Why is there such an issue with Navigator embarkation in Miami?

Just got home from the B2B on the navigator. Total fail on Nov 27. Got to the dock at 1pm didn't get on board till 4:15. It was our 50th cruise with royal. There were no boarding pictures (they took them away before 3 pm) No one from royal helping with the line or telling us where to drop of checked baggage.

No one passing out water till almost 3 pm. No where for handicapped to sit (except for concrete barriers)

Multiple problems all week scoring 0's for everything but wait staff and stateroom attendant. Second half of B2B was better but far from a 10. Surprise USPHS inspection while in PR. 11/30. Heard they failed (can't confirm yet)

I was on the same cruise. B2B. The tent was a total debacle. It was the worse time we have ever had getting on board. We stood in line for hours before we started to board. Luckily we were at the front of the line and got on with the first 50-75 peeps. There was quite a line all day long and we were late leaving port.

This is the information I've been waiting for ! Thank you !!

So there IS an expedited onboarding for Suites ? How do you walk "past the line" ? Is there a way to determine where to go ? Is there an expedited security line for high level C&A and Suites or just expedited once you get through security ?

I don't want to cut in line if there is no special expedition for Suites but I certainly DO want to make my way to the right area if there is one.

Thank you !

We were in a JS and some other suite passengers cut in front of us saying they were told to go to the front of the line. We had waited with the other "commoners". So yes they tell the suite passengers to go to the front of the line cutting in front of the steerage passengers.

We had waited with the other "commoners". So yes they tell the suite passengers to go to the front of the line cutting in front of the steerage passengers.

I hope this steerage passenger gets on board without issues in two days.

We were in a JS and some other suite passengers cut in front of us saying they were told to go to the front of the line. We had waited with the other "commoners". So yes they tell the suite passengers to go to the front of the line cutting in front of the steerage passengers.

So, you don't believe Full Suite Guest, GS and above shouldn't have a priority embarkation?? Then what is the benefits of perks?? You have the same right to book a full suite as anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks like there are 8 ships on that day! Am I looking at

The info wrong? Does that mean we are for sure in the tent?

Probably means some ship will be assigned the tent, but not necessarily Navigator.

Sure, didn't you hear, the cruise line passes the discount on to the guests. Everyone gets $100 OBC!:rolleyes:

I did get a port credit of about $5 on my Empress sailing even though we didn't miss any ports - no idea why I got that.:p

Edited by Biker19

I did get a port credit of about $5 on my Empress sailing even though we didn't miss any ports - no idea why I got that.:p

Yep, we got around $3 (each!) back on our BR cruise two weeks ago. I suspect they are required by law to refund any fees that decline. They probably made it up in "erroneous" mini-bar charges.:rolleyes:

Just curious, did you get a email from Royal asking you to board by deck number?? Anyone?? Might this have helped the boarding issues??

Thank you

We were in a suite and received an email saying we could board at our leisure at 11:00. That didn't happen at the tent. We were in the first 50 to 75 on board. We arrived around 11:00 but weren't on till after noon. All aboard was supposed to be at 3:30 but that didn't happen. I think we finally got under way after 5 pm. Others have said they hated this cruise. Yes, standing in line was not fun. We have only found horrible lines boarding with Carnival. Not sure why someone would say they would go on RCCL again, just not the Navigator. It is a beautiful ship. I don't need a lot of things to keep me happy. The smaller the ship, the better for me. I can't ever imagine myself on an Oasis class ship. I am reluctantly going on Freedom. Loved the older, smaller ships!

The smaller the ship, the better for me. I can't ever imagine myself on an Oasis class ship. I am reluctantly going on Freedom. Loved the older, smaller ships!

I think the small ships have charm. I LOVE Freedom Class though. I think the Freedom was my favorite ship ever. I was very leery of our cruise on the Allure. I was pleasantly surprised. The ONLY thing I did not care for on Allure was the inward focus of the ship. Without a balcony cabin, making a trek up to an upper deck, or finding the few spaces on Deck 5 where a person can sit and look out- the ship is very inward focused. There are not many places where a person can sit inside and look out at the ocean. If you want to see the ocean, you have to go outside unless you have a balcony cabin.

I am not knocking your choice of small ships. They are definitely a lot closer to the sea and seem more what "cruising" is all about. I just wanted to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the larger ships.

