Our 1st full suite cruise is almost here!

metairiegal

HaveDogWillTravel, great tips! Thanks so much.

I'll be sure to bringing the Princess suite perks page, don't want to miss anything. :)

Good tip about making sure we tell them we are in a suite when we book the free specialty dining. Not sure if I would have done that - thanks for that reminder.

For breakfast in Sabatini's do we just show up with our room card?

And, I was wondering if I could get my champagne plain with OJ on the side - sounds like I can!

For dh, who shouldn't have too much OJ. Will they let him order a Bloody Mary instead of the mimosa?

HaveDogWillTravel, great tips! Thanks so much.

I'll be sure to bringing the Princess suite perks page, don't want to miss anything. :)

Good tip about making sure we tell them we are in a suite when we book the free specialty dining. Not sure if I would have done that - thanks for that reminder.

For breakfast in Sabatini's do we just show up with our room card?

And, I was wondering if I could get my champagne plain with OJ on the side - sounds like I can!

For dh, who shouldn't have too much OJ. Will they let him order a Bloody Mary instead of the mimosa?

You should both always have your room card with you. You can get it hole punched at the customer service desk (there's a special line for suite guests). I keep it hooked to a wristlet or beach bag if I am up at the pool.

They may ask for your card at first but you will be surprised at how quickly they all remember your name and suite number! Breakfast in Sabatini's needs no reservation. It is usually not crowded as it only serves suite guests. Suite guests have a special breakfast menu for room service (which is very good) so many use that instead of going out. I do like the decadence of having champagne (sparkling wine really) for breakfast though.

I highly recommend the all inclusive beverage package. It is so wonderful not getting hit with an unknown bill for specialty coffees, teas, bottled water, virgin (or not) slushy fruity drinks by the pool and of course very good quality wine, champagne and cocktails (all free including tips with the package). They serve high quality vodka, gin, bourbon and liqueurs..... just be sure to ask for it by brand so they don't pour the house brand. The card gives you anything priced at $10 or less which is 95% of the menu. I have photos of the menus from last May if you are interested. Plus if there is a bottle of wine you would like in the MDR you get it for 40% off.

I have found in restaurants you can order any beverage you want and they will find someone to go to the bar and bring it to you. You would have to pay for the bloody mary if you don't have the card.

If I do this quite a bit (order drinks they must run out of the dining room for) I will always give an extra tip at the end of my cruise to my waiter (who I am hoping shares it with the lower level person who actually runs the errand).

While it is true Princess does not have personal butlers (I simply would not want one personally) they have all the suite perks I find to be most valuable.

Back in the day we got a "free" upgrade from a mini to a Vista suite. It has cost me thousands since then because we don't cruise in anything less. It's a totally different experience when you are in an aft Vista suite.

Enjoy!

You are SO right!!! I have the same problem now. ;)

OP - You don't have to go to the specialty restaurant to make reservations for your embarkation free dinner --> just call the DINE line. They will see that you are calling from a suite and make your reservation.

I don't drink alcohol, but I think I've read that you can order a Bloody Mary instead of a Mimosa. I might be wrong, but it can't hurt to ask.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Thanks everybody!

We won't be able to do the suite life very often. But, it is a big anniversary for us (that we will be celebrating on the ship) and this year was also big birthdays for both of us, so we are celebrating. But, on our next cruise, at least we will be Elite! :D

Thanks everybody!

We won't be able to do the suite life very often. But, it is a big anniversary for us (that we will be celebrating on the ship) and this year was also big birthdays for both of us, so we are celebrating. But, on our next cruise, at least we will be Elite! :D

I think we are the same way. We are booked in a suite for a California Coastal in April. It will have been 5 years since our last cruise, which was also in a suite. Lots of folks think paying for a suite is insane because, "you don't cruise to sit in your room, you cruise to see ports and hang out on deck", but if you don't sail every year and if you cruise to celebrate milestones or special events, suites are the icing on the cake. We have a small one with us on this cruise and after the last suite experience, we came to the conclusion that if we were sailing with kids, this might be the only way to do it and keep our sanity. Now that we have kids, we are going to test our theory.

This particular cruise also coincides with "big" birthdays for both myself and my wife.

