Transportation: Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale Hotel

Jeannie333333

Hi,

We are flying in to Miami from the UK in January and wondered what the most reasonable form of transport was to get us to a Fort Lauderdale Hotel (Crowne Plaza)?

I have read about shuttles, but not sure how that works - will they drop us of at our hotel or at a central point?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

Jean

Generally, you have already found what most people consider the "most reasonable" transport method- shuttles.

If the hotel involved is one of the shuttle companies designated delivery locations, the shuttle will drop you there. Check with the companies and their websites, where you will find what locations the shuttle services will deliver to.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Only a few shuttles are licensed to pick up passengers at MIA - Super Shuttle, American Shuttle and Go Airport - about $35 per person the last time I checked, They should drop you at your hotel.

A taxi on the same run will be about $75-80+tip.

Uber car sharing service will get you to your hotel for closer to $40-45.

After a long flight you may not be up for driving on the "correct" side of the road, but a one way car rental is another popular option, and will give you some flexibility for dining/shopping.

A budget option is to ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL and then rely on a taxi or the hotel shuttle to get you to your hotel.

If any of this help you owe me a pint -- bitter please! :D

We used Larry's Limos last March.

Collected us at Miami airport and dropped us to front door of our Fort Lauderdale Hotel for $85 incl tip.

They also collected us at at Port Everglades at the end of our cruise and took us to MIA (where we put our bags into the Left Luggage and went to Dolphin Mall for the day for retail therapy.

Use the chat service on their website to get a quote!

Only a few shuttles are licensed to pick up passengers at MIA - Super Shuttle, American Shuttle and Go Airport - about $35 per person the last time I checked, They should drop you at your hotel.

A taxi on the same run will be about $75-80+tip.

Uber car sharing service will get you to your hotel for closer to $40-45.

After a long flight you may not be up for driving on the "correct" side of the road, but a one way car rental is another popular option, and will give you some flexibility for dining/shopping.

A budget option is to ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL and then rely on a taxi or the hotel shuttle to get you to your hotel.

If any of this help you owe me a pint -- bitter please! :D

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, which did make me smile :) Cheeky...

It would be a bit of a problem that you drive on the 'wrong' side of the road :D

Ive been quoted $105 plus tip for the taxi, which sounds quite expensive, so I might try and locate other taxi companies to get a better quote.

Ah, sorry about the bitter - when we are are Florida its do as the Floridians do - so its Sam Adams all the way :-)

thanks for your help - lots of options there

Jean x