HAL NZ embarkation?

our flight arrives in Auckland 11:30am but our cruise has 10:00pm departure. I have called HAL to inquire what time we will be allowed to drop off our luggage and have gotten conflicting answers. we were hoping to drop them off at the terminal early and then do some sightseeing. can anyone offer their experiences with this? Thanks so much!

HAL's policy fleetwide and worldwide is for boarding to start around 11:30, when the cabins are ready. It doesn't matter when you are departing. This is discussed very regularly on the HAL board.

As to dropping off baggage, I am always leary of dropping off the bags before the ship has cleared the departing pax, so before 9:30 is worrisome to me. But when the port accepts new bags is a bit of a local policy, not a HAL policy.

our flight arrives in Auckland 11:30am but our cruise has 10:00pm departure. I have called HAL to inquire what time we will be allowed to drop off our luggage and have gotten conflicting answers. we were hoping to drop them off at the terminal early and then do some sightseeing. can anyone offer their experiences with this? Thanks so much!

By the time you arrive at the dock from the airport, you can definitely drop your bags and then go for a wander. You could possibly even check-in and board but check to make sure you can get back off again to explore.:D

We are hoping we will be allowed to drop off our luggage, checkin, then leave for some sightseeing. :D

As Mic said, if you want to check in then leave for sightseeing you must ask if you can leave then come back later to board. I suggest you check in but do not go through Immigration until you are ready to board.

Auckland port normally starts accepting bags from around 9.30 am. Don't be surprised if the ask you if you have power strips or alcohol in your checked baggage. If you have they may ask you to remove them and put them in your carryon baggage. Different cruise lines have different policies regarding both items. One point to note is and that there is no need to tip the porters. It is not a custom we encourage in NZ and they are paid a wage sufficient that they don't rely on gratuities