NCL cruise consultant

shickybaby

Has anybody had any problems with the NCL cruise consultant that won't return your phone calls or call back when they say they're going to and is it possible can to change consultants once you already booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm assuming you already have a booking as I imagine the PCCs are pretty quick to answer the phone when it involves a new booking for them.

I would call the 800 #, explain that you have been unable to reach your PCC after several attempts, and ask to be connected to another. Once connected, ask this person your question. If they say they cannot help you, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask to have a new PCC assigned. I did this once and it was not a problem.

I'm assuming you already have a booking as I imagine the PCCs are pretty quick to answer the phone when it involves a new booking for them.

I would call the 800 #, explain that you have been unable to reach your PCC after several attempts, and ask to be connected to another. Once connected, ask this person your question. If they say they cannot help you, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask to have a new PCC assigned. I did this once and it was not a problem.

A PCC was calling me about monthly for a year about booking a cruise with him. When we finally was ready, I called him, left a message and within 1/2 hour he called back. He would periodically call and made sure everything was okay and suggested some excursions, even gave me his "direct line". Once final payment was due and paid the PCC disappeared. Calls to his "direct line" went unanswered and no response to email.

I finally called the 800# and they took care of everything I needed to have done.

About a week after the cruise the PCC called me back and wanted to know if I was ready for booking the next cruise. I told him to... :eek:

Edited by Philob

They are not worth bothering with.

I asked mine why the same cruise, same cabin, same UBP/SDP for 2 would cost $350 more through him than my TA. He was quite arrogant and told me that my TA was lying and there was no way they could give me a better deal.

Next day I booked the cruise with my TA and when the PCC called told him I changed my mind and decided to go to Cuba for vacation instead of a cruise. That finally ended his phone calls.

Never could figure out why I can always get a better deal through a TA or airline or on the internet than if I book direct with any of the cruise lines.

Has anybody had any problems with the NCL cruise consultant that won't return your phone calls or call back when they say they're going to and is it possible can to change consultants once you already booked?

Just pick up the phone and call the 800#. Deal with whoever you get. No real need for a particular consultant.

Our pcc, who we had been using for many years, "left" abruptly -0right after we book our cruise lady year, the pcc that got her account, totally screwed up our reservation, we called the 800 and they fixed the issue. Since then, we found an amazing pcc to book our cruise for next summer!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Glassdoor.com reports that NCL PCCs earn about $10 to $11 per hour: 2016-09-06_2151

I don't know if that's a starting wage or if there's opportunity to earn more. I don't believe they have commission because the range of wage reports would be wider, even if it's all from newer employees. That range is based on about 29 people who have self-reported their earnings to the site.

I have to say that with very few exceptions we have always had really great service from the reps on the phone. We really like the one we have right now, even if we don't like NCL as much as we used to. But I suspect at that wage they get a lot of turnover.

I found a cruise from an online travel agent that was $400 less per person for Celebrity, but for NCL I have found only smaller incentives from TAs. One big box travel agent gives "cash cards" that are from $50 to $200 or more (depending on cruise cost) per cabin and includes them for NCL. We can't give specifics on here because CC doesn't allow us to compare travel agents.

• 8 months later...

Been having terrible luck with an PCC NCL assigned me too. They never reply to email, hard to reach on the phone and when I need help they are useless. I tried NCL 1-800 number during the evening but couldn't get through. I'll try again during the day..

Is it just me or their customer service is really lacking lately?

Yes. Mine consistently doesn't respond to my emails, or in the rare case he doesn't only addressed 1 piece of it. We called to upgrade and just asked for someone different. He called before we could even hang up the phone. So not helpful and I educated him ALOT on room, sizes, layouts, etc.

I asked my PCC to get me a cabin on Bliss inaugural crossing thru CAS ....not only did he not do it he told me the ship was sold out over 2 years ago plus sold out for 2018 .....so I wrote that here .People on that cruise told me ...not true .I called CAS myself got my cabin ..

So what was that about ??why lie to me ...very bizarre

I will no loner call him .....

A PCC was calling me about monthly for a year about booking a cruise with him. When we finally was ready, I called him, left a message and within 1/2 hour he called back. He would periodically call and made sure everything was okay and suggested some excursions, even gave me his "direct line". Once final payment was due and paid the PCC disappeared. Calls to his "direct line" went unanswered and no response to email.

I finally called the 800# and they took care of everything I needed to have done.

About a week after the cruise the PCC called me back and wanted to know if I was ready for booking the next cruise. I told him to... :eek:

:'):')