Brilliance or Independence

Depends what you are looking for in a ship, but you cannot really go wrong with either.

If you want the Flowrider and Royal Promenade, go with Indy.

If you want to see outside from virtually any public venue, and you want a less crowded experience, both port and onboard, I'd go with Brilliance.

Depends what you are looking for in a ship, but you cannot really go wrong with either.

If you want to see outside from virtually any public venue, and you want a less crowded experience, both port and onboard, I'd go with Brilliance.

I agree with Bob, as these are my favorite/second favorite classes of ships, but for different reasons. It just depends on what you want out of your cruise ship experience. We will be on Serenade, Brilliance's sister, tomorrow and Indy in a month.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

I agree with Bob, as these are my favorite/second favorite classes of ships, but for different reasons. It just depends on what you want out of your cruise ship experience. We will be on Serenade, Brilliance's sister, tomorrow and Indy in a month.

Small world, Cape Coral here also[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For once, Bob, don't totally agree! Sailed the Independence and Serenade (same as Brilliance) this year and last year and found the Serenade to be much more crowded and congested.

Also found entertainment to be far superior on the Independence, especially the ice show.

I do like the sea views but if I want to sit and enjoy view I either use my balcony, or go on deck.

If you do Independence, don't miss the "hidden secret" sun deck by flowrider, one deck down. No one ever came by, and we always got chairs for the 4 of us :). Well, I guess now it's not a secret!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have a similar spot on brilliance, one deck below the mini golf![emoji41]✌️

Small world, Cape Coral here also[emoji41]

Hey, bobkat. Been here 9 years, and during this time of year, I wouldn't want to be anywhere up north.:eek:

OP, there are more things to do on Indy, for sure, but sometimes we like to have a more peaceful experience, where it feels more like an ocean going adventure - and where you can see the ocean from just about anywhere - as opposed to a floating sports/activities resort. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sports/activities when we are on that type ship, its just a different experience. We were on Empress just a few weeks ago, and didn't fully know what to expect - except what we had read on CC. About half the tonnage of Brilliance and fewer venues, but we had a fantastic cruise. You should research the ships and decide what best fits you. And, on occasion, its more about the ports than the ship. However, while I have my favorites, I don't think I've met ship yet that I don't like. A day cruising is better than...well, a whole lot of things. :cool:

Sandsnowman.jpg.b2a9199f5c60d80657564c87daff5432.jpg

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

Brilliance is my favorite ship. I just love the centrum and the glass elevators overlooking the ocean. We're sailing on her next month.

We just got off Liberty a week ago (same class as Independence) and while I enjoyed the ship, I don't find it as inviting and beautiful. I do like the ice skating show though.