Review of Silhouette Nov 2016 Transatlantic

tweetylori

Not sure if you are a regular wine buyer at home? So glad you shipped your beauties! Keep the empty bottles and take them to a local wine guy (wine shop or wine buyer for large grocery store who has access to all distributors) to see if they can bring in more (or something very similar).

P.S. My cruise is 23 days out. I have not forgotten my promise to drink espresso every day - just for you! (And something stronger?) Thanks for the update.

Kimberly

Not sure if you are a regular wine buyer at home? So glad you shipped your beauties! Keep the empty bottles and take them to a local wine guy (wine shop or wine buyer for large grocery store who has access to all distributors) to see if they can bring in more (or something very similar).

P.S. My cruise is 23 days out. I have not forgotten my promise to drink espresso every day - just for you! (And something stronger?) Thanks for the update.

Kimberly

Oh I think it's safe to assume I'm a regular wine buyer at home. :p I didn't think about trying to get a local wine person to order from them. I know I can order directly from their website. Just have to factor in some hefty shipping charges. The wine itself wasn't too expensive though, so it would be worth it occasionally, especially since it's an organic winery. Appreciate the suggestion.

You are sooooo close to your cruise, so exciting!! Really looking forward to hearing about it and will appreciate all those espressos and wine that you're going to drink in my honor. Or anything awesome from the World Bar would be nice also. :D

Great review! We are on the April E/B TA on Silhouette and your review upped our anticipation.

How did you learn of the beverage package discount? We will be buying the premium. One TA past we saw it at 10% discount on the Celebrity site, but haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks

So we started waddling around and came upon this amazing Market! (which looked like it would have been an awesome place to get a bite to eat)

IMG_20161108_151411.jpg

Not sure how we could even LOOK at food again so soon, but the sights were so beautiful everywhere in the market!

We did buy a few things for later from here:

IMG_20161108_151445.jpg

Otherwise just walked around with our jaws dropped!

IMG_20161108_151750.jpg

IMG_20161108_151421.jpg

These were the biggest red peppers I have ever seen!

IMG_20161108_152411.jpg

I love the market in Barcelona. Loving your review. The transatlantic on the silhouette is one of our favorite cruises, if not THE favorite! Can hardly wait for nov 2017. Again, such a great review. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Helaine

Great review! We are on the April E/B TA on Silhouette and your review upped our anticipation.

How did you learn of the beverage package discount? We will be buying the premium. One TA past we saw it at 10% discount on the Celebrity site, but haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks

Hi Sasset, I do believe I got an email about it...so do watch your email! The discount came out a couple months before our cruise. I remember it stayed there for at least a month or two, and never got better or worse. Hope you get a great discount like we did...keep an eye out! Doesn't hurt to keep up with your roll call also. I often gleamed valuable info that way. So excited for you that you have yours to look forward to! You won't be getting the extra hour almost every day, but hey, no jet lag getting over there.

I love the market in Barcelona. Loving your review. The transatlantic on the silhouette is one of our favorite cruises, if not THE favorite! Can hardly wait for nov 2017. Again, such a great review. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Helaine

Wow you've done transatlantics more than once, I'm jealous! Really happy to hear that you like my review. That means a LOT, especially to a gal that's really missing her ship!

I have yet to do my first TA...April can't come soon enough. It is so refreshing to hear and see things from your perspective....very nice review and glad you loved it...memories to cherish! I am going to lose an hour for quite a few days, not to mention three just for flying to Miami...but I love the 16 day itinerary and we are traveling with friends we met cruising...I will have to try it the other way soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have yet to do my first TA...April can't come soon enough. It is so refreshing to hear and see things from your perspective....very nice review and glad you loved it...memories to cherish! I am going to lose an hour for quite a few days, not to mention three just for flying to Miami...but I love the 16 day itinerary and we are traveling with friends we met cruising...I will have to try it the other way soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would go on another TA in a heartbeat no matter which way it was going...hope you have the time of your lives like we did. Can't wait to hear all about it! :D

Hi Sasset, I do believe I got an email about it...so do watch your email! The discount came out a couple months before our cruise. I remember it stayed there for at least a month or two, and never got better or worse. Hope you get a great discount like we did...keep an eye out! Doesn't hurt to keep up with your roll call also. I often gleamed valuable info that way. So excited for you that you have yours to look forward to! You won't be getting the extra hour almost every day, but hey, no jet lag getting over there.

Thanks, will watch the emails. Also, you mentioned your husband did some karaoke. Our last cruise on the Summit in September, they turned karaoke into a competition, which was not my style. Did they make it a competition on Silhouette?

Thanks again

Thanks, will watch the emails. Also, you mentioned your husband did some karaoke. Our last cruise on the Summit in September, they turned karaoke into a competition, which was not my style. Did they make it a competition on Silhouette?

Thanks again

Yes he did karaoke UNTIL it became a competition. It did go from an everybody-in type situation to a competition, with the top ones going on to perform in the main auditorium.

Thanks Tweety. I have seen them select two or three to perform in the talent show in the main showroom, but it hadn't been staged as a competition. The Summit thing was listed as a competition from the second night on. That was a new one in my experience, also when I bowed out.

What a great review, with spectacular pictures!

The Barcelona "Market Boqueria" is an amazing place. For all the lovers of Spanish food the perfect stop to pick up saffron to bring home

We will be on the Silhouette in April for the first time, so really enjoyed reading along

What a great review, with spectacular pictures!

The Barcelona "Market Boqueria" is an amazing place. For all the lovers of Spanish food the perfect stop to pick up saffron to bring home

We will be on the Silhouette in April for the first time, so really enjoyed reading along

Thank you! It really is an incredible market. I'm so glad I took the pics I did, so I can adequately remember how beautiful the colors were. I hope you have as fabulous of an adventure on that beautiful ship as we did!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Tweety. I have seen them select two or three to perform in the talent show in the main showroom, but it hadn't been staged as a competition. The Summit thing was listed as a competition from the second night on. That was a new one in my experience, also when I bowed out.

Well, I say have fun and GO for it if you want to!

"Delicious" review, Lori! Thank you for the descriptions and pictures. I am taking my mom on the 3/19 cruise and neither of us have ever cruised before. I just randomly booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago. :DBetween your review and the one from Norris last year I think I have a handle on the ship and F&B outlets. I am looking forward to this!

Thanks for the great review tweetylori! Heading out April 23rd on Silhouette from Ft. Lauderdale, transatlantic cruise, 14 fun filled days. You have made me so exited to get cruising, keep up the great reviews, love them all! Again thanks.:*

"Delicious" review, Lori! Thank you for the descriptions and pictures. I am taking my mom on the 3/19 cruise and neither of us have ever cruised before. I just randomly booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago. :DBetween your review and the one from Norris last year I think I have a handle on the ship and F&B outlets. I am looking forward to this!

Awesome that you are taking your Mom, and what a wonderful ship to start your cruising life with, although you might be forever spoiled! What are F&B outlets?

Thanks for the great review tweetylori! Heading out April 23rd on Silhouette from Ft. Lauderdale, transatlantic cruise, 14 fun filled days. You have made me so exited to get cruising, keep up the great reviews, love them all! Again thanks.:*[/quoteI

Your itinerary looks awesome! I wish we could be on that sailing as well...you will sooooo have to tell us all about it...ENJOY!

ahhh, gotcha! If anyone should've been able to figure that out, it should have been me!;)

Thank you for a great review! Outstanding read, informative without being stuffy such a perfect way to spend some time learning about the ship and to dream on a TA!

• 2 weeks later...
In between speakers, why not check out what they are serving in the main dining room for lunch?

IMG_20161113_151834.jpg

IMG_20161113_151830.jpg

Oh, and you can go to Guest Relations for these:

IMG_20161113_124903.jpg

Thanks for doing this! I can't wait for my trip in May. Just curious...what are in those boxes?