There is one perk we are going to miss that Princess took away shortly after our last suite cruise, free Internet. We are pretty convinced we were the folks that ruined it for everyone else. About 10 or 11pm, just before we retired for the evening, we would log in and send photos, surf Facebook, write email, even do a VOIP phone call home. It all worked fine in spite of everyone saying that on board internet is slow (well it isn't fast, but it basically works). I don't quite understand how Princess can include in suite perks free bar setups and lots of amenities, but can't justify providing suite passengers free Internet. We are still quite a few cruises, even with the double cruise credit you get for booking a suite, from being Elite. So no free Internet for us for a while.

We'll still use nearly all the perks, and you will, too.

When we boarded on Nov 19: there was a big sign that now says Suite, Elite and Club Class board here. So just go to that with your printed boarding pass.

As far as laundry is concerned: suites get what they now call presto service. Just fill in the paperwork and get it to the steward by 9 am and it will be back that same day in the early evening.

And for menus: they always have them in the cabin for breakfast the next day just in case you do not want to go to special breakfast in either Sabatinis or Crown Grill. Just tell the steward that you want the lunch and dinner for the next day and he will bring them to you the night before as well. Never had a problem with this.

Be warned that if you order breakfast for the day of disembarkation, which we always do: if you order bacon, the one order is enough for the whole cabin and then some. We forgot and put down 2 orders and we could have fed the cabins nearby :rolleyes:

Any tips on having the tea served in the suite? I've read it is always a LOT of food. I hate to waste anything and don't want to totally ruin dinner :D. Is there a special menu for the tea? Where do we find it? And, is it offered daily?

We love the scones and usually like having them in the buffet as part of the early afternoon offerings, rather than going to the MDR. But, this is a chance to have them delivered to us.

Edited by metairiegal

Any tips on having the tea served in the suite? I've read it is always a LOT of food. I hate to waste anything and don't want to totally ruin dinner :D. Is there a special menu for the tea? Where do we find it? And, is it offered daily?

We love the scones and usually like having them in the buffet as part of the early afternoon offerings, rather than going to the MDR. But, this is a chance to have them delivered to us.

There is not a menu for the afternoon tea. It can be a lot of food, and it is offered everyday except on turn-around days and since you appear to be doing a b2b that would mean not on embarkation and on the turn-around.

If you wish to enjoy the afternoon tea service en suite, the order is requested to be placed a least 6 hours ahead of time, i.e., by 9:30 ish in the morning. Call room service, sometimes the person that answers is completely tuned into the suite and elite tea in the room, sometimes they have not clue. It should become apparent after about 20 seconds if you have someone who "gets it" or not.

You can specify the number of people who will be having tea, and then will be asked if you wish the sandwiches, the cookies, the pastries, the scones.....if you don't want way too much food, eliminate a food group or two - we would say just sandwiches and scones please. That will still be lots of food by the way. We love to have afternoon tea when we have a shore excursion that is going to leave us overheated, unfed and tired. Having it delivered at 3:30 or 4 (available between 3:30 and 4:30, and not really available at 3:30, more like 3:45) is very refreshing when you want to just have a bite to eat, relax and refresh. We also enjoy on "packing day", when we are probably going to be stuck in the suite for a while in the afternoon refilling those suitcases. Makes it a little less painful. Oh, Alaska, right? Glacier Bay Day, too.

You asked a few questions at the start of the thread - I do not remember seeing umbrellas in a suite on Princess ever, but I did see them on Celebrity. Be safe, bring the collapsible travel umbrellas.

Just call the DINE line when you board to make your dinner reservations for the first night. I am not sure whether that complimentary specialty dinner for the first evening is also offered on cruises shorter than 7 days, I believe it is for a six day cruise, but not on 4 on 5 night cruises. Just ask, they will be happy to let you know one way or the other.

Sabatini's breakfast, yes, by all means, have a nice glass of OJ and a separate glass of champagne if you wish. They are bottomless. After the first morning at Sabatini's the head waiter in charge of the venue should know who you are - he/she will at least recognize your face, might have to inquire about suite number a few more times, but no hassles whatsoever.

