luggage tags.

punkybett

Wow, I thought I was the only one and actually asked my co-worker if I was becoming colorblind. Luggage Tag said Lime and it printed out bright yellow. Even looks yellow when it shows up on the browser. I finally got it to look like Lime by changing the printer settings to print as Graphics instead of Photo.

Then my OCD kicked in when I realized I needed to print my name, address, phone, so I exported the graphic of the tag, edited it using a photo editor to add my info and the cabin info since the exported luggage tag does not show cabin info as it is a dynamic field.

Then OCD #3 kicked in again and I realize how flimsy the luggage tag was, so I used packing tape to laminate the sucker so it's pretty much bulletproof.

Then OCD #4 kicked in and did the same thing for DD/DM's luggage tags.

Edited by Kilmar

Wow, I thought I was the only one and actually asked my co-worker if I was becoming colorblind. Luggage Tag said Lime and it printed out bright yellow. Even looks yellow when it shows up on the browser. I finally got it to look like Lime by changing the printer settings to print as Graphics instead of Photo.

Then my OCD kicked in when I realized I needed to print my name, address, phone, so I exported the graphic of the tag, edited it using a photo editor to add my info and the cabin info since the exported luggage tag does not show cabin info as it is a dynamic field.

Then OCD #3 kicked in again and I realize how flimsy the luggage tag was, so I used packing tape to laminate the sucker so it's pretty much bulletproof.

Wow ha ha!

That is dedication, bet my luggage tags look a mess compared to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just use the tags they give you at the port. Much more durable than a paper printout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good plan but that involves queuing up. I just roll up, chuck my bag on the pile and move on :)

To solve #3, we bought a set of cruise luggage tag holders. We've used the tape trick before, but I'm allergic to adhesives, and ended up with a rash for the first cruise because of it. Put two on though, just incase one falls off.

That's a good plan but that involves queuing up. I just roll up, chuck my bag on the pile and move on :)

I've never had a line to hand my luggage over and even the one time where I did use my own printed tags I still made sure to hand them to a person.

More than I am willing to do. I don't even bother printing them, I get mine from the porters at the pier.

wow, i thought i was the only one and actually asked my co-worker if i was becoming colorblind. Luggage tag said lime and it printed out bright yellow. Even looks yellow when it shows up on the browser. I finally got it to look like lime by changing the printer settings to print as graphics instead of photo.

Then my ocd kicked in when i realized i needed to print my name, address, phone, so i exported the graphic of the tag, edited it using a photo editor to add my info and the cabin info since the exported luggage tag does not show cabin info as it is a dynamic field.

Then ocd #3 kicked in again and i realize how flimsy the luggage tag was, so i used packing tape to laminate the sucker so it's pretty much bulletproof.

Then ocd #4 kicked in and did the same thing for dd/dm's luggage tags.

lol :d

If your flying pack a small stapler at the dollar store to take with you and put several staples on each tag even close to the handle it won't fall off.

I just use the tags they give you at the port. Much more durable than a paper printout.

I've only ever been handed flimsy paper. What ports give better ones? Or maybe it depends on the porter

If your flying pack a small stapler at the dollar store to take with you and put several staples on each tag even close to the handle it won't fall off.

Never staple a luggage tag!!! Your bag may be handled 4 or 5 times before it gets to your room. Even with gloves on a straitened out staple could sink right into a handlers skin and leave a nasty hole or cut. Also, but probably not your bag may become the brunt of a handlers anger if it was to hurt them. Think about it, a staple is just a bent needle.

Never staple a luggage tag!!! Your bag may be handled 4 or 5 times before it gets to your room. Even with gloves on a straitened out staple could sink right into a handlers skin and leave a nasty hole or cut. Also, but probably not your bag may become the brunt of a handlers anger if it was to hurt them. Think about it, a staple is just a bent needle.

Hm, I think I will staple the end then tape up the staples to prevent potential accidents. OCD #5, here I come!

Except for the fact that I have seen the porters with a stapler to assist people who printed out tags that didn't staple it themselves.