AVID RCL Cruiser - Cruising First Time On Celebrity - Need Help!

EpochTraveler

Just booked my first 10 day Celebrity Cruise on the Reflection. I have sailed 4x times on RCL over the years as well as once on Carnival.

I am 21 years old and will be sailing with my parents (Early 50's) in a SV cabin together. I am not the typical 21 year old that likes to be rowdy and pound down alcohol but nor am I a quiet boring person, and enjoy to have fun.

I was turned on by Celebrity not only by the great deal I got on the cabin in comparison to RCL & princess but I really think the Celebrity Ships are beautiful.

Here are my questions:

Evening Chic? - We generally get dressed up in suits and dress, (Formal night attire on RCL) or will it be too dressy for evening chic?

I look at the Celebrity Today Daily and I notice not many events in comparison to RCL... Is it more about relaxing on board than partaking in activities?

I love my parents but 10 days on a ship is a long time for us especially in the same cabin. I enjoy getting me-time and I am afraid I will not get any. Any tips on what someone my age can do on the Reflection? Aside from the obvious; Gambling, Drinking, etc.

Thanks for the help! :)

Just booked my first 10 day Celebrity Cruise on the Reflection. I have sailed 4x times on RCL over the years as well as once on Carnival.

I am 21 years old and will be sailing with my parents (Early 50's) in a SV cabin together. I am not the typical 21 year old that likes to be rowdy and pound down alcohol but nor am I a quiet boring person, and enjoy to have fun.

I was turned on by Celebrity not only by the great deal I got on the cabin in comparison to RCL & princess but I really think the Celebrity Ships are beautiful.

Here are my questions:

Evening Chic? - We generally get dressed up in suits and dress, (Formal night attire on RCL) or will it be too dressy for evening chic?

I look at the Celebrity Today Daily and I notice not many events in comparison to RCL... Is it more about relaxing on board than partaking in activities?

I love my parents but 10 days on a ship is a long time for us especially in the same cabin. I enjoy getting me-time and I am afraid I will not get any. Any tips on what someone my age can do on the Reflection? Aside from the obvious; Gambling, Drinking, etc.

Thanks for the help! :)

A couple years ago our 24 yo DS took an 11 night cruise with both of us. He quickly met cruise friends in the lounge. Then spent the rest of the cruise with this group drinking and dancing at night, but playing trivia, pool games, working out in fitness center, and lounging by the pool on sea days. He still keeps in touch with a couple of cruise friends via Facebook.

IMO some passengers dress casual, others very dressy, but most are wedding guest appropriate on evening chic nights. I suppose this means everyone fits in.

If you are Crown & Anchor you should register for Captains Club now so you can access on ship perks.

Edited by kathynorth

On X activities are often Officers vs Guests; pool volleyball, bocce ball, poker.

X is a more relaxed, adult atmosphere: only 1 announcement a day. Martini bar is a great place to meet others. After 10 cruises on RCCL we prefer the more laid back atmosphere of X, but we are not in our 20's:)

There,s a nice gym with .equipment and classes, spa,

Trivia, adult comedy shows, DJ...pool games with officers (volleyball, ) and other afternoon pool activity. Ping pong and putting competitions..

Lawn Club Grill for lunch might be fun...( extra charge)

Seek out bridge tour, backstage tour, culinary tour...watch for music events in the main lobby staircase area..martini bar...video game area,

No rock walls or ziplines on board but lots of action oriented excursions in ports

Demographics often depends on cruise dates

Edited by hcat

Another way to meet up with others is to register on the roll call. There may be several 'friends' groups your age on board plus others, like yourself, traveling with family members. The beauty of this is you can make some acquaintances before you even board the ship. Roll calls frequently arrange excursions and this could give you the opportunity to try some more active adventures than you may sign up with your parents to do.

Edited by chemmo