Google "cruise ship balcony images."

How about not. Just check out the websites of the cruise lines that interest you or Google "cruise ship balcony images."

Why such negativity to what I thought was a reasonable and fun thread topic suggestion? Indeed, I have googled, and indeed, yes, there are many such pics available. Likewise from cruiseline websites. But if googling or cruiseline websites are the answer, then most if not all of CC would be unnecessary. The vast majority of queries posted here could be answered by googling. However, what makes CC great is the family of cruisers here, with special insight and experiences and resources and advice that transcend simple googling. I'm sure many of us have vast photo resources that aren't available through a google or any other search.

Myself? I have done about a dozen cruises and many other land-based vacations, and I have easily several hundred thousand photos in my personal files. None of which can be accessed through any sort of online search.

So I thought the wonderful family of cruisers here might find it fun to share their balcony pics. I thought it was a nice theme for a thread. Sorry to have bothered anyone if this is such an unreasonable topic.

:mad:

Your post was not unreasonable at all! I don't know what pictures you'd get other than the ocean and we have had balcony cabins. However on some ships (Princess for one) you can look down on the balcony under yours then the ones below that one. Those are kind of public, not private at all.

On the last morning you can usually just walk into a balcony cabin, after it is empty, and see what they are like. Our room steward showed us a suite once down the hall from us. Just ask if you can see one to see what it is like.

Suites and very end of a ship can have bigger balconies but most are only big enough for two chairs and a small table- and they take up the whole balcony.

We won't pay more for a balcony, the ones we have had were free for us, but we were brought up at the beach so seeing the ocean is no big deal for us.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Why such negativity to what I thought was a reasonable and fun thread topic suggestion? Indeed, I have googled, and indeed, yes, there are many such pics available. Likewise from cruiseline websites. But if googling or cruiseline websites are the answer, then most if not all of CC would be unnecessary. The vast majority of queries posted here could be answered by googling. However, what makes CC great is the family of cruisers here, with special insight and experiences and resources and advice that transcend simple googling. I'm sure many of us have vast photo resources that aren't available through a google or any other search.

Myself? I have done about a dozen cruises and many other land-based vacations, and I have easily several hundred thousand photos in my personal files. None of which can be accessed through any sort of online search.

So I thought the wonderful family of cruisers here might find it fun to share their balcony pics. I thought it was a nice theme for a thread. Sorry to have bothered anyone if this is such an unreasonable topic.

While you did not quote me in particular, I was the first to suggest googling the topic to see a wide variety of pictures. It was meant to be helpful, not negative, as there would be a greater variety of pictures available than you might find through responses to this thread. (Which by the fact that there has only been one poster thus far with pictures might help support that).

And you are correct, there are a lot of inquiries posted on CC that are more easily answered by googling, but that is not the point, which I think is more about the discussions generated by the many threads started.

Perhaps you touched on another point which I happen to ascribe to. You have " several hundreds of thousands of photos in your personal files". Are you posting those on discussion blogs? I too - as do most people - have many personal photos as well - the key word being "personal". Many of those are of balconies from many ships, but they also typically include pictures of my family or friends, none of which I want to post on a public forum such as CC. I am likely not alone in that.

So, again, the suggestion to google your inquiry - at least on my part - was to provide a way to get an instant source of a variety of pictures that might satisfy your curiosity.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There is nothing unreasonable about your post. I'd love to see the pics that people have of their balconies. It helps with the real life view of what to expect when you are booking. I also think its a nice way to see the views from each style of balcony.

Don't be discouraged :)

Perhaps I should clarify my original post. I love to take photos. I am always looking for the best angles, lighting schemes, unusual approaches, personal touches, all the little "oddities" that make for great shots, not just the usual shots everyone always sees.

So, yes, I've googled this topic as much as possible. Yes, there is lots available. I was hoping for some interesting "balcony pic ideas" from the clever CC community here.

This is in anticipation of what may be my first balcony cruise.

Again, thanks!