Day passes at Ft Lauderdale hotels?

luckyprincess

Hi! So we were going to do the everglades excursion on our last day. However I got a crazy good airfare rate and our plane leaves at 5pm. We don't want to sit at the airport for hours after our excursion. I was wondering if anyone knows a nice Ft Lauderdale hotel that will do day passes so they can keep our luggage and we can use their beach chairs/umbrellas? I think this would be a relaxing end to our vacation. If not that, anyone have any other ideas for something fun to do (not into history or space shuttle) there after we get off the ship to kill time until our flight?

If it is too early to check your bags you can pay to store your luggage at FLL - from there you can head out to someplace fun for a boozy lunch or the beach.

Roadway Inn is a basic, budget motel that offers day rates if you want a nap, shower, or quick dip in the pool; not anywhere close to the beach. :(

If it is too early to check your bags you can pay to store your luggage at FLL - from there you can head out to someplace fun for a boozy lunch or the beach.

Roadway Inn is a basic, budget motel that offers day rates if you want a nap, shower, or quick dip in the pool; not anywhere close to the beach. :(

Thanks John! I didn't know that about the airport! I'm going to go check on it now thank you :)

I just called the Renassiance.....no day rooms:(.....I haven't booked

my cruise yet but for the dates I want, flights home are very late in

the day...like early evening.....I don't want to have sit at the Ft. Lauderdale

airport all day either:rolleyes:

What cruise line? HAL has luggage direct where they take your luggage to the airport from the ship . They also check you in and print boarding passes.

You sign up via HAL's site ( it will link to the site)

Also other lines offer this .. Carnival did but discontinued it..

The fee isn't much (20 or so ) plus normal baggage fees

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IndyDenise

I just called the Renassiance.....no day rooms:(.....I haven't booked

my cruise yet but for the dates I want, flights home are very late in

the day...like early evening.....I don't want to have sit at the Ft. Lauderdale

airport all day either:rolleyes:

Spend another night and then fly home the next morning; we've done this and the airfare savings once more than paid for the hotel! :D If your room is not ready when you arrive the hotel should be happy to hold your bags while you grab lunch.

What cruise line? HAL has luggage direct where they take your luggage to the airport from the ship . They also check you in and print boarding passes.

You sign up via HAL's site ( it will link to the site)

Also other lines offer this .. Carnival did but discontinued it..

The fee isn't much (20 or so ) plus normal baggage fees

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds awesome! I'm on RCCL so I'll see if they have this!

Spend another night and then fly home the next morning; we've done this and the airfare savings once more than paid for the hotel! :D If your room is not ready when you arrive the hotel should be happy to hold your bags while you grab lunch.

I wish!! My fiancé just started a wonderful new job so we don't want to push it lol!

Someone else mentioned to check the length of the tour but I think it says it starts at 8:30am and goes for 3 hours concluding at the airport. So I'd be there around 11:30 which seems too early. I guess I can check to see what restaurants are there.