Dirt cheap balcony rooms available for 12/11 Breakaway sailing

When you click all the way through to the purchase point the price is still $749 for balconies.

Nope. The Balcony GTY rate on Dec 11 is $499. Add the $164.22 taxes/fees and the total is $663.22 per person based on double occupancy.

The 18th sailing is currently $20 less at $479 plus fees for total of $643.22 for a Balcony GTY.

Great price if you can go last minute.

Wish I had the schedule flexibility for last minute bookings. I noticed my next cruise, two weeks, although I booked at an excellent price, the same category now is just about half that price for the few remaining rooms. However, we can't book last minute and also really are choosy about our particular cabin type and location. And also by booking airfare way early, got Nashville to Tampa for only $35 pp each way (using points equivalent). Last minute booking for that would be about $300 pp each way now. If I lived at a cruise port though..........watch out!

Just wanted to pass it along. GTY Balconies going for $749 right now with no solo supplement.

If you don't mind playing the GTY roulette game and have a flexible enough schedule to book a 7-day cruise barely 2 weeks out, this is a hell of a deal.

So, is anyone interested in discussing the Pros/Cons of the "GTY roulette game". $499 for 7 days on the Breakaway is a steal! I've never booked a GTY.

I'll start:

Con: I've heard that you will not get any Free at Sea offers, but don't know for sure???

Pro: I've heard, but again, don't know, that GTYs are typically the first to get upgraded???

None of the free offers are available for the IX, OX, BX, MX categories, at least for all the online sites I've checked, so you are correct. There could be a TA out there that is offering something even with GTY, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially at these prices.

As for whether GTY are typically the first to get upgraded, I sure hope so! But I'm not betting on it.

The biggest pro you're getting in GTY is the heavily discounted price with the con being there's little to no ability for freebies and you don't get to choose your location.

Edited by Kilmar

Just wanted to pass it along. GTY Balconies going for $749 right now with no solo supplement.

If you don't mind playing the GTY roulette game and have a flexible enough schedule to book a 7-day cruise barely 2 weeks out, this is a hell of a deal.

Not terribly unusual; it is probably the slowest week of the year; just before Chirstmas. We did one a few years ago: never again. We didn't get home until a couple of days before Christmas and it was way too rushed.

None of the free offers are available for the IX, OX, BX, MX categories, at least for all the online sites I've checked, so you are correct. There could be a TA out there that is offering something even with GTY, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially at these prices.

As for whether GTY are typically the first to get upgraded, I sure hope so! But I'm not betting on it.

The biggest pro you're getting in GTY is the heavily discounted price with the con being there's little to no ability for freebies and you don't get to choose your location.

Congrats Kilmar! I looked at your countdown calendar and it says First Cruise Ever! Hope you have a fantastic cruise. My DW and I LOVE NCL Freestyle!

regarding the GTY roulette question above: i asked the same thing on this forum a few weeks ago. just 3 people convinced me never to GTY. stories of a pump going on at 7, workers going past your window and other things make me realize there's a reason these are so cheap. even if you only sleep in the room, the things these people said meant u couldnt sleep well.

It's only $499 for double occupancy. Price has gone back up for solos.

If it matters I pulled the GTY trigger on Friday night and got assigned a nice balcony room on Deck 12 this morning.

Nice job!

I'm going to force myself not to book anything new and wait for a good last minute for next year Dec/Jan time frame. We're pretty flexible with when we can travel without the kids.

Traveling with kids is harder because we need rooms that accommodate 3 or 4 and are adjoining.

Congrats Kilmar! I looked at your countdown calendar and it says First Cruise Ever! Hope you have a fantastic cruise. My DW and I LOVE NCL Freestyle!

Thanks, very excited to go on a cruise for the first time! Even with the very hurtful price drop.

Edited by Kilmar

regarding the GTY roulette question above: i asked the same thing on this forum a few weeks ago. just 3 people convinced me never to GTY. stories of a pump going on at 7, workers going past your window and other things make me realize there's a reason these are so cheap. even if you only sleep in the room, the things these people said meant u couldnt sleep well.

If it makes you feel better:

Last year I booked an inside guarantee on the BA for $599/pp. They assigned me the worst cabin I can think of: all the way forward, under the theatre and 129 sq ft!

So, I upgraded to a guarantee balcony for $749. The next day the balcony guarantee was $599. But, we were happy with the balcony cabin they gave us.

I booked the 12/18 sailing on Saturday....BX. I was already assigned...mid-ship on the 13th deck (cabin above and cabin below).

A guarantee is always a risk, but you can always upgrade yourself.

BTW...I do the buffet because I like it, I don't drink and I don't need the internet at sea. So...I pretty much need to do the guarantee.

I will be on the Anthem on her Dec 9th sailing. At these price I am seriously considering doing a back to back on the Breakaway the following week. Have to check at the office to see if I can go on extra week of vacation.

Edited by William W