Half Moon Cay-How far from tender pier to closest cabana

bunchesofun

If you google "Half Moon Cay", there are maps showing the cabanas and other amenities. The 1st several cabanas are fairly close.....but I'm not sure how a "rollator" will function on the sand.....

They do have those "sand wheelchairs", and they can help you to the cabana.

Thank you CruiserBruce! Exactly what I wanted to know. The two in our party will have rented scooters on board the ship, but this being the tender port we wanted to be sure it was feasable. They are capable of walking distances that are not too far, and would certainly make the effort to be able to experience such a beautiful place. I plan on being one of the first in line at the excursion desk to get cabana #1 because it is paved all the way. I suppose if we don't get that one plan B would be to borrow the sand wheelchair and take them in turns. Trying to have it all planned out complete with plans B and C etc., to make it the easiest I can for us.

I don't know about Carnival, but with HAL you can pre-book the cabanas. It's in the excursions area of the website. If the color/number isn't there then it's probably already booked. Or you can call the cruise line and check with them. I would not wait until you are on the cruise. I booked our cabana for a December cruise in September and most of them were already gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know about Carnival, but with HAL you can pre-book the cabanas. It's in the excursions area of the website. If the color/number isn't there then it's probably already booked. Or you can call the cruise line and check with them. I would not wait until you are on the cruise. I booked our cabana for a December cruise in September and most of them were already gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless it has changed, that is not possible. On the website you can reserve A cabana, but not the specific one. You have to go to the excursions desk to pick which one you want. I will double check if it has changed. Our cruise is in April and we have had the cabana booked for months and there was no choosing which one at that time.

They do have vehicles to drive you to the cabanas and also to the buffet lunch area. However' date=' they do have big steps up, maybe they have alternative vehicles for the handicapped. I suggest you ask the folks at the shore excursion desk.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip! That will be helpful if we are not able to get the handicapped cabana. My people could walk a short distance on sand and managed some steps, so that could work. Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip! That will be helpful if we are not able to get the handicapped cabana. My people could walk a short distance on sand and managed some steps, so that could work. Thanks again!

While Carnival doesn't officially assign cabanas before embark, it's possible they might make an exception in a case where you have a medical need for the one and only accessible cabana. Couldn't hurt to email shoreexcursions@carnival.com and ask. Be sure to tell them your booking number and that you've already got a cabana reserved, and explain the need for rolling access.

While Carnival doesn't officially assign cabanas before embark, it's possible they might make an exception in a case where you have a medical need for the one and only accessible cabana. Couldn't hurt to email shoreexcursions@carnival.com and ask. Be sure to tell them your booking number and that you've already got a cabana reserved, and explain the need for rolling access.

Thank you for the email addy to inquire about the cabana. I have sent them an email and we will see what happens. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. Just got an email back from them that they would reserve it for us!

Awesome!

Keep a copy of the email and bring it to Shore Excursions immediately upon embark.

Back when Carnival was -- briefly -- allowing us to reserve cabanas in advance via email, I reserved #11. They didn't know about it on the ship and I ended up with #9.

Awesome!

Keep a copy of the email and bring it to Shore Excursions immediately upon embark.

Back when Carnival was -- briefly -- allowing us to reserve cabanas in advance via email, I reserved #11. They didn't know about it on the ship and I ended up with #9.

It's already printed and in my cruise docs folder. :)