Hotels

mra9955

Hello. Preparing for an upcoming cruise on Allure. Very excited to have a 2br aqua theatre suite. Did this a year ago and had a good time. Anyway, looking to go down to FLL a few days early for some nice beach time. What hotel would be recommended for a family of five? Preferably something big and amenity rich. Don't really want to rent a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just sailed on the Harmony of the Seas out of FLL last month. We stayed at the Renaissance near the port and it was very comfortable and convenient. We were a family of 8 and had 3 rooms including a suite with an adjoining bedroom which would be fine for 5 of you.

Also, there is great transportation to and from airport, hotel and the port with Quick and Safe Shuttle service. $6/ pp to and from airport, hotel and port ($1 extra PP back to airport).

We were only there the one night before the cruise but it was perfect for our needs (and used Marriott Reward points for the 3 rooms).

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Embassy Suites would accommodate you all in one room. It has a decent pool and restaurant. The Riverside would probably require two rooms but is in the heart of Los Olas which is filled with restaurants and shopping. I would look at one or the other of those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Embassy Suites would accommodate you all in one room. It has a decent pool and restaurant. The Riverside would probably require two rooms but is in the heart of Los Olas which is filled with restaurants and shopping. I would look at one or the other of those.

Yes we like the Embassy also.

Although an older hotel, the suites have been re-done and we enjoy the closeness to the stores, the cocktail reception and the breakfast.

Enjoy

Hello. Preparing for an upcoming cruise on Allure. Very excited to have a 2br aqua theatre suite. Did this a year ago and had a good time. Anyway, looking to go down to FLL a few days early for some nice beach time. What hotel would be recommended for a family of five? Preferably something big and amenity rich. Don't really want to rent a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure why a question about a pre cruise hotel needed to be prefaced by your 2br suite on the cruise.

That's like saying I need a rental car in FLL. After I park my Bentley at the airport.[emoji848]

Embassy suites was great 10 and even 5 years ago but it is in a sad state of disrepair. Search this forum for it and you will find good info to consider.

The only mainstream hotel actually on FLL beach is the Marriott Harbor Beach, and its quite nice. Not brand new and parts of it are showing a little wear, but generally clean and well maintained. As I mentioned it is on the beach, with large resort style pool just off the beach, several dining options and a short walk to the FLL beach strip, with lots of dining and shopping. The MHB serves free cookies and lemonade poolside each day and shows family movies poolside most nights, and at least occasional live music at the beach bar

Not cheap and not super premium but if you want to start your vacation off right, it works well for families.

Edited by kjmjrm

Not sure why a question about a pre cruise hotel needed to be prefaced by your 2br suite on the cruise.

That's like saying I need a rental car in FLL. After I park my Bentley at the airport.[emoji848]

I wondered that myself, but wasn't going to go there...