[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

We stayed on board this morning and hung out in the smoking area on the pool deck reading and relaxing.

We call this "Doing Nothing With Style!"

We had lunch in the Windjammer. The Country Fried Pork Chops were excellent!

Judith

DSCN0541_zpsytcyrwn1.jpg

Me

DSCN0542_zpsmassz7ot.jpg

From your pictures this morning it looks like you are docking in a different location than we have always docked in St. Maarten. Looks very industrial with all those containers.

We are used to docking where there are shops along the pier and a short distance to walk to the water taxi.

8th time here in 3 yrs, always same spot. The container/industrial area is next to cruise pier's, shops and water taxi behind ship as you remember.

Trainman~ My husband and I always joke about this "bump" and "shudder" you mentioned...."We just hit a whale!" Haha! We never knew what this actually was either!

That is what SO said the first time it happened while we were in our cabin. I can't use the language but it was something to effect what did we just hit.....

Edited by troykahack

The little packets are in place on all of the tables in the Windjammer but only some have the shakers.

The rumor is that they are being stolen by the passengers or simply wear out and they are not being replaced.

Last time we saw single packets was when the ship was "sick" with Noro.

Hope that is NOT the case!!

Thanks for letting us tag along!!

It's probably been more than a year since RCI removed pens and paper from our cabins.

Of course, RCI wanted me to fill out a paper debarkation questionnaire with similar info already provided online at checkin. After walking around the ship, I finally found a pen!

Couldn't help but put down that my first thought was to turn in the paper using the invisible ink from the invisible pen.

Yes, I normally have a pen in my pocketbook, but not this time around.

Someone told me that RCI was fined for the amount of logo pens found littering shorelines. That doesn't prevent them from putting generic pens in the cabins.

Doesn't explain why Kleenex has been removed from cabin and public bathrooms. Yes, we found a box in a desk drawer, but so unsanitary not to have in restrooms outside restaurants.

Judy

It's probably been more than a year since RCI removed pens and paper from our cabins.

Of course, RCI wanted me to fill out a paper debarkation questionnaire with similar info already provided online at checkin. After walking around the ship, I finally found a pen!

Couldn't help but put down that my first thought was to turn in the paper using the invisible ink from the invisible pen.

Yes, I normally have a pen in my pocketbook, but not this time around.

Someone told me that RCI was fined for the amount of logo pens found littering shorelines. That doesn't prevent them from putting generic pens in the cabins.

Doesn't explain why Kleenex has been removed from cabin and public bathrooms. Yes, we found a box in a desk drawer, but so unsanitary not to have in restrooms outside restaurants.

Judy

Kleenex box not in cabin bathroom hit me funny too. Been getting new box start each cruise, guess they throw open one away. I pulled it out of Desk drawer tried putting it in the dispenser and doesn't fit. Oh well, I just open it leave it on my desk.

... Doesn't explain why Kleenex has been removed from cabin and public bathrooms. ...

I was told that they are keeping the Kleenex out of the bathroom to stop people from putting tissues in the toilet. Any paper other than the supplied toilet paper supposedly messes up the flushing system.

Edited by clarea

Day 8 - Friday, December 9, 2016 - Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Good Morning Everyone,

We got good news from home yesterday! There was a moving van at our rental house in Palm Coast and our renter is actually moving out. We were worried that she would not and we would have to go through the legal process to evict her.

The house has been sold and we close the week after next.

That's great news!! Congrats!!

Day 9 - Saturday - December 10, 2016 - At Sea - Homeward Bound

We are so lucky that we found Pet Paradise where we can leave Booty while we cruise knowing that she enjoys it there and has fun playing with the other dogs.

Booty needs a playmate badly but we have hesitated getting a 4th dog.

The cats and wieners are afraid of Booty because she is so much bigger then they are.

Booty-Dec-09_zpsz0nuaxvu.jpg