Any clue if the free at sea promotion will continue into December

ilsh75

Not a TA and don't have inside information, but really doubt that the promotion will disappear in dec. believe it's been in place for well over a year now. Your issue could be losing the ability to book with perks if you book too late. I'm not sure about the 30 day thing, but I'm pretty sure you lose perks if you book a guarantee cabin. So that would be the main thing to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It never disappears. The "5 Days Left!" copy on the NCL homepage is just there to dupe newcomers.

So long as you don't book a GTY room, perks are available even for last-minute bookings.

I do not think this is true. I have seen non GTY rooms where the perk is not offered within 30 days as well as other on this board complaining about not getting the perks on their last minute booked cabins.

I do not think this is true. I have seen non GTY rooms where the perk is not offered within 30 days as well as other on this board complaining about not getting the perks on their last minute booked cabins.
The 30-day thing is no longer a thing. It was something they tried for only a couple of months, a year ago. But this forum holds a grudge like Khomeini… Edited by hawkeyetlse

The promotion is continuing-- shore excursions replacing prepaid gratuities. Starts December 1.

Not questioning your information, just wondering how you know this? I am looking at booking a cruise and was thinking I would have to do it befoer the end of tomorrow(Nov.30). If I don't have to rush that would be awesome!

Last day of the month again, it's fair to say that posted, unofficial "leaks" by others - as like previously intel shared - can be said to be relatively reliable & accurate and counted upon.

For those in the USA booking directly, one can cancel without penalty within 24 hours after booking - if tomorrow, Dec's officially announced promotions are "better" and "liked" by simply rebooking ... unless you are within the penalty & beyond final payment deadline, or it's a holiday/unique sailings and/or you must - absolutely, positively keep that AFT/FWD corner balcony/suite, etc. etc. as it might be released & seized by someone else lurking and waiting :D

IMO, the "free" or prepaid gratuities for the first 2 pax is a better option for some of us than the shorex credits for each ports (with all the limitations & disclaimers) ... as those shorex prices had been going up higher & higher (and, vastly overpriced to begin with as a general rule) You can easily DIY and come up with better ones in some of the ports (check out the Destination Forum's sub-board for tips & recommendations).

The $50 reduced deposit sounded nice but other lines were offering OBC for all sailings booked and not just for holiday cruises (which are priced higher) - and, by final payment date, you still need to pay the balance due - there's no savings, just deferred. 3rd/4th Pax sailed "free" has been around - just be careful with the calculations & still have to paid taxes, port fees & gratuities >>> would it go away, your guess is as good as mine.

Lately, it seemed there are a # of "discounted" plus last minute deals, selectively and if one can just pack-and-go on short notice not losing sleep over any "perks" with Free-At-Sea deals & happy to be on a cruise & not fuzzy about deck locations, etc. Prices for next April/May looked good on a # of ships/itineraries and you can select the freebies. Early December (next 2 weeks) - there's "steals" - just check out their official website.

I just got off the phone with NCL. I booked the Getaway for March 2018. I didn't ask about free at sea, which seems to always be there, but he did say the $50 deposit sale will end tonight and likely not be back until March.

Although it doesn't save money in the long run, the fact is I am only putting down $150 now for a vacation almost a year and half away, which I could cancel depending on things go with my life, the economy and the value of the Canadian dollar.

The guy also said he is working until midnight tonight because they expect a lot of bookings to come this evening.

Since we are family of three. I much prefer the free gratuities over the other choices and certainly over shore excursions option. Free dining for 2 plus 18%, plus the cost of the third person who is no longer a child, is pretty costly for "free" package.

Question about the promo changing 12/1- with that do they typically change the ships/rooms that the 3rd/4th sail free promo works with?

We were going to rush and book tomorrow- but it might be nice not to rush.

I wouldn't wait too long. The cabins are limited that can hold 3/4 people and you may just end up locked out all together.

I guess we will find out soon enough if the 'free at sea' offer is actually ending or just changing slightly as some have speculated.

You're welcome to call this speculation, but if you look at the banner a few posts above, it shows EXACTLY what I had previously posted.

You're welcome to call this speculation, but if you look at the banner a few posts above, it shows EXACTLY what I had previously posted.

Wasn't trying to be rude, and I am very happy that all those who posted were correct. I can still take advantage of the offer.

As I am new to NCL (not to cruising), I just wasn't sure how people knew that the offer was not ending and they were confident it was just changing slightly. I did not realize that this particular offer has been in place for quite some time and the 'ends November 30' was only a pressure tactic to get people to book.

Wasn't trying to be rude, and I am very happy that all those who posted were correct. I can still take advantage of the offer.

As I am new to NCL (not to cruising), I just wasn't sure how people knew that the offer was not ending and they were confident it was just changing slightly. I did not realize that this particular offer has been in place for quite some time and the 'ends November 30' was only a pressure tactic to get people to book.

The risk (and its confirmed with the December offers) is they will take away the things that can save those of us that don't drink heavily any real money. They took away the free gratuities which would be something we would interested in and added something we would never use. Here's what they are offering now;

1) Family and Friends free-With only two of us traveling completely worthless

2) Unlimited Booze-The daily gratuity at 18% is more than if we purchased what we would normally drink, again completely useless

3) 3 or 4 specialty dining meals-We don't eat in them, we already paid for our meals in the MDR and paid the gratuities with the DSC and yet me paying 18% gratuities is a free offer?, again, still a worthless offer for me

4) Free Wi-Fi-Completely worthless, I vacation to get away from all that crap

5) $50 per port excursion credit-NCL excursions are twice the price you could get it on your own if you were inclined, somehow $50 towards a $100-$200 "cheap" excursion is costing more than its worth especially when most NCL excursions are close to $100 or more per person.

Now, if you go in for this stuff great, it will benefit a lot of cruisers, just not my class of traveler.

The risk (and its confirmed with the December offers) is they will take away the things that can save those of us that don't drink heavily any real money. They took away the free gratuities which would be something we would interested in and added something we would never use. Here's what they are offering now;

1) Family and Friends free-With only two of us traveling completely worthless

2) Unlimited Booze-The daily gratuity at 18% is more than if we purchased what we would normally drink, again completely useless

3) 3 or 4 specialty dining meals-We don't eat in them, we already paid for our meals in the MDR and paid the gratuities with the DSC and yet me paying 18% gratuities is a free offer?, again, still a worthless offer for me

4) Free Wi-Fi-Completely worthless, I vacation to get away from all that crap

5) $50 per port excursion credit-NCL excursions are twice the price you could get it on your own if you were inclined, somehow $50 towards a $100-$200 "cheap" excursion is costing more than its worth especially when most NCL excursions are close to $100 or more per person.

Now, if you go in for this stuff great, it will benefit a lot of cruisers, just not my class of traveler.

I totally agree with you on most of your points, 1, 3, 4 and 5. For number 2, it is worth it to us to be able to order drinks and not really think about what our bill will be at the end of the cruise. I would not consider us heavy drinkers, but on a 10 day cruise it can really add up.