epic electric with room key

luv2gamble

Hi All. On the Breakaway you had to use your room key to turn on your room lights. I never been on the Epic. Does anyone know if its like that also? On Breakaway I even put a decoy library card and left it in slot so I always had my lights on. they took it out and left a note saying trying to conserve electricity and not to leave a card in slot. Thanks

I dont get something . Why all of you want to leave lights when u not in your cabin??

I don't think it's about the lights. I did find this annoying when trying to charge electronic devices that may have died during the day. Didn't know a few years ago that it could be any card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I remember correctly, with the card in the slot, you could still manually turn lights on and off with the light switches.

Debnjoe1438

From my experience in the Studio units, if the card wasn't in the slot nothing in the room worked power wise. You could always brush your teeth via the light from the phone [emoji3].

When you take the card out, you have about a minute before the power cuts out, I assume this is to get your booty out of the stateroom.

You may have had a different experience in your stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

had.

I'm all for saving electricity, but this isn't a great way to do it.

Exactly why do you say it is not a 'great way' to do it? Why do you need a single light on when you leave the room? What possible good is there to have lights on when not a single person is in the room?

Edited by mblitch

Exactly why do you say it is not a 'great way' to do it? Why do you need a single light on when you leave the room? What possible good is there to have lights on when not a single person is in the room?

See posts 15, 16, 17

To me I don't like to walk into a dark room like another person stated. I don't leave every light on but like to have at least on on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Same here, Cyclops32! I always leave one light on, as we are in an inside cabin, and I don't like walking into darkness. Also, although I haven't experienced this method of power conservation yet, I will on my January cruise on the Getaway. I am bringing along an old sail card to use in slot, because from what I hear, the power outlets won't even work without a card in slot, and I often leave things charging.