Explorer...Rome to Miami

forevertravel

We totally agree that this would be a great and easy solution. We rarely use the ship excursions and always wonder how many other people are not using them. That has to actually be quite a benefit for Regent with less slots to pay for.... yet we all have paid for with our cruise fare.

Really nice to be able to agree with you!:)

Agree with you 100%. We also did our thing in several ports and did two "Regent's Choice" excursions on "our" leg of the cruise. Interestingly, we did not have people with mobility problems on our these excursions (no doubt because we paid for them). IMO, there is still a glimmer of hope that we will eventually be able to opt out of excursions.

Hope you enjoyed your Explorer cruise as much as we did.:)

Hi Jackie, absolutely, it was great! Frankly, the only aspect of the ship I dont care for is the decor and noise level in Compass Rose.

At least you read the description and acted appropriately. A lot of people don't. On our Alaska trip, there was a very strenuous hike pretty much straight up for 3 miles. One lady, who clearly had not done any physical activity at all in a very long time, was on it. After about 50 feet, she started complaining and wanted to go back to the ship. One of the guides actually took her back while the rest of us went on. It was strenuous for me, and I work out at least 45 minutes every day. In the description, it clearly stated what would be required to do the hike, but she still signed up. It puts the tour guides in a difficult position. Personally, I think they should have just walked her back to the van and made her sit there for 4 hours for being stupid. But they were nice enough to take her back to the ship.

Agree 1000%, but then she would be the one on here bitching about how Regent screwed her over for one thing or another. Can't fix STUPID!

I don't think that anyone wants Regent to discontinue included excursions - just would like an "opt out" option that includes a credit for not taking included excursions. Regent could have passengers that opt out of included excursions and decide that they want to take one, pay for it - similar to what we now do with Regent Choice Excursions. This would be easy* for Regent and for passengers - especially long time Regent passengers that are revisiting many ports and want to do "their own thing".

*By "easy" I mean that Regent's computers already handle passengers that wish included air and hotel and those that opt out. Unlike Regent's all-inclusive experience onboard that, should not be messed with, air, hotels and excursions are items contracted out and are not part of the onboard Regent experience. Also, Regent did not have any difficulty taking away the included pre-cruise night at a hotel for non-concierge or above guests so they would easily handle this change (if they want to).

IMO, Its not going to happen.

Its not about being able to do it. Like you say, the system should already have that capability.

I can assure you that the amount of the credit given would not make those people happy. Ad nausem complaining and bitching about the amount. Its a no win for them, so IMO they won't

Edited by commodore2010