Navigator at Terminal G today:

Pulled into the parking garage at 1:02 - note to othersn if you want a covered spot get there before 1

Checked in at 1:15, got to the cabin right when they became available at 1:30, WJ at 1:45 and in line at the Flowrider at 2. :o

What about if we disembark with our own luggage.

We were on Navigator 11/27 & 12/4 B2B. Embarkation was started around noon on the 27th. We booked a room with transfers so we had no choice when to show up which was about 1030 (it was supposed to leave at 1030 but all pax were at the van at 10). We were in the tent. People still getting off at 1130. The tent has no extra place to take passengers through customs so everyone comes out of the tent. After zero count, they started boarding and we were on shortly after noon. They were still boarding late into the afternoon. We were in a normal, albeit small, terminal for the rest of the cruise.

Debarkation, even in the regular terminal was slow. On the B2B, we didn't clear customs until noon. They stopped debarkation twice as the terminal was at full capacity. We chose to self debark on the last leg of our B2B and were off before 7:30. United made us wait until 0900 to check in for our flight which was at 12:30. We did not take the transfers from the port to airport. They said it was only available for people with flights after 12:30 but I didn't want to chance it. We took a cab which got us to the airport before 8 and it was cheaper than the bus transfer. You can easily make it with a cab.

That is what I don't care for on the Oasis class. I will have to see what is different from Freedom and Indy. Plus I am toying with the idea of a Liberty cruise between our X and Freedom trip. I like the idea of the panoramic ocean view rooms. But I think so far Brilliance was our favorite.

We got the email below about our sailing. We are Diamond so not too much of a hassle. We will probably be there around 10 or 1030.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Navigator of the Seas on January 6, 2017.

If you have not done so already, please take the time to complete Online Check-In at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin.

We want your vacation to start off right and it is with that in mind we remind you to arrive within your designated check-in window. Arrival within your assigned time will help to expedite the boarding process and avoid potential delays. The arrival time is listed below based on stateroom location.

· Decks 10 & 12: 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM

· Deck 9: 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM

· Deck 8: 12:45 PM to 1:45 PM

· Deck 7: 1:45 PM to 2:45 PM

· Deck 6: 2:45 PM to 3:30 PM

· Decks 2 & 3: 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 AM and 4:00 PM.

Navigator of the Seas sets sail at 5:00 PM, and all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sailing.

We appreciate your assistance and look forward to welcoming you onboard Navigator of the Seas.

We got the email below about our sailing. We are Diamond so not too much of a hassle. We will probably be there around 10 or 1030.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Navigator of the Seas on January 6, 2017.

If you have not done so already, please take the time to complete Online Check-In at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin.

We want your vacation to start off right and it is with that in mind we remind you to arrive within your designated check-in window. Arrival within your assigned time will help to expedite the boarding process and avoid potential delays. The arrival time is listed below based on stateroom location.

· Decks 10 & 12: 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM

· Deck 9: 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM

· Deck 8: 12:45 PM to 1:45 PM

· Deck 7: 1:45 PM to 2:45 PM

· Deck 6: 2:45 PM to 3:30 PM

· Decks 2 & 3: 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 AM and 4:00 PM.

Navigator of the Seas sets sail at 5:00 PM, and all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sailing.

We appreciate your assistance and look forward to welcoming you onboard Navigator of the Seas.

It still amazes me why Royal would send out such an email. So only guests that are requested to follow this are first time cruisers and GOLD members. Makes a lot of sense to me.

That is great news, Biker, that you had no issues boarding!

We are on the March 3, 2017 Navigator sailing to the southern Caribbean. One of the sites showing the ships in port that day, shows 5 ships. http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/426-Miami_Florida/March_2017/

The other site, http://www.cruisetimetables.com/frommiamiflorida-03mar2017.html, shows 6 ships in port. The same ships are shown, except for the Norwegian Pearl. I went to NCL's site and looked at cruises for the Norwegian Pearl. This ship is scheduled for a 14 day cruise to the Panama Canal, leaving Miami on February 18 and arriving in LA on March 5. No cruise is shown for the Pearl for a Western Caribbean cruise leaving March 3.

I hope with five ships in port, that we might avoid the tent. If not, we will just have to deal with it. At least we know in advance that this can happen.