Cruise from San Juan

plynn

We will be cruising from San Juan the day after Christmas. I have a few questions if someone could help me. We don't sail until 10:00 PM. Does anyone know what time we can check our luggage and what time we can board? We want to do a tour of Old San Juan that morning but didn't know if that would be possible. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be cruising from San Juan the day after Christmas. I have a few questions if someone could help me. We don't sail until 10:00 PM. Does anyone know what time we can check our luggage and what time we can board? We want to do a tour of Old San Juan that morning but didn't know if that would be possible. Thanks for your help.

On our two Carnival cruises out of San Juan, we checked in after 11 and then went back out and explored Old San Juan

We got there last summer around 10:30 and were on board around 11. We went off to walk around and came back so you can easily go out and explore. You may have to keep your carryons with you if you don't have access to your room right away.

When we called carnival they said boarding was from 2:30-8:30 PM. Do they let platinum board earlier?

That would be a change from past experience so worth reconfirming. We actually stayed on the ship following a traditional midday boarding time as we had stayed in San Juan a night or two prior to our 2 cruises out of that port. But folks do come and go.

Sail away past the fort at night is spectacular.

We always check in early, at 11:00 or before. Drop bags with the porters outside and then walk in the terminal to check-in. At that point you can either wait in the small, uncomfortable, waiting area or go back out to enjoy the city. You could also wait to board, then go back out. If you are plat or FTTF you could drop carry-ons in your room.

Have fun!

my funniest San Juan story, we are at CVS buying wine for boarding. A couple next to us asked if we were on Carnival. We said yes we were bringing our 2 alloted bottles aboard They said we don't drink, but we'll bring 2 more bottles on for you. So now we have 4 bottles of wine. We go off the ship to explore and say what the hell, let's try to more bottles of wine. We walked right aboard without question. Around 6 pm we did it again and had 8 bottles in our cabin.