Noordam laundry?

nacsivmw

We've been on several HAL cruises, but only one ship had a laundry. Does the Noordam have one? I looked through the deck plans and could not find one. Also, anything about the Noordam that would be good to know? We will be on the Noordam this coming Feb for a cruise around New Zealand, then on to Australia. I haven't found too many recent reviews about this ship. We have previously cruised on the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, and the Ryndam. The Ryndam was sold after our cruise with them, it was the only ship that had the laundry facilities. Excuse my ship's spelling, don't believe I got them all right. Thanks for any info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to say that the Vista class ships do not have self service launderettes. The Vista ships are Noordam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam and Westerdam (North, South East and West...).

The R class ships: Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam and Zaandam still have self service launderettes, as do the older yet S class ships: Maasdam, Veendam (used to be Ryndam and Staatendam before they were sold).

The newer Signature class Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam, and the Pinnacle class Koningsdam do not have launderettes.

You can order unlimited laundry for $7 (or $9 in Europe) per day per cabin, or stuff a bag for $20 or maybe more depending on itinerary. Or pay by the piece which is very costly.

m--

The R class ships: Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam and Zaandam still have self service launderettes, as do the older yet S class ships: Maasdam, Veendam (used to be Ryndam and Staatendam before they were sold).

As does the Prinsendam.

People tend to forget about that lovely little ship. :(

On our Aug/Sep first cruise on Noordam we made extensive use of the ship's laundry services. Our clothes were all treated to our satisfaction with no issues, and we received prompt service and quick turnaround times, usually next day.

As to the ship itself, we thoroughly enjoyed our time onboard, and will gladly do it all again. Soon, we hope :)

George and Lori

How do you organise the $7 a day laundry? Is that per cabin or per person?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Per cabin, the last time we used it. That was mid-2015, and I have not seen anything about there being a change. But wait for someone with more current experience to chime in, to be certain :) With all the changes HAL has been making, year-old experience may no longer be applicable.

IIRC there was a section to check or circle, or something, on the laundry slip, and we just circled the "unlimited" option.

Edited by VennDiagram

Per cabin, the last time we used it. That was mid-2015, and I have not seen anything about there being a change. But wait for someone with more current experience to chime in, to be certain :) With all the changes HAL has been making, year-old experience may no longer be applicable.

IIRC there was a section to check or circle, or something, on the laundry slip, and we just circled the "unlimited" option.

It was per cabin in April-May/2016 too, but our experience is not that current either.

To date,I hae not seen any posts to the contrary so I think it should still be correct Venn;)

Thanks for all the info.

We've used the laundry bags on previous cruises and were always happy with the results, but $7 a day is a pretty good deal too. Appreciate the nice comments about the ship, we are excited about this journey, counting down the days!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the laundry daily special on Rotterdam this past summer and loved it. We ended up rotating about three sets of underwear. We'd get them back, the next day/night. We had about 80% four star and up on that trip, and getting the suite amenities package that includes laundry.

We used do them in the sink on Royal Caribbean, but with arthritis, it's much harder now.