Just enjoy.....and if you do want the menus for luncheon and dinner routinely delivered to your suite, you will have to ask your cabin steward to please do so, it has never automatically happened. However, if you ask, they are more than happy to accommodate the request. Ours on our most recent cruise was such a sweetheart, I self-quarantined for a few days due to fever and sinus infection, and when my husband explained, every menu appeared each day, he couldn't do enough to make sure I had everything I needed, and the staff at breakfast in Sabatini's - my husband went alone for a few days (my biggest regret of that cruise, love breakfast in Sabatini's) they sent along care packages each day, as by then they knew my favorite pastry.

Finally! Our 1st cruise in a full suite is coming up fast. We'll be cruising on the Caribbean Princess for 13 nights over Christmas.

What are your favorite parts of being in a suite?

Any tidbits, or info on the ins and outs on the procedures/perks would be appreciated. It is almost cruising time and we are getting excited! :D

When my DW and I did a full suite for our Annversary, we didn't realize we couldn't cruise in anything other than a suite. It's the best way to cruise, from a Sabintini's breakfast to enjoying disembarkation in comfort. We have our favorite suites, and we won't sail unless They are available. You will love it.

We are pretty convinced we were the folks that ruined it for everyone else. About 10 or 11pm, just before we retired for the evening, we would log in and send photos, surf Facebook, write email, even do a VOIP phone call home. It all worked fine in spite of everyone saying that on board internet is slow (well it isn't fast, but it basically works).

Well, to be honest, it was likely due to many people using the Internet like you did, and maybe even more. We all lost a great benefit because of the few who didn't realize that the bandwidth was for everyone to share.

There is one perk we are going to miss that Princess took away shortly after our last suite cruise, free Internet. We are still quite a few cruises, even with the double cruise credit you get for booking a suite, from being Elite. So no free Internet for us for a while.

Now, the good news! You get the Internet benefit when you become Platinum! You don't have to wait to become Elite. So you'll get it sooner than you thought. Yay! :D

What can you tell me about the free laundry service?

I've have read (and seen pics) about laundry that comes back with holes!

And, that you should take pics of each piece before you send it out?

Is it better to have items dry cleaned rather than just laundered?

What can you tell me about the free laundry service?

I've have read (and seen pics) about laundry that comes back with holes!

Is it better to have items dry cleaned rather than just laundered?

What I can tell you is that one or some of the dryers on the Caribbean Princess seem to have burrs in them. DH had a number of items come back with some holes in them this last cruise.

Princess uses an alternative process that is not true dry cleaning, different chemicals.

I hardly ever send out any of the my items - I prefer to do them myself in the laundry rooms. DH routinely sends out most of his everyday things, and I just replaced some of his T shirts and boxers after the last cruise. His khakis and most shirts seem to have survived without injury, but I did some of his most favorite golf shirts myself - I wash them in the delicates at home anyway.

My advice - choose carefully.

I'd say yes, take photos. If nothing else it helps to identify an article that went missing. We never had any issues with holes/ruined clothing but we routinely either had something missing or end up with someone else's laundry.

No big deal, the cabin stewards get it sorted out.

We had great success with laundry service on the Island Princess. Yes we took photos. Never had anything lost or hurt. Never got anyone else's things. I did not sent any delicates or expensive things down though. Pants, shirts, PJ's sock undies and such.

We really liked that they also will polish your shoes.

We never had any issues with holes/ruined clothing but we routinely either had something missing or end up with someone else's laundry. No big deal, the cabin stewards get it sorted out.

I had to chuckle when I read your post. Several times my friend sent out her laundry and after 2 days it hadn't been returned. When the steward checked, it had been returned to the laundry because it had been delivered to the wrong cabin - but each time it was because my friend couldn't remember our cabin number and wrote down other people's cabin numbers! :p

Neither of us have ever had any issues with clothing shrinkage or damage. Especially for long cruises, this is a great perk.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

On the Royal Princess this year and on the Emerald Princess two years ago we got some of our clothes back with little holes in them. On the Royal the girl at passengers service said it never happened before. I told her I did not believe her and they gave me $$ OBC to have them replaced.

Tony

Last time we had a suite we sent laundry out every day and it came back perfect. I sent out my formal night suite for dry cleaning and they also did an excellent job.

If your everyday clothes are run of the mill cotton or cotton polyester, I don't see a problem in the treatment the laundry will give them. Anything else and you might want to do the dry cleaning option.

Oh, you'll see all the cleaning on your room folio and then a corresponding credit. The cost of laundry on board will blow you away.