Review of Silhouette Nov 2016 Transatlantic

tweetylori

Once again a wonderful review Lori. I was away from cruise critic for a while and I finally caught up earlier this week. I must say that you have a flair for writing. You have the ability to make your readers feel as if they were with you on this trip. I felt this way, and I was on this cruise with you guys. :) Also, as Mickey22 mentioned. Try Shutterfly or MyPublisher for photo books. Great review from beginning to end Lori, and thank you so very much for your time, talent and generosity. You brought this cruise back to life for a lot of us. Bravo!

Thank you Senorbanda! Wish we could go back and start this cruise all over again. Like right now. :D Appreciate the photo books tip. I should have thought to try something different early on when it was already driving me crazy.

I remember when we passed this building Ventura Highway by America was playing on the radio station our driver had on. American music, but Italian language in between. Working in American radio all my life, I wanted to ask him to please switch to Italian music, but never could get his attention as he was on a bluetooth for a long time. :rolleyes:

Lori, like you when I am in a foreign country I want to hear the language and music of that country so I feel I am immersed in that culture.

Thanks for taking us along on this great adventure and for ending it in Rome-my favorite city for exploring and soaking up the Italian ambiance. Someday I'll spend a week there rather than a couple of days pre or post cruise.

Do you have another cruise planned at this time?

I am on the Reflection in 13 days (but who's counting?) and can't wait to tell you and this board about it!

Cheers!

Norris

That is correct. Nothing in your cabin frig is included in your drink pkg. Unless you want to pay for it, best have the cabin attendant empty it on the first day

I didn't know we could have asked him to empty it. Thanks for the info for next time! We did still have room in there for Perrier and our chocolate covered strawberries that we couldn't finish from Qsine. :D

Lori, like you when I am in a foreign country I want to hear the language and music of that country so I feel I am immersed in that culture.

Thanks for taking us along on this great adventure and for ending it in Rome-my favorite city for exploring and soaking up the Italian ambiance. Someday I'll spend a week there rather than a couple of days pre or post cruise.

Do you have another cruise planned at this time?

I am on the Reflection in 13 days (but who's counting?) and can't wait to tell you and this board about it!

Cheers!

Norris

Thank you Norris! You're right, it would be so wonderful to spend a whole week in Rome. So excited for you about the Reflection. Very much looking forward to hearing all about it!

Thanks again, "tweetylori," for the best pictorial review we have ever seen, anywhere on the Internet -- and for your guidance, on another thread, with regard to Qsine.

You are very sweet, thank you! Can't wait to hear about your cruise!

Thanks you so much for your review, I booked the same ship for a Med cruise next Sept to Italy as major on my moms bucket list since my dad passed recently an it's also my favourite place. Now I'm very excited for the ship so thanks

Thank you, I hope you have a fabulous cruise. So SORRY about your Dad. I'm sure you will find ways to celebrate his life and your time with him.

Wow ! you told me today to take a look into a review you wrote about the Silhouette as I had multiple questions on it as I was about to book it. I think this gave me all my answers needed and more.

This is a fantastic review with pics and all.

Thanks for sharing.

Sea y'a

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Norris! You're right, it would be so wonderful to spend a whole week in Rome. So excited for you about the Reflection. Very much looking forward to hearing all about it!

Lori, we sail this Saturday and the review will be "launched" the day we get home-January 22. I will be offering a Pillow Chocolate Giveaway to the first person who responds to it. Plus I'll throw in a set of steak knives...

Hope to see you there!

Norris

Wow ! you told me today to take a look into a review you wrote about the Silhouette as I had multiple questions on it as I was about to book it. I think this gave me all my answers needed and more.

This is a fantastic review with pics and all.

Thanks for sharing.

Sea y'a

Eric

Oh good Eric...glad you got some answers. Have you decided on what cruise sounds best for you?

Lori, we sail this Saturday and the review will be "launched" the day we get home-January 22. I will be offering a Pillow Chocolate Giveaway to the first person who responds to it. Plus I'll throw in a set of steak knives...

Hope to see you there!

Norris

Tick tick, you are almost aboard. Have the best time ever, and I can't wait for your review!

Hope to see you there!

Norris

I think I am probably as anxious as you and Carol must be to experience your upcoming Reflection cruise through what we all know will be another well done review. We are doing the same cruise March 25 so know your review will be most helpful. I will be very anxious to tune in when we return home on the 28 th from an island getaway so I will miss out on the Pillow Chocolate Giveaway

Oh good Eric...glad you got some answers. Have you decided on what cruise sounds best for you?

It's almost done. We think of giving Silhouette a try as we've already been on Eurodam less than a year ago.

Thanks

Eric

My goodness wrp96, you have great eye sight to be able to spot and recognize your roommate! I'm impressed. :p

We've traveled together enough.:p Really what it was is we both went up to the hot tub, but I wanted to try and get a picture of the Cathedral at night so headed up top for a little while, and I remember it because it was just so beautiful and amazing (and I managed to get a really cool picture).

On the Friday in Rome you mentioned the traffic. We were supposed to tour the Vatican that morning but the Vatican was closed for a special event that morning, so we went to the Colosseum instead. While waiting in line to enter, we heard jet engines and then saw fighter jets streaking across the sky, streaming the colors of the Italian flag. Then a helicopter flew past and two people jumped out holding Italian flags. And then the fighter jets went past again. It was a really cool sight. And when we went to leave the traffic was absolutely crazy - the HOHO drivers mentioned a bad accident had everyone stopped for over 45 minutes.

Edited by wrp96

We had been told that it was some kind of military memorial day, so that makes sense. I hate that we missed all the action. We didn't see ANY of that when we were stuck in traffic, and we were stuck near the Coloseum for quite some time. Thanks for the info!

And you're right, that night on the ship was incredibly beautiful! Sigh, I wish I was there again right now.