Inside or not

soggy1975

Put me on the list as an Inside person. I love that when we close the door and turn off the lights the rest of the world goes away and stays away until we choose to let it return.

We use the cabin to sleep, bathe, dress, and as a place to store our stuff. We can always find quiet places on deck when we want a little quiet time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call me weird but I actually prefer inside vs ocean views. I love how dark they get at night, if you have an ocean view at port and there are bright lights outside it can get a bit annoying ( Our Vista Cabin light seemed to leak through). Also I'm only there to drop stuff off, sleep/shower. Other than that i'm pretty much out and about.

Call me weird but I actually prefer inside vs ocean views. I love how dark they get at night, if you have an ocean view at port and there are bright lights outside it can get a bit annoying ( Our Vista Cabin light seemed to leak through). Also I'm only there to drop stuff off, sleep/shower. Other than that i'm pretty much out and about.

Agree! The oceanview makes me feel a little seasick, forget I'm on a ship if I'm inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've cruised for 23 years and always had an inside. (Four of us initially, now three.) We only use the cabin to get dressed and to sleep; there's never any need to have two people moving about at once, and inside cabins are generally no smaller than outside cabins anyway. Each to his own, but I would save the money.

We once had an inside which was low down and central, and we hardly felt any movement of the ship at all. This was great for my husband who occasionally feels a little queasy, but I missed the rocking motion of the sea.

For four people, most inside cabins (except for Disney, and possibly a few others) would likely feel cramped as in many cases, inside cabins are smaller than oceanview or balcony cabins. If I remember, Carnival's insides are also the same size as OV, and Carnival has some of the larger standard staterooms. RCI's insides are about 25 sq ft smaller than their OV's. Some lines may have somewhat larger insides, depending on actual cabin category. I missed having natural light in an inside cabin, but that may not be a factor for you. If budget is a concern, there can be some great deals on inside cabins, but in many cases, an oceanview guaranteee may not be much more $$$ if you can find a good sale.

I think the inside cabin is fine, and probably a good idea - for your first cruise.

If you catch the bug, you will have many many opportunities to book more expensive cabins. Once you get used to a balcony, it may be hard to turn back to an inside.

It's not the same as a window, but the tv in your cabin will have a station that you can tune to the view heading forward or back. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1392/~/fun-ship-live-webcams

My only caveat would be 4 adults in a small cabin. Are you close? How would it be to share a small bedroom with all 4 of you in cots, etc. And one bathroom. Some inside cabins have the bunks, others with pull out couches etc. You may be scrambling over beds or having to "dance" to even navigate the cabin when all 4 are there. If there are rough seas or anyone gets a tummy bug, it could be challenging.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

We did 3 adults and a 3 y.o. in an inside and it was fine.

One thing you might think about is bed times. One of us stayed in with 3.y.o while others went out each night.

If we had a balcony we could site out on it and talked or played cards etc. While the little one slept. If they are older children it won't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

For me, no way.

A few reasons

1. No idea what it's like outside, some say put the TV on to ship cam to check, but that can be deceiving, really someone has to run up on deck and check

2. No idea what time it is.

3. Claustrophobic, if I visit someone in one, after about 10 minutes I am ready to get out

4. I want to see, hear and smell the ocean.

5. No natural light

6. Your balcony is a great escape.

7. I concede I do spend more time in my cabin than just sleeping, but I guess that'd change if I had an inside.

8. 4 in an inside:eek::eek:

Just spent fourteen days in an inside :( 26th & 27th cruise..I mean how bad could it be right! Ha!

I mean where was I supposed to sulk with my glass of wine ,when hubby got on my nerves! The hallway?

Obviously did not think that one through.......

The good news is we have decided to stay married ,even after all that !

Will never, ever,do that again.... did I say, never ,ever??:rolleyes:

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I should have added for those that like an inside :

Royal/Regal Princess,sideways cabins are a bit bigger. (We had L214 )

My thinking was hey, you have that big balcony ,right down the hall...lol

A perfectly nice cabin, just not for us.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Mr & wife + 2 boys 11&13

Is there any evidence of an increase in sea sickness with inside cabins..i'm a bit prone myself

Sorry to say, with sea sickness an inside cabin is a NO. You must have at least a porthole or obstructed window - there is something about what your body feels and what your eyes see. You should also be in the middle lower part of the ship.

We always book an inside cabin. Not only is it the cheapest option but it's the best option for light sleepers like me, who need a quiet, dark sleeping environment.

But the downside of an inside is that it's quite small. If you tend to get claustrophobic you'd hate it. Also I can't imagine how 4 people can comfortably fit in an inside cabin.

Cabin size can vary across different ships / brands.

Find out the layout of the cabin, whether the beds are bunkbeds or if two drop down from the ceiling over the floor beds. I've found the cabins have pretty good storage space mapped out, so that if you are somewhat organized it works. I do bring an over door transparent shoe organizer, hang it accessible from the cabin (not on the side of the bathroom door). It helps if I want to grab a hair brush / hair dryer while my son is in the bathroom.

You may want to consider getting a tape measure / masking tape & mapping out the square footage of the cabin you are considering. Just like the size of the ship is stunning as you walk up & see it for the first time - walking into your first cabin can be surprising too as to how small it is.

I should have added for those that like an inside :

Royal/Regal Princess,sideways cabins are a bit bigger. (We had L214 )

My thinking was hey, you have that big balcony ,right down the hall...lol

A perfectly nice cabin, just not for us.

Reader

I second that. We had M224.

Put me on the list as an Inside person. I love that when we close the door and turn off the lights the rest of the world goes away and stays away until we choose to let it return.

We use the cabin to sleep, bathe, dress, and as a place to store our stuff. We can always find quiet places on deck when we want a little quiet time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BINGO, job done.

We did 10 nights in an Inside and I'd only book one again for a short cruise- 5 nights or less. The cabin itself was fine, but it started to feel very stuffy and dim after a few days. I really like having fresh air and natural light- I'm one of those annoying people always opening windows at home even when it's cold outside! I also like to be able to see outside. Yes, we didn't spend a huge amount of time in the cabin, but I still missed those things. Didn't hate it, but wouldn't like to do it again on such a long cruise. Have a balcony booked for the next one, yay!

Are a couple of your roomies late sleepers? that's what I loved about having a balcony, if someone wanted to sleep, I could sip coffee on my balcony and watch the sunrise. I didn't feel obligated to get fully dressed so I could walk to another part of the ship to wait while my roomies woke up. I could probably handle a couple days but I always liked going back to the room for an hour to chill out sometimes on the balcony.

Not sure I'll get a definitive answer to this but it'll be interesting to get some opinions

We're a family of 4 planning our 1st cruise next summer

I'm gravitating to an inside cabin to keeps costs down

I doubt we'll spend much time in the cabin outside sleeping as we plan to be either out on excursions or exploring the ship

So yeah or nay(yes or no)

Thanks

We tried an inside cabin, once, and hated it. Too claustrophobic. If there's not too much of a difference in price, and it won't break your budget, consider getting an ocean view cabin, unless you and your family are okay with sleeping in a box with no windows for several days. And, having the cabin's TV tuned to the ship's deck cam is not the same as having a real window that you can look out of. Several people have said give it a try. But, keep in mind, if you or any of your family are claustrophobic, you'll be stuck there until the cruise is over.

Ocean view looks to about £600 extra..just seems a lot for a week considering i dont think any of us will use the room much outside of sleeping and showering
Budget considerations will allow you to accept the cons of a inside cabin and you will still enjoy the cruise. Good luck.:D

I usually do an inside just to keep the costs down. I have upgraded when there was a sale and I felt we could handle the upcharge, but inside cabins are fine. It just takes a little organization and I personally never felt claustrophobic.

There's usually only 2 of us, though. Next cruise will be myself and both my sister's so we're trying an oceanview as a compromise between the cheaper inside and the roomier balcony. We travel a lot together, mostly road trips. If we can still stand each other after 2 weeks and 5000 miles I'm sure we'll be fine.

I usually do an inside just to keep the costs down. I have upgraded when there was a sale and I felt we could handle the upcharge, but inside cabins are fine. It just takes a little organization and I personally never felt claustrophobic.

There's usually only 2 of us, though. Next cruise will be myself and both my sister's so we're trying an oceanview as a compromise between the cheaper inside and the roomier balcony. We travel a lot together, mostly road trips. If we can still stand each other after 2 weeks and 5000 miles I'm sure we'll be fine.

I couldn't travel two miles with my sister's, they are shockers.:(

I couldn't travel two miles with my sister's, they are shockers.:(

I don't know if you meant this to be funny or not so I apologize if this offends, but your statement made me laugh and laugh. Truth is my sisters and I could not have done much time together even a few years ago. I like to say we can now because we've gotten older and our memories aren't as good as they used to be. Hard to stay angry when you can't remember why you got angry to begin with. LOL.