Passport help!!! Please!

Hi all! So I just noticed that my passport will expire July 2 2017. I sail January 5 2017. I know you shouldn't use a passport that is within 6 months of expiration. Will this be ok? Technically I don't need a passport because it's a closed loop cruise I think but can I use my passport as id?

Where are you going? The Caribbean doesn't require a passport at all, from American citizens..

You will want to bring your DL..as it's the same size as you ship's key....easier to carry ashore....whether they require it or not...you should ALWAYS have ID on you!

Hi all! So I just noticed that my passport will expire July 2 2017. I sail January 5 2017. I know you shouldn't use a passport that is within 6 months of expiration. Will this be ok? Technically I don't need a passport because it's a closed loop cruise I think but can I use my passport as id?

To my knowledge, there is no Caribbean cruise based out of the US that has a 6 month expiration requirement. That is generally when you are flying to some foreign countries.

Edited by clarea

You can google the countries you are visiting and get your answers

You are absolutely fine with your passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

(Yeah me for searching instead of just posting!) I JUST realized my kids (16 & 20yrs) passports expire 2 1/2 months AFTER our Caribbean cruise. I'm assuming just because they are minors the above advice is the same. I'll call Royal later today, to be sure. But that was a stressful 30 minutes before I thought to check these boards. Thanks again, to this awesome website!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums