Are excursions added closer to sailing?

redbaron70

Hi all,

We're booked on the Pearl in April, and the number of excursions seems very limited. For example, there are 42 excursions in Cozumel on the NCL site but only 9 excursions for our sailing. Will this change as the date approaches? I realize we can book our own excursions, but I'm just curious.

Thank you!

Hi all, We're booked on the Pearl in April, and the number of excursions seems very limited. For example, there are 42 excursions in Cozumel on the NCL site but only 9 excursions for our sailing. Will this change as the date approaches? I realize we can book our own excursions, but I'm just curious.

They may add a few more. Once you get much into January, it is probably set.

They also will remove excursions once they sell out.

You can expect large numbers to be added about 90 days prior to sailing. If they aren't there by then, they probably won't add them. You can expect most, if not all, of the ones you see on the web site for each port to show up for your sailing.

I've usually experienced excursions being available well ahead of time. Are you in port unusually late or leaving unusually early? That would def explain it. Agree that whatever is available 90 days out will be it, but in my experience most excursions r listed well before that. Don't forget to check out independent excursions! We use the ship shore guide to give us ideas but are generally able to book any activity privately and then end up with a better tour for less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can expect large numbers to be added about 90 days prior to sailing. If they aren't there by then, they probably won't add them. You can expect most, if not all, of the ones you see on the web site for each port to show up for your sailing.

I disagree with this, as sanger727 also said, the excursions are usually available well before that 90 day mark - that matters only to dining/entertainment, not excursions. We have usually booked excursions at least 6 months before the cruise, cabana on GSC almost a year before.

What comes to excursions shown on general site and what is really available comes also down to weekdays. Even an excursion is listed generally, there is a chance that it is not offered at all on the weekday OP's cruise visits the port of call (the tour operator has f.ex. sold that day exclusively to another company) - seen this happen multiple times too.

Edited by Demonyte