Why is Celebrity's website always wonky?

padgman1

I know Celebrity just released new itineraries for Europe and Transatlantics for 2018 yesterday, so traffic to the Celebrity website has probably been massive. Still....

In looking at Transatlantic cruises yesterday, the April 2018 TA on Eclipse to Dublin initially said "sold out".....then 20 minutes later was temporarily deleted from the website ....then 45 minutes later was found again, now listing prices that were less than half of the other TA's listed ( I kid you not, suite prices on this cruise were listed at $ 2100 )....I processed through to try to reserve one and 4/5th of the way through, the cruise "changed" to a 7 day Caribbean Reflection cruise.....when I went back, found the Eclipse TA now listing prices comparable to other Celebrity TA's on Silly and Reflection...

I have seen many other people state on this forum myriad problems they have had using this website to make reservations or look for info.....why is this? If companies vastly larger than Celebrity ( Amazon, Walmart, etc. ) have websites that function ( for the most part) smoothly, then why can't Celebrity spend some money ( or hire an assistant programmer form Amazon or Walmart IT ) to make their website function properly?

It is frustrating, but I did have to laugh today. I booked a cruise at 3 AM Tuesday morning and actually the new cruises showed up and the AQ cabins weren't "sold out" like they appeared to be when I checked a few minutes ago. I went to book and only OBC was offered as a perk (and I wanted the CC upgrade) so put a hold on the reservation and called Captains Club to see if I could get the beverage package instead (which I did) and upgrade.

I made the full deposit, received a booking confirmation and thought all was well until I received 5 worrisome messages throughout the day and night about how I had better go back and finalize the reservation before I lose it. I checked the reservation each time I received the emails and the booking looked intact and deposit was there.

Early this morning (24 hours after initial hold) I received the final email "Just because your courtesy hold expired doesn’t mean your vacation plans have to". Panicking, again I checked and the reservation is there and looks fine. It is definitely the worst website/online service that I have dealt with ever. Oh well, it is all worth it when we board the ship! :)

"Why is Celebrity's website always wonky?"

I guess you haven't met Celebrity's head of IT, Larry, and his two top lieutenants, Curly and Moe.;)

Hahaha, but isn't that the truth. My favorite is always seeing that all the cabins and suites are already booked, even though they were just released!

I booked early yesterday morning around 5:00 AM. Then I called Captain's Club rove sure and paid the deposit quickly. It was a good thing that I did, as the price went up 100 in a couple of hours AND they were all sold out of suites on the Reflection...really?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In looking at Transatlantic cruises yesterday, the April 2018 TA on Eclipse to Dublin initially said "sold out".....then 20 minutes later was temporarily deleted from the website ....then 45 minutes later was found again, now listing prices that were less than half of the other TA's listed ( I kid you not, suite prices on this cruise were listed at $ 2100 )....I processed through to try to reserve one and 4/5th of the way through, the cruise "changed" to a 7 day Caribbean Reflection cruise.....when I went back, found the Eclipse TA now listing prices comparable to other Celebrity TA's on Silly and Reflection...

I hear you loud and clear on this!

I was checking prices on our Oct 2017 Equinox cruise on Monday and used the Advanced (ha!) search for Equinox cruises in October of '17. I chose the Oct 6 sailing and saw an amazing Aqua Class rate. Something like 1049 for this 10 day sailing. I began the process of putting a hold on a cabin... and then I saw that it had changed to a January sailing!

It is ridiculous!

Hahaha, but isn't that the truth. My favorite is always seeing that all the cabins and suites are already booked, even though they were just released!

I booked early yesterday morning around 5:00 AM. Then I called Captain's Club rove sure and paid the deposit quickly. It was a good thing that I did, as the price went up 100 in a couple of hours AND they were all sold out of suites on the Reflection...really?????

The exact same thing happened to us. We booked yesterday when the sailings were released, I entered the sailing into my usual cruise fare monitoring website. This morning I received an alert that the prices had moved up by a $100 each category. I went to the web to check for the fun of it but could never get past the point where I keyed in the number of persons and room category. It invariably (and still does) shows the error message (oops we have run out of xxx cabins and would you like to check our other sailings). But I know there are plenty of cabins available as my TA managed to switch our cabins easily without any hassle. Celebrity really has to get their act together!

I'm sure I recall the new CEO saying that the website would be sorted. How long ago was that ??

He was part of Celebrity for maybe 9 months, dismantled the team (not actually responsible for the website), and then was promoted to Head of IT for Royal Caribbean. Can't make this up!