A Leap from HAL to Crystal

PCruzer

I have started on the comparison that I alluded to here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433753

Pcruzer, you ask if there are things HAL does better than Crystal. I think that's a largely subjective question depending on a person's tastes and desires; there are some things that HAL does better from my point of view, but I'll save them for my final installment.

Roy

I have found all the boards on CC to be very helpful when you are researching. Very helpful. :)

Now, if you happen to express some disenchantment with a cruise line justified or not, the cheerleaders abound (including this board) and you are often chastised :). I discovered that the hard way on a live thread when I was dumb enough to report Noro observations. C'est la vie, As was wisely pointed out anyone can have a bad cruise on any cruise line ;)

Especially that anyone can have a bad experience on any line....and that two sailings on the same ship just a week or so apart can vary greatly. I've noticed differences sometimes even on a b2b

Quick note to those worried Berlitz scores never change or are biased by commercial ads.

Never fear, there is room for scores to drop some more.

Prinsendam 2017 score 1376

maasdam 1239

Veendam 1234

The two ships that hit our sweet spot for almost everything were unchanged at 1677 and 1679.

Didn't have time to look at Crystal scores as I had two minutes after picking up some last minute kid gifts.

I read the book every single year and will do so in a few months.

I didn't see any ads, I don't remember seeing them in past years.

I believe the book has a thirty plus year track record.

I have no idea on whether Prinsendam has a golf simulator but my thought is they were credited with something they did not have which inflated the score